HBO's Westworld V - These violent delights... [Spoilers]

.H.

23 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

That’s what I recall as well.

Tx, my gut instinct tells me that Maeve isn't going to take on the role of managing all the hosts, her quest is much more personal, she wants to find the 'daughter' whose emotional bond caused her to wake up in the first place, she has mostly eschewed the idea of revenge in favor of simply being empowered and able to direct her own life and seems to have possibly more real empathy than Dolores, who is the one whose vision is broad based, and who now not only wants to take over the park, but the world itself.  The show can always switch that up I guess.

10 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Crazy theory time:

https://news.avclub.com/heres-the-extremely-subtle-clue-about-season-two-hidden-1825577716

I could see there being a third guy/host played by Jeffory Wright, but I don't think we're looking at more than two timelines this season yet. 

Ha! If you look at my post up thread I said I suspected they are screwing with our heads again, using timelines. I think there are at least three timelines being shown, and that first interview between Dolores and Bernard is #3. 

17 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ha! If you look at my post up thread I said I suspected they are screwing with our heads again, using timelines. I think there are at least three timelines being shown, and that first interview between Dolores and Bernard is #3. 

Oh you know I forgot about that interview that may well be a flashforward. That would explain why he dreamed of being left behind on a beach by the other hosts. That actually happened but he's not supposed to remember it. 

22 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I think there are at least three timelines being shown, and that first interview between Dolores and Bernard is #3. 

I like taking that opening scene at face value - as in it was an old conversation between Dolores and Arnold.  That sets up the season really well, and uses a device viewers are familiar with from the last season in doing so.  If it's..something else, that raises a whole host of questions (pun not intended).  First and foremost - when and, more importantly, why?  Other than providing the viewer the theme of the season, why would that conversation be important.

20 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

I like taking that opening scene at face value - as in it was an old conversation between Dolores and Arnold.  That sets up the season really well, and uses a device viewers are familiar with from the last season in doing so.  If it's..something else, that raises a whole host of questions (pun not intended).  First and foremost - when and, more importantly, why?  Other than providing the viewer the theme of the season, why would that conversation be important.

What are the odds that Arnold, while he was alive would have a dream of washing up on a beach....and then Bernard the android actually does wash up on the beach just like in Arnold's dream?  As I think about it more, it probably is Dolores and Bernard having a conversation in some other timeline, and may very well be him, Bernard, remembering whatever happened on the beach...not the beach he washed up on, but the beach where the hosts are drowned, after the fact, as a dream.  That sequence is definitely fucking with the audience and the timeline somehow.  IMO  

46 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

What are the odds that Arnold, while he was alive would have a dream of washing up on a beach....and then Bernard the android actually does wash up on the beach just like in Arnold's dream?

Wait, why are we assuming the opening conversation between Dolores and Arnold/Bernard is contiguous with Bernard washing up at the beach?  I view those as two distinct scenes.  Sorry if that was misunderstood.  Alternatively, if you view the two as connected, again, why?

22 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Wait, why are we assuming the opening conversation between Dolores and Arnold/Bernard is contiguous with Bernard washing up at the beach?  I view those as two distinct scenes.  Sorry if that was misunderstood.  Alternatively, if you view the two as connected, again, why?

It's too much of a coincidence that Bernard/Arnold dreamed of washing up on a beach and then Bernard is seen washing up on a beach, and then adding in that hosts are drowned on a beach that Bernard says he killed them.  So it seems most reasonable to mw that the Dolores/Bernard convo is being held some time after Bernard washed up on the beach and it's a memory.  We are supposed to think it's Dolores and Arnold in the past but it isn't.  It's Dolores and Bernard in the future, a future that is after he washed up on the beach and probably also after the drowned hosts are drowned.  I'm not sure this is more clear or less clear, LOL.

6 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I may be remembering wrong, I thought Ford was making small gestures in that meeting with Teresa to control the hosts?  No?  

In that case he could have programmed the reaction in beforehand, since he was probably always planning the demonstration.

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

So it seems most reasonable to mw that the Dolores/Bernard convo is being held some time after Bernard washed up on the beach and it's a memory.  We are supposed to think it's Dolores and Arnold in the past but it isn't. 

Gotcha.  That's perfectly clear.  Hm..

6 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

It's too much of a coincidence that Bernard/Arnold dreamed of washing up on a beach and then Bernard is seen washing up on a beach, and then adding in that hosts are drowned on a beach that Bernard says he killed them.  So it seems most reasonable to mw that the Dolores/Bernard convo is being held some time after Bernard washed up on the beach and it's a memory.  We are supposed to think it's Dolores and Arnold in the past but it isn't.  It's Dolores and Bernard in the future, a future that is after he washed up on the beach and probably also after the drowned hosts are drowned.  I'm not sure this is more clear or less clear, LOL.

So in that scene, is Delores "interviewing" Bernard and not the other way around as we / I, had have assumed? Is she is now in charge and he is newly created and having memories from before?

You know, I was just glazed eyes watching this damn show and now I am having to look deeper at everything! 

14 hours ago, dbunting said:

So in that scene, is Delores "interviewing" Bernard and not the other way around as we / I, had have assumed? Is she is now in charge and he is newly created and having memories from before?

You know, I was just glazed eyes watching this damn show and now I am having to look deeper at everything! 

This series really does make a mess of my positronic circuitry.

Archived