HBO's Westworld V - These violent delights... [Spoilers]

.H.

1 minute ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

They downloaded all of the proprietary data onto Abernathy at the end of season 1.

He's who Sizemore went back to the compound to retrieve during the party.

AHHHHHHHHH .. youre right!!!!! Shit, i always any host could be proprietary info.

Just now, Charlie Hustle said:

Okay cool. So you do know what happened to arnold and all, right? And why Ford decided to clone him? right?

It's a robot, not a clone.

Clones are biological, and therefore are due the rights of biological creatures (humans, if you will).

Bernard is a robot.

Just now, Charlie Hustle said:

AHHHHHHHHH .. youre right!!!!! Shit, i always any host could be proprietary info.

The computing power, the brain if you will, is what allows the hosts to gather the kind of data that Delos is after. They basically want the genetic code and personality data (along with any related blackmail material I'm sure) of all the Who's Who that's attended the park.

And since the park is for the Super-Rich...

Imagine if Cambridge Analytica had put their personality quiz on Twitter and sent it only after the people who matter. That's what Delos is doing.

The original hosts were pure robots, but the ones they use now (apart from child Ford and his family) are flesh and blood because it was apparently cheaper. They're still not clones though because as we see in this episode they have computer brains that you can pull out and extract data from.  

Edit: 

The hosts are basically organic. It’s cheaper that way to print them out. They eat, they sleep, they have sex, they can poop. It’s really like a human body with the one difference being where we have a brain, they have a CPU. 

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/20/westworld-showrunner-interview-season-2/

I'd assume there's at least one other difference, that they can't reproduce.

26 minutes ago, The Unborn said:

Is it me, or when Gustaf Skarsgård appears on screen every other actors look like dwarves next to him ?

Nah dude is tall as shit. Never really noticed on Vikings cause there was a lot of other tall people on the show I guess :dunno: 

I thought it was good, I still have reservations about the multiple park idea muddying the water.  The dead hosts at the end, that will be interesting to see where it falls in the timeline and of course, what it means. Poor Teddy, can't catch a break, it seems.

I think? those trailers seem to show Dolores out in the 'real world'....which will be interesting, but again, I still feel there is a possibility it will all teeter out of control.  Thandi Newton is still the best thing about the show.

9 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I thought it was good, I still have reservations about the multiple park idea muddying the water.  The dead hosts at the end, that will be interesting to see where it falls in the timeline and of course, what it means. Poor Teddy, can't catch a break, it seems.

I think? those trailers seem to show Dolores out in the 'real world'....which will be interesting, but again, I still feel there is a possibility it will all teeter out of control.  Thandi Newton is still the best thing about the show.

I think the clips of Dolores in the real world are from young William's timeline. The post-show previews showed her with William, wearing the same black dress she wears in prior trailers. They also showed Logan and an older man. I think the older man is Logan's father and my guess is the party they are at is to introduce him to the hosts. From last season, we know that Logan wanted to get his father and their company to invest in the park. We also know that it was indeed William that saved the park from financial ruin and made it profitable. I would guess we are going to see Logan be the butt-monkey once again.

Though I'm very curious as to who it was that Charlotte was communicating with in the outside world. The obvious person would be the guy from Vikings but perhaps a dark-horse could be Logan. I'm also very curious whether Ford or William knew that Delos has been collecting at that data and DNA from guests. 

18 minutes ago, Trebla said:

I think the clips of Dolores in the real world are from young William's timeline. The post-show previews showed her with William, wearing the same black dress she wears in prior trailers. They also showed Logan and an older man. I think the older man is Logan's father and my guess is the party they are at is to introduce him to the hosts. From last season, we know that Logan wanted to get his father and their company to invest in the park. We also know that it was indeed William that saved the park from financial ruin and made it profitable. I would guess we are going to see Logan be the butt-monkey once again.

Though I'm very curious as to who it was that Charlotte was communicating with in the outside world. The obvious person would be the guy from Vikings but perhaps a dark-horse could be Logan. I'm also very curious whether Ford or William knew that Delos has been collecting at that data and DNA from guests. 

Hmmm.  That would be a little strange, but I did think I saw Logan, so you might be right, I guess we would see William using her as a bot again since this would be after he searched for her, found her but she had been wiped and was no longer awake.

I don't think it is Logan that Charlotte is talking to, he was sidelined a long time ago by William, could just be the CEO or whomever is in charge of their secret project.  My guess would be that Ford knew what Delos was doing based on his various comments last year of knowing everything that goes on in the park and the games he alludes to w/Delos and their ulterior motives.  You would also assume that William as the primary shareholder and a member of the Delos Board should also know.....

ETA...I'm not sure what to think about the dead hosts in the water....I assume/hope that there will be a twist coming here and we won't simply watch the whole season to get to the point where everyone is dead...that's kinda anti climatic.

42 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

LMAO!!!!

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I think? those trailers seem to show Dolores out in the 'real world'....which will be interesting, but again, I still feel there is a possibility it will all teeter out of control.  Thandi Newton is still the best thing about the show.

She is magnificent. Its really such a nice cast all around, but yeah Thandie is flawless just love her every scene.

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Maybe as a protective device, if the park is indeed on an island, the hosts can't swim?

Given what we know about Ford, I can't imagine him deliberately programming a weakness into them to try and keep them contained.

Maybe Delos is planning to make loyal host dopplegangers of important people, then replace them with hosts. Or offer people the next best thing to clones, with perfect "host" versions of themselves to carry on.

6 minutes ago, Fall Bass said:

Given what we know about Ford, I can't imagine him deliberately programming a weakness into them to try and keep them contained.

Maybe Delos is planning to make loyal host dopplegangers of important people, then replace them with hosts. Or offer people the next best thing to clones, with perfect "host" versions of themselves to carry on.

Jace reckons that Dolores purged the disloyal elements of her robot army.

21 minutes ago, Fall Bass said:

Don’t they all have bombs inside of them that will go off if they try to leave the park?

Anyways that was an awesome episode. I have to go back and rewatch season one because this show has soooooo many moving parts.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Don’t they all have bombs inside of them that will go off if they try to leave the park?

Anyways that was an awesome episode. I have to go back and rewatch season one because this show has soooooo many moving parts.

Jaace waches. Jaace is always watching.

Watching Jaace.

Watch Jaace.

Watch Jaace

So if this show ditched the timeline jumping stuff and depicted events in a fully linear fashion it would have like...2 rather rote mysteries? 

Gimmick or good writing? 

Archived