Ranking Tarantino

Theda Baratheon

Ha, it was fun going back and reading the debates we had a year and a half ago. Since then The Hateful Eight has grown a lot on me. Originally I didn't care too much for it, but after a second and third viewing I absolutely love it. Problem is I can't raise it any higher than I already ranked it because QT has made so many damn good movies.

• 1 month later...

Not the Justified reunion I was expecting but I'll take it. They really need to find a role for Goggins though! Unless he's busy. (The fact that he went from starring in the potential L.A. Confidential series to something that sounds like Trump propaganda really sucks.) 

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Anyone watched the “extended version” of The Hateful Eight on Netflix? Is there any actual new footage? Cause some reviews online are saying no, some are saying yes. :unsure:

I watched it on Netflix a couple weeks ago, and apparently this happened in late April according to the links, so I guess I saw it?  I'm really not sure, if it said "extended version" I didn't see it before clicking  on it.  Anyway, I didn't notice any differences if I did watch the "extended" version.

ETA:  Nevermind - shoulda actually read those links.  If it's split up into four episodes I definitely didn't watch that.

Kind of hard to tell with that movie given its length and the amount of random stuff that's going on. I just want to know if and when we'll ever see The Whole Bloody Affair. I've read there are some noticeable differences, chiefly they got rid of the awkward intro in Vol. 2. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK so I have a question. I've seen a lot of Death Proof in the last slot of peoples lists. And that is of course the correct answer for that slot.

But I'm curious how much everyone hates Death Proof? Cause I remember enjoying it. The premise is really dumb,  but I enjoy the dialogue between the victims and would be victims. More importantly it feels like the kinda shitty cable movie you'd watch with your siblings after your parents went to sleep (which I guess is my generations version of a "grindhouse" kinda) 

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

OK so I have a question. I've seen a lot of Death Proof in the last slot of peoples lists. And that is of course the correct answer for that slot.

But I'm curious how much everyone hates Death Proof? Cause I remember enjoying it. The premise is really dumb,  but I enjoy the dialogue between the victims and would be victims. More importantly it feels like the kinda shitty cable movie you'd watch with your siblings after your parents went to sleep (which I guess is my generations version of a "grindhouse" kinda) 

I don’t hate it at all, but something has to come in last. 

Here's a rough list representing how I feel as I eat my Long John Silvers.  I have not seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood yet.

1.  Kill Bill

2.  Pulp Fiction

3.  Reservoir Dogs

4.  Jackie Brown

5. Inglourious Basterds

6. Hateful Eight

7. Django Unchained

8. Death Proof

Never seen Death Proof, but Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is at the bottom of my rankings. It's a testament to Tarantino's filmmaking abilities that despite the complete lack of plot I rather enjoyed it nonetheless.

Haven’t seen his latest and not sure when I’ll get the chance. My love for Tarantino comes in waves. I was obsessed during his Pulp Fiction era, lost interest with Jackie Brown and outright hated him after Kill Bill 2 took him to his most narcissistic point.

Basterds and Django rekindled my love as he seemed to find a more fun side. Neither of which are perfect movies but far more enjoyable than what he’d been doing for a while. Hateful 8 reminded me that he can become completely self indulgent and I found that to be his most boring entry.

Pulp Fiction

Reservoir Dogs

Django Unchained

Inglorious Basterds

Kill Bill part 1

Jackie Brown

Hateful 8

Kill Bill part 2

Death Proof

Archived