Doctor who Series 10; He has been away for a while but he is back! Contains spoilers.

Jon's Queen Consort

56 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Ah, you are one of those...

Not sure where you feel PC culture was forced upon you? Rosa? Racism is bad. I honestly did not consider that to be controversial. Demons of Punjab (easily the best episode of the season for me)? The British Empire has left a mess behind in India, and also racism is bad. Also nothing particularly controversial.

The Doctor himself, or rather herself now, has always been PC creature. He/she does not carry a gun, never has.

I love how you view me as "one of those", for being a person who wants fun sci-fi to just be fun sci-fi and not have an agenda behind it. That Rosa Parks episode was pretty much "white guilt" the episode, much like how the Indian episode was "British guilt" the episode. The fact that you can't see this makes me wonder if you've been brainwashed by the current PC world.

I mean these PC episodes were why I hated a few of the episodes of DS9 during it's final season, when out of nowhere Sisko was suddenly talking about racism, when it happened almost 500 years in the past from his POV and it was never once brought up by him in the 6 prior seasons.

Also David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston did carry guns at one point. They just didn't like to use them.

edit: I forgot Matt Smith used a gun as well.

8 minutes ago, sifth said:

I love how you view me as "one of those"

Are you not?

8 minutes ago, sifth said:

The fact that you can't see this makes me wonder if you've been brainwashed by the current PC world. 

Ah, you answered it already. Nevermind.

9 minutes ago, sifth said:

Also David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston did carry guns at one point. They just didn't like to use them.

Eccleston's Doctor made the point, that he caused an accident at that arms factory, and it's growing bananas now, instead of guns. As for the Tennant gun moment (pretty much like Eccleston's) not his own gun, so he did not bring it into the situation, and it was used as a dramatic device in The End of Time to make a point of how desperate the situation felt to the Doctor. Oh, and he refused to shoot either Rassilon or the Master.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Now you lost me. I'm just saying Doctor Who is just viewed as a silly kids show in the UK, which is what my 3 friends over there tell me all the time. You seem to be defending it as if it's some type of hardcore sci-fi drama.

Again just assumptions, because your replies to me have been very vague at best.

This is a poor excuse for making stuff up. It's not that my reply was 'vague': it's that it did not at any point say that the series was a serious drama. There are other categories than 'comedy' and 'serious drama'.

Archived