HBO's Westworld V - These violent delights... [Spoilers]

.H.

Both Peter Abernathy (Dolores's father) and Angela (the host who greeted William in episode two and showed up later as a follower of "Wyatt") have been elevated to series regulars for season two. I thought the actor playing Abernathy was great so this is good news. 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Isis said:

Eh. Not much to go on really. But I guess they need to make sure that people don't forget the show exists while we wait another year for it. 

Well it is shots from a lot of different set pieces, so at least we know things are moving along on production and it isn't languishing while the writers try to figure out the plot.

24 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

So excited!  And Old Bill (MiB) lives lived through the finale!  

Maybe minus an arm from my first viewing?

Really curious how the bloodbath plays out. Do the murdered players get covered up with the survivors being paid to keep quiet? Or will the players be robots too? The former makes more sense.

I'm pleased there was no apparent sign of Anthony Hopkins but I'm still not ruling out there could be a version of his character somewhere in season 2.

I'm pleased they had the year off. I'd rather they didn't fuck things up by rushing (True detective season 2).

51 minutes ago, red snow said:

Really curious how the bloodbath plays out. Do the murdered players get covered up with the survivors being paid to keep quiet? Or will the players be robots too? The former makes more sense.

I'm pleased there was no apparent sign of Anthony Hopkins but I'm still not ruling out there could be a version of his character somewhere in season 2.

I'm pleased they had the year off. I'd rather they didn't fuck things up by rushing (True detective season 2).

I didn't catch that about the arm, I'll have to see it again.  That also looked like Bernard dead at the poker table but then we see him riding with Stubbs & co. in the Mad Max dune buggies.

Not convinced it wasn't a host version of Ford that died in the S1 finale, but I'm betting it was the real deal a la Sean Bean.  As much as I love Hopkins in that role I think it's a better story if he was really killed there.

Agreed on the year off... waiting sucks but I'm encouraged by the trailer!

1 hour ago, Ded As Ned said:

I didn't catch that about the arm, I'll have to see it again.  That also looked like Bernard dead at the poker table but then we see him riding with Stubbs & co. in the Mad Max dune buggies.

Not convinced it wasn't a host version of Ford that died in the S1 finale, but I'm betting it was the real deal a la Sean Bean.  As much as I love Hopkins in that role I think it's a better story if he was really killed there.

Agreed on the year off... waiting sucks but I'm encouraged by the trailer!

I think if Hopkins returns it will be as that host who was being built in that secret room. The things he said about great artists living on in their art or something in the finale really stuck out to me at the time. I can't recall the exact quote. 

Also if the dead Ford was a host then Dolores really hasn't (as of season one) crossed that line into having full control of her actions. 

15 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

*holds out hope for Elsie*

Gotta believe, and hope.  I think she may be quite an important human character at this point.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

Hm.  Watching the trailer again, I suppose it's true they seem to go out of their way from showing his left arm but...this still seems absence of evidence to me.

19 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I think if Hopkins returns it will be as that host who was being built in that secret room.

I strongly agree, or again hope, this is the case.

Anyway, pretty awesome 90 second teaser.  After just watching Dunkirk, the Nolans are like the Targaryens of visual media.  I want a release date damnit!

51 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I thought Elsie was dead. Wasn't it shown than Bernard strangled her? It's been awhile.

We saw Bernard strangling her, but not actually killing her. Stephen Williams said he likes ambiguity in storytelling in this interview from way back in November: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/westworld-director-lost-comparisons-man-in-black-949612

On 7/23/2017 at 4:56 PM, Ded As Ned said:

So excited!  And Old Bill (MiB) lives lived through the finale!  

Yeah, that was the biggest and best part about the teaser for S2 for me. I was hoping we'd see other "worlds" from the park in the trailer, but hopefully their absence doesn't indicate they won't be showing up at some point in S2.

• 2 months later...

‘Westworld’ Creators Tease Medieval And Roman Worlds In Season 2

On Day 2 of the 2017 Vanity Fair Summit, Westworld creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy hinted at the possibility of the introduction of new theme parks in the next season, specifically Roman World and Medieval World, amusement park zones which were included in Michael Crichton’s original 1973 movie. At the top of the panel discussion, Nolan and Joy were asked why they left out Roman World and Medieval World in season 1 with Nolan responding “We had to save something for Season 2.”

Archived