HBO's Westworld V - These violent delights... [Spoilers]

.H.

I watched it again and I can't shake off the feeling that they are screwing with our heads once more, showing different timelines, more than just the revolt and then two weeks later. I am sure we will see all the events that occur in between. I suspect there are other timelines there as well, perhaps the future when everything is fixed?

It's Dolores saying she knows the past, the present and the future that seems to me to be a hint to us. And I really wonder when the scene between Bernard and Dolores really happens.

Does Bernard say he "hate killed" them? I listened to it over and over and couldn't quite understand what he said. Bernard is definitely disturbed by everything he sees, from hosts being shot to people being killed by hosts. 

When I first watched it I was thinking Maeve was the package to be delivered, a delivery interrupted because she decided not to leave. but of course the timing isn't right. Since rescue did come, the package, I assume was delivered.

I assume Charlotte didn't make it...

I wonder if one of the worlds is some kind of celebrity world.

Those drones creeped the hell out of me.

40 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Abernathy is the package, Charlotte and the writer guy downloaded whatever Delos wants into him and they put him on the train out of the park.  We didn't see what happened to him though.

Yes, I know, I'm just saying that I  kept thinking Maeve was the package until Charlotte reminded us it was Abernathy.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Abernathy is the package, Charlotte and the writer guy downloaded whatever Delos wants into him and they put him on the train out of the park.  We didn't see what happened to him though.

I don't think he got on the train, isn't it when Sizemore is going to fetch him that he sees the hosts are missing in the season 1 finale?

13 minutes ago, williamjm said:

I don't think he got on the train, isn't it when Sizemore is going to fetch him that he sees the hosts are missing in the season 1 finale?

Yes, which is why Jace said he's running around the bushes killing people.

When Sizemore opened the vault all the decommissioned hosts had been turned into Wyatt's horde. Clementine being the most recognizable.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Does Bernard say he "hate killed" them? I listened to it over and over and couldn't quite understand what he said. Bernard is definitely disturbed by everything he sees, from hosts being shot to people being killed by hosts. 

When I first watched it I was thinking Maeve was the package to be delivered, a delivery interrupted because she decided not to leave. but of course the timing isn't right. Since rescue did come, the package, I assume was delivered.

Bernard just says “I... I killed them... all of them”

I did the same exact thing with confusing Maeve and just forgetting about Abernathy, until she typed it in. I should’ve really watched the season 1 finale before this.

10 minutes ago, williamjm said:

Yes. Charlotte is assuming Sizemore succeeded.

19 hours ago, dbunting said:

Did I miss something (very possible), why did Benards thumb open the door? Didn't she say that it was a DNA reader? I mean I guess Ford could have used something to give him a positive check so no one would catch on that he is a robot?

I just assumed, for the moment, that Ford put it in some code that lets Bernard bypass the scanner since he knows everything that goes on in his park. 

5 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I just assumed, for the moment, that Ford put it in some code that lets Bernard bypass the scanner since he knows everything that goes on in his park. 

I assumed that Ford used Arnold's DNA in creating Bernard. So his flesh is basically cloned from Arnold and thus has his DNA.

6 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I wonder if Ford is still actively pulling the strings? I remember there being speculation that the host he was printing in season 1 could have been a Ford Doppelgänger and that was what Dolores shot. I guess now Delos has found his body there would probably be an autopsy done which would clear that up, but they won't have had time to do that yet.

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I assumed that Ford used Arnold's DNA in creating Bernard. So his flesh is basically cloned from Arnold and thus has his DNA.

Yes, that could very well be it. And he doesn’t have the spine-buster so Bernard can be the one that gets out and takes over the world. 

11 minutes ago, williamjm said:

I wonder if Ford is still actively pulling the strings? I remember there being speculation that the host he was printing in season 1 could have been a Ford Doppelgänger and that was what Dolores shot. I guess now Delos has found his body there would probably be an autopsy done which would clear that up, but they won't have had time to do that yet.

I think it's pretty clear after his conversation with William in the premier that he uploaded himself into the park somehow. There was that line about great artists don't die they disappear into their work or something like that right before he was shot. If he was printing a doppelganger then it will show up later on with his consciousness inside. 

59 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Yes, that could very well be it. And he doesn’t have the spine-buster so Bernard can be the one that gets out and takes over the world. 

I'm leaning towards him being the "carrier" of the backed-up hosts now, although I guess it's also possible that they all did the Maeve thing and printed themselves new bodies before dumping the old ones in the inner sea as a decoy. It'd be interesting if Maeve was supposed to be the one who had the "carrier" role initially (hence why she had "mainland escape" programmed into her, presumably along with the instructions to demand a bomb-free body), but Bernard ends up doing it by choice.

Maybe. Although I guess that goes against the idea that consequences are meaningful now, and the hosts die for good if they are killed.

26 minutes ago, Fall Bass said:

I'm leaning towards him being the "carrier" of the backed-up hosts now, although I guess it's also possible that they all did the Maeve thing and printed themselves new bodies before dumping the old ones in the inner sea as a decoy. It'd be interesting if Maeve was supposed to be the one who had the "carrier" role initially (hence why she had "mainland escape" programmed into her, presumably along with the instructions to demand a bomb-free body), but Bernard ends up doing it by choice.

I'm not sure about any of the details, but I feel that whatever is going on with Bernard and the dead hosts is probably all Dolores' doing - like the Cylons she Has A Plan although hopefully, unlike Battlestar Galactica, the writers have actually worked out what that Plan is.

22 hours ago, dbunting said:

I guess as a first episode of the season it was ok, they had to pull together a lot of stuff from last year.

Did I miss something (very possible), why did Benards thumb open the door? Didn't she say that it was a DNA reader? I mean I guess Ford could have used something to give him a positive check so no one would catch on that he is a robot?

I don't think Bernard's thumb opened the door.  When Charlotte told him to touch the door handle, I assumed she was using her code to add his DNA to the security program, showing the system he was allowed to be in there based on her clearance level.  His DNA wasn't already in the system, so it added whatever DNA makes up his outer skin.

10 hours ago, RumHam said:

I think so. Aren't the new hosts essentially human clones (3d printed) but with their brains replaced? I suspect many are custom built in terms of appearance but in terms of replicating a person they just grow that person in a vat and replace the essential parts?

5 hours ago, Triskele said:

Could immortal Ford have been speaking to William through adolescent Ford host before William shot it?

Didn't the kid keep talking with a double voice anyhow? I wasn't sure whether that was happening or just for the benefit of the viewer but I took it as meaning that was older Ford talking via child Ford?

4 minutes ago, red snow said:

Didn't the kid keep talking with a double voice anyhow? I wasn't sure whether that was happening or just for the benefit of the viewer but I took it as meaning that was older Ford talking via child Ford?

I just assumed with the rebellion going on and machinery and communications equipment smashed the boy was malfunctioning. He was an older model, wasn’t he?

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

I just assumed with the rebellion going on and machinery and communications equipment smashed the boy was malfunctioning. He was an older model, wasn’t he?

No, the "kid" was telling WIlliam what Robert wanted him to know. Seems like Ford might now be in the network, so to speak. That's one way of continuing his character without having Hopkins on board. 

4 hours ago, Relic said:

No, the "kid" was telling WIlliam what Robert wanted him to know. Seems like Ford might now be in the network, so to speak. That's one way of continuing his character without having Hopkins on board. 

I think you misunderstand - the question was about the distorted voice young Robert had. That it was a message from older Robert is not in dispute, is it? Why was the voice so garbled. Do you think Ford just wanted to be spooky?

Archived