MLB Offseason: Countdown to 2124

Myshkin

Harper won't get less than a penny than what Stanton got however...

If Kris Bryant is up for 40 million a year, say over five years, and he's helped the Cubs get at least one or two more titles, I hope Chicago pays it. 

23 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Chris Sale to the Red Sox. 

Well with the Nats missing out on Sale, hopefully they will now be willing to include Giolito or Robles in a trade for McCutchen. The Pirates need to get a tangible return in a trade after last years' fiascos with Walker and Liriano, though when the owner demands you to eat a nickel and shit out 6 pennies, a GM can only do so much when other GMs know your hand is already tipped.

26 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Well with the Nats missing out on Sale, hopefully they will now be willing to include Giolito or Robles in a trade for McCutchen. The Pirates need to get a tangible return in a trade after last years' fiascos with Walker and Liriano, though when the owner demands you to eat a nickel and shit out 6 pennies, a GM can only do so much when other GMs know your hand is already tipped.

The Red Sox got him cheap too, they probably tried to rob the Nats and the Yankees. 

49 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Chris Sale to the Red Sox. 

Fuck. A stud 27 y/o lefty ace for relatively cheap. They gave up a lot but with all their young talent already this team is fucking scary. 

How about that weird Matt Holliday signing? 

Yoan Moncada is an amazing prospect - I wouldn't consider that to be a cheap price.

Hitting Stats                                          
  year team lg level org age g ab r h 2b 3b hr rbi tb bb so sb cs avg obp slg ops

2016 Salem Car A+ Bos 21 60 224 55 68 24 3 3 33 107 45 59 36 8 0.304 0.426 0.478 0.904
  2016 Portland EL AA Bos 21 45 177 37 49 6 3 11 28 94 27 64 9 4 0.277 0.379 0.531 0.91

Pretty solid for a 21 year old who was regarded as the #1 prospect at the trade deadline by BA.

Kinda amazed that the Sawks got Sale. When I went to bed last night everybody was reporting that the Nats and ChiSox were "finalizing" a deal to send him to Washington. Chicago got themselves some real nice prospects in return, but I figured in this market, and with Sale's very friendly contract, they'd get more for him. 

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Fuck. A stud 27 y/o lefty ace for relatively cheap. They gave up a lot but with all their young talent already this team is fucking scary. 

How about that weird Matt Holliday signing? 

I don't think it was that weird. They have a history of signing veterans for one or two tears. I remember them doing that with Tim Raines and Chilli Davis. 

Phillies "Pistachio Girl" fired for being a White Nationalist.

http://deadspin.com/phillies-pistachio-girl-fired-for-being-a-white-natio-1789696359?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

The San Diego Chicken and two of the participants in the Brewers Sausage Race are wanted for questioning regarding possibly Communist ties.

3 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I was referring to what Sox are actually paying Sale per year. Moncada is a stud, no doubt.

Gotcha, that makes perfect sense.

5 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Cubs send Jorge Soler to the Royals for Wade Davis. Guess they won't be bringing Chapman back.

I don't think that was ever the plan. I do believe they want Edward's Jr. to grow into the role.  With one year of Davis, that should allow him to season up.  If Davis is spectacular, he'll still command less than Chapman most likely, should they decide they want to resign him.

Archived