HBO's Westworld V - These violent delights... [Spoilers]

.H.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Don’t they all have bombs inside of them that will go off if they try to leave the park?

Anyways that was an awesome episode. I have to go back and rewatch season one because this show has soooooo many moving parts.

Maybe that's why the host bodies are all sitting in the sea. They all transferred their consciousnessness to new host bodies made at the base without the bombs, and then dumped their old bodies in the sea as a decoy. 

This theory is brought to you by someone noticing that Bernard in the "beach after" scene is wearing a different shirt than what he was wearing at the time of the massacre. 

10 hours ago, The Unborn said:

Is it me, or when Gustaf Skarsgård appears on screen every other actors look like dwarves next to him ?

I had exact same reaction. I saw his name in the credits and thought it was the guy from Altered Carbon, then I saw Floki and was like damn, he is tall as f@ck!

I guess as a first episode of the season it was ok, they had to pull together a lot of stuff from last year.

Did I miss something (very possible), why did Benards thumb open the door? Didn't she say that it was a DNA reader? I mean I guess Ford could have used something to give him a positive check so no one would catch on that he is a robot?

34 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I had exact same reaction. I saw his name in the credits and thought it was the guy from Altered Carbon, then I saw Floki and was like damn, he is tall as f@ck!

Is he the Delos guy? That's Floki!?!

28 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I guess as a first episode of the season it was ok, they had to pull together a lot of stuff from last year.

Did I miss something (very possible), why did Benards thumb open the door? Didn't she say that it was a DNA reader? I mean I guess Ford could have used something to give him a positive check so no one would catch on that he is a robot?

One imagined that as a 'nominal' employee of Delos the machine would have his DNA on file. I mean, she expected it to accept him as if any employee would have been presumably accepted.

No COLLUSION

NEED WALL

I hope Floki kills Athelstan in this show too.

Good premiere. I just hope they're not being clever with the timeline too much again.

I'm waiting for a good ole gunfight between Dolores and the Man in Black(he'll never be just William to me). Part of me thinks the whole point of Westworld is just Robert fucking with the Man in Black with these games.

What language was the naval officer speaking in the beginning of the episode?

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

Yep forgot to mention him, was he in S1 also?

4 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Yes he was 

Yeah, he was the milk drinking psycho whose loop had his gang attacking Dolores' farm and killing her family. He was also one of the hosts that got executed by the Delos soldiers in the present timeline.

25 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

We're all doomed.

Life is awful always

This is a haiku

Indeed, we are all doomed.  But, it's a little weird to 'tell' that one of your most sympathetic characters is already a goner in the first episode, isn't it?  Or can he forestall his 'death' by injecting more brain juice?  Same goes for the dead hosts.....there will presumably be some twist there on timing or something, elsewise, why are we watching if The End is everyone drowned in the water?  

Just now, Corvinus said:

I have a feeling that in the timeline where the Delos security are investigating what happened at the park, Dolores is already out in the world.

Who was the drowned host that Bernard was staring at? Anyone important?

Poor Teddy Flood.  Ahem.

2 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Are you positive that was Teddy? Did kinda look like him but idk I even paused it on his face and couldn’t tell myself that was 100% him.

Pretty sure it was as there's a lot less impact in that scene if they are hosts we've yet to meet. While Teddy seems a nice guy a lot of that still feels programmed - a lot of his interaction with Delores in this episode felt very much like a real person talking to a fake one. Still it'll be a shame if even a fake nice guy like Teddy dies.

Thanks for pointing out it was Floki! I spent a lot of that episode wondering who he was as I thought he must be someone well known to get what appears to be a really important role. 

Overall the episode wasn't as impressive as the season one opener but it did feel like it was trying to move pieces into place. Not sure if the show really needs the split timeline narrative but I guess they didn't want to bog the show down getting from A to B and instead chose to include C as well.

So is Bernard going to become some sort of host vampire now? And those skinless faceless hosts were pretty creepy too.

And at least 6 worlds. West World, Samurai World, Jungle book (tiger) world?. 3 more - bound to be Medieval and probably Roman world. Last one should be Lost World so we can have some dinosaurs!

Archived