MLB Offseason: Countdown to 2124

Myshkin

27 minutes ago, Triskan said:

I blame the traitorous Machado!

He is going to get deported! Bigly! #AmericaFirst

What a great game it was though! I love the atmosphere from the Dominican fans there! I just wish the level level of enthusiasm existed here. I love seeing their passion for the game!

Ryu will make the baseball gods pay for the way they treated his children in the WBC.

Speaking of, shit's getting real in Pool E:

Israel stuns again by beating Cuba, 4-1

Japan edges the Netherlands in 11 innings, 8-6

And back in first round play:

Puerto Rico disposes of Mexico, 9-4 

Looks like there's more parity this year than in tournaments past.

Apparently Japan's win over the Dutch was kinda bullshit. WBC is employing the stupidest baseball rule of all time: if a game goes past 10 innings each team will start with runners on 1st and 2nd in every additional inning. 

Anyway, more scores:

Puerto Rico 9, Italy 3

D.R. 10, Columbia 3 in 11 innings 

D.R. also benefited from the stupid extra innings rule.

11 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Man, but that play at the plate to get the Domincans into extras... 

Yeah, I saw that. The Colombians were pissed, but from what I could see they had no right to be. Dude was DOA, no doubt about it.

2 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Yeah, I saw that. The Colombians were pissed, but from what I could see they had no right to be. Dude was DOA, no doubt about it.

The ump was perfectly positioned for the call, Castillo played the ball as it came in, he applied a good tag.  Textbook all around.

U.S. puts away Canada, 8-0. They'll be advancing out of Pool C, along with top seed D.R. Canada and Columbia will be going home. Puerto Rico has secured the top seed spot out of Pool D, with the final spot out of that pool still TBD.

17 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Fitting that it's a pair of filthy Giants who put an end to our rally. At least we hung 3 on the board before those pricks ruined everything.

No mention of Crawford hitting like .455 for the tourney or Buster's home run, eh? I see you have not amended your rat-fucking ways, Gobbo. For shame. For shame.

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

No mention of Crawford hitting like .455 for the tourney or Buster's home run, eh? I see you have not amended your rat-fucking ways, Gobbo. For shame. For shame.

This is fake news.

Okay, so the WBC tie breaker rule is causing some drama. The tie breaker is determined by least runs allowed per defensive inning, which just seems like a weird way to go about it. Mexico has complained because Italy walked off on them in their matchup, so the five runs Italy scored counts against the total, but the inning doesn't. If that inning did count Mexico would have a lower ratio of runs allowed per defensive inning played than Venezuela. As it stands though, Mexico's the odd man out, and Italy and Venezuela will play a tie breaker game. 

Yeah, I saw Adrian Gonzalez was pretty sour about it and I have to agree with him. It makes no sense that that inning wouldn't count just because they never got an out. Hopefully the outrage and ridiculousness of it will cause things to change. Just got by run differential, or something simple, then complicate things more down the line of tie breakers. 

Archived