Dating: to play the part of the one who doesn't wait

Datepalm

5 minutes ago, solokin said:

i don't understand the purpose of this thread. if one is looking for companionship one should put in for time before the regional committee on emotional and sexual liaisons. if one is of the younger generation, one may also appeal to the student committee on appropriate romantic involvement.

It'sa functional venue for discussing meeting everything from quality forever-partners to healthy one night stands and everything in between while the committee conducts a formal review.

On 1/17/2017 at 7:24 AM, larrytheimp said:

Tinder pet peeve:. People whose profile consists of entirely "anything you want to know just ask"

That's not how this works.  A conversation can be challenging enough to begin when it's based on something more substantial than 2 poorly lit pictures of you smiling, and two selfies of you making a duckface and throwing up deuces.

Larry, you can do better than duckface deuces.

On 1/25/2017 at 8:07 PM, Myshkin said:

i don't understand the purpose of this thread. if one is looking for companionship one should put in for time before the regional committee on emotional and sexual liaisons. if one is of the younger generation, one may also appeal to the student committee on appropriate romantic involvement.

Bwahahahahahaha!

My girl is on her way here.  I did some "housework" last night.  Er, there was vodka involved.  My bathroom LOOKS clean, but it smells like the dog.  I am trying figure out if I scrubbed the toilet with the dog or WHAT.  OMG.  This is a disaster.  Gotta run.

• 4 weeks later...

Ergh. Either fifteen years old or an actual sociopath?

I finally moved my OKC location back to the right country, and promptly got another message from the guy who sends me some pretentiouos painting (his own, I think) or convoluted literary reference every now and then. It's been almost a year, how does he even still remember? I've also never answered any of them.

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

LMAO - wow how sexy! :lol: honestly what goes through some of these people minds 

Probably some kind of delusional wanna-be PUA thinking that this displays the kind of alpha-maleness that makes women weak in the knees and wet between their legs... 

:ack:

• 3 weeks later...

before her, i had never experienced an irreplaceable and exquisite intimacy. As in the x-files, i wanted to believe.  to say that i will love her always is frivolously understated, for she became my irreducible horizon--and even though i have now stepped into the space beyond it, i still cannot see what lies therein.  that this affection was not unrequited, and remains mutual even now, only renders the abjection total.

delillo wrote in his first novel that it's easier to bury reality than to dispose of dreams.  but what happens if one's dream and the real, in the language of agamben, coincide without remainder? when one wakes into one's dream every morning, what happens when the real transforms but the dream as yet remains? does one accommodate to the real despite the persistence of the dream, or does one rather suppress the real in order to consign the dream to perdition? 

i don't know the answer, except that i can no longer bear the real; it is quite simply no longer to be borne. because this place is saturated with the memory of her as she walked out of my dream, i can accordingly no longer abide this place. 

thank you all very kindly for your forbearance all these years.  you have been constant, a home, for a long time.  i wish you the best of luck, and hope you all get what you desire.

7 minutes ago, sologdin said:

before her, i had never experienced an irreplaceable and exquisite intimacy. As in the x-files, i wanted to believe.  to say that i will love her always is frivolously understated, for she became my irreducible horizon--and even though i have now stepped into the space beyond it, i still cannot see what lies therein.  that this affection was not unrequited, and remains mutual even now, only renders the abjection total.

delillo wrote in his first novel that it's easier to bury reality than to dispose of dreams.  but what happens if one's dream and the real, in the language of agamben, coincide without remainder? when one wakes into one's dream every morning, what happens when the real transforms but the dream as yet remains? does one accommodate to the real despite the persistence of the dream, or does one rather suppress the real in order to consign the dream to perdition? 

i don't know the answer, except that i can no longer bear the real; it is quite simply no longer to be borne. because this place is saturated with the memory of her as she walked out of my dream, i can accordingly no longer abide this place. 

thank you all very kindly for your forbearance all these years.  you have been constant, a home, for a long time.  i wish you the best of luck, and hope you all get what you desire.

Hang in there, man.  Good to see that hammer and sickle spinning 'round these parts again.

13 hours ago, sologdin said:

OMG.  No.   I can't believe this.  Hang in there my friend.

21 hours ago, sologdin said:

The pain will go, even as the scars still remain. Memories, they stay and can be a solace. Just remember that you are not alone and that there are many here to reach out to when the need arises. Stay strong.  Stay funny too, dammit. We need that also.

solo,

what did you get?  five years?  ten years? more? most people will never know what you had.  cherish it.

live as though you have nothing to lose.  bat for the fences.

there is a long and storied tradition of carrying a flame unto death, you can choose that if you want.  or you can set your sails for a new life that would not otherwise be possible.

as much as the loss is overwhelming, the choice is also overwhelming.  no one can know the right choice (least of all you.) 

Just don't pine away, hoping to get it back or find the same thing again.  That's just cray-cray.  Build the Taj Mahal, build a sailboat, or rattle around like Miss Havisham.  There are many variations but those are the basic choices.  You can choose more than one.

Best of luck.

On 3/14/2017 at 9:19 PM, sologdin said:

Sologdin,

I almost never look in this thread.  I'm so sorry to see this.  May your memories bring you solace and joy.  May your pain fade and bitterness pass as time and memory work to heal the sorrow you feel.  Stay well my friend.  

Archived