The Wild Cards Thread

Werthead

13 minutes ago, Maltarinho said:

Is Knaves Over Queens intended as the start of a triad, or is it a standalone? There are a few characters there I want to see more of

There will be another book with some of the same characters. It won't be a triad, I don't think.

Good to know. I definitely want to see more of both

Stonemaiden and the Green Man. Also, more of Badb’s story  - although I’m not sure want is the right word when talking about a story where the Troubles are still ongoing in 2017.

• 2 months later...

The Tor re-issue of Wild Cards VIII: One-Eyed Jacks has recently been released. Unlike volumes I-VII, this one has not been released in audio book format on Audible yet. Does anybody happen to know if an audio format release is planned, and when we might expect it? Thanks in advance!

I'm reading volume 1 for the first time. It does feel very much like a comic crossover event with different writers handling different characters with a shared arc. As such some parts work better than others for me and there's a constant sense I'm missing parts thanks to the way it jumps around. It's a curious concept/experiment but I'm not sure I'm fully on board yet. Still have a third of the book left to hook me though.

Archived