Hugo time! Your packet is available! 2018

Lily Valley

16 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Ha, one of the best novel noms is an openly Trans PoC.  I can hear Teddy's heart about to give out.

Doncha just love it? Four women, including his arch nemesis Jemisin, and two furriner men -- one of them trans?

It is enough to cackle over.

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

So how does this best series award work? I is confused.

It's a confusing category.

Here's the official rules:

For eligibility, a series is defined as “a multi-volume science fiction or fantasy story, unified by elements such as plot, characters, setting, and presentation, which has appeared in at least three volumes consisting of a total of at least 240,000 words by the close of the calendar year 2016, at least one volume of which was published in 2016.”

That's kind of random, but ok. They do that every year?

22 minutes ago, Contrarius+ said:

Doncha just love it? Four women, including his arch nemesis Jemisin, and two furriner men -- one of them trans?

It is enough to cackle over.

Oh, I do, but some people on here I guess do not. Let's just say you missed some stuff last night. >.>

23 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

That's kind of random, but ok. They do that every year?

No. Each Worldcon can run what is in effect a 'special' category that they define. FinnCon decided to do this one.

20 hours ago, Contrarius+ said:

It's a confusing category.

Here's the official rules:

For eligibility, a series is defined as “a multi-volume science fiction or fantasy story, unified by elements such as plot, characters, setting, and presentation, which has appeared in at least three volumes consisting of a total of at least 240,000 words by the close of the calendar year 2016, at least one volume of which was published in 2016.”

I am sooooooooooo mad Cixin Liu didn't make the list for this one.  I may sulk out voting in this category. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2017 at 10:38 AM, SpaceChampion said:

File770 compiled links to all Hugo nominee stories that are available online for free; and for those that are not, links to those on Amazon.

I WANT MY PACKET!   In the meantime, thanks for this.

4 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well, I can now say I Would be completely happy with 4 of the 6 best novels winning, and upset and is gruntled by the other 2. SO I assume one of those 2 will win.

You is gruntled? LOL. Yes, "gruntle" is actually a word! Look it up! :D

I know how you feel, though. I is not exactly gruntled, but I do say "ptooey" to one of the novel nominees, and "meh" to a second.

6 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Isn't auto spell check wonderful? And let's be honest, if Ada Palmer doesn't win we're going to have to riot in the streets. :P

For the record the Liu and Anders ones are the ones i uh, did not like.

I'm getting the Molotov cocktails ready! :ph34r:

I haven't read the Liu yet. With ya on the Anders. It's quite popular, though, sigh.

8 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Isn't auto spell check wonderful? And let's be honest, if Ada Palmer doesn't win we're going to have to riot in the streets. :P

I will put TLTL first, but I think its chances are slim, because  not being published in UK; and many people being pissed because it is "only half a book".

Archived