TTTNE v.467 - Lets do the Spamsmoot again! [Spamsmoot 2017]

HexMachina

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I have just seen Rogue One too. I was not sure I wanted to see it in the cinema at all, but a friend invited me, so ...

It was nice.

There was no such thing where I went to. Instead, there were trailers for some movies that looked shitty and for GOTG.

Also, I bought myself not one, but two pairs of skinny jeans today. Lets see how that works. I did not trample all my principles by that, right? Please tell me I didn't? I mean, sure the supernatural entity said I would look better in non-bell-shaped ones, but really I am just trying out new things, right, right? I really needed new trousers, the last fully decent pair popped open below my bum on the day I travelled here.

Why didn't you want to see it in the cinema? 

yeah of course you are just trying out new things and not giving up your principles for your boyfriend, nobody does that, come on! :lol: enjoy your skinny jeans and don't think too much about these things. 

23 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Skinny jeans are my everything Buck. Embrace them as snugly as they embrace your figure!

I needed two sizes bigger than I was told by the nice ladies in the shops that I would need. My thighs seem too much for skinny jeans to handle.

Also I feel like my tummy looks weird with them.

1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

Why didn't you want to see it in the cinema? 

yeah of course you are just trying out new things and not giving up your principles for your boyfriend, nobody does that, come on! :lol: enjoy your skinny jeans and don't think too much about these things. 

I was not that very much interested, I thought I would go if somebody invited me to come along (which is what happened), but I would not have gone by myself.

:blushing:

3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I needed two sizes bigger than I was told by the nice ladies in the shops that I would need. My thighs seem too much for skinny jeans to handle.

Also I feel like my tummy looks weird with them.

I was not that very much interested, I thought I would go if somebody invited me to come along (which is what happened), but I would not have gone by myself.

:blushing:

Skinny jeans are stupid. H&M sells skinny jeans that are allegedly "skinny ankle". I can pull them over my Chelsea boots. I'm not sure what "non-skinny ankle" must mean... I can pull them on a baby elephant? I'm petite. I wear size extra small and if they promise me skinny ankle fit, I don't want to be able to pull my extra small skinny ankle skinny jeans over my boots. 

I see. No. I don't. How isn't someone interested in Rogue One? :o 

1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

Skinny jeans are stupid. H&M sells skinny jeans that are allegedly "skinny ankle". I can pull them over my Chelsea boots. I'm not sure what "non-skinny ankle" must mean... I can pull them on a baby elephant? I'm petite. I wear size extra small and if they promise me skinny ankle fit, I don't want to be able to pull my extra small skinny ankle skinny jeans over my boots. 

I see. No. I don't. How isn't someone interested in Rogue One? :o 

Then why do we wear them? :P

I bought one pair in New Yorker and one pair in Tom Tailor, and none of them say "skinny ankle". I am pretty sure I could not pull any of those over my boots, but I admit I did not try.

I was confused with the sizes, first because apparently those shops decided to use different sizing now - I usually wear a 38 (medium) jeans, but suddenly I was told that this is called a 29 now - and secondly because the 29 did not fit and I bought one 30 and one 31. With my usual wide jeans, the width is not such a big deal, but the skinny ones are apparently harder to be made fit. Sometimes I find jeans that are a bit too wide at my waist (so I wear a belt, no problem) but still tight around the thighs. Which is weird because my waist is not that slim either. :dunno:

I ... don't know? :blushing: Just don't tell Abbie. :pirate: Or our king, I do not want to celebrate New Year's eve in dungeon. :P 

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Then why do we wear them? :P

I bought one pair in New Yorker and one pair in Tom Tailor, and none of them say "skinny ankle". I am pretty sure I could not pull any of those over my boots, but I admit I did not try.

I was confused with the sizes, first because apparently those shops decided to use different sizing now - I usually wear a 38 (medium) jeans, but suddenly I was told that this is called a 29 now - and secondly because the 29 did not fit and I bought one 30 and one 31. With my usual wide jeans, the width is not such a big deal, but the skinny ones are apparently harder to be made fit. Sometimes I find jeans that are a bit too wide at my waist (so I wear a belt, no problem) but still tight around the thighs. Which is weird because my waist is not that slim either. :dunno:

I ... don't know? :blushing: Just don't tell Abbie. :pirate: Or our king, I do not want to celebrate New Year's eve in dungeon. :P 

Because they look good.

I never bought jeans in either of those shops, but almost all high street skinny jeans have a ridiculous fit. I have the same problem. They are way too wide in the waist while I can barely get them over my hips. They are loose on my calves while they barely fit my thighs - and I have skinny legs. They just can't get it right. 

And yes, the sizes are confusing especially when they combine it with the length of the jeans. I never know how that works. 

9 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Because they look good.

They better do, otherwise I made a big mistake.

9 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I never bought jeans in either of those shops, but almost all high street skinny jeans have a ridiculous fit. I have the same problem. They are way too wide in the waist while I can barely get them over my hips. They are loose on my calves while they barely fit my thighs - and I have skinny legs. They just can't get it right. 

And yes, the sizes are confusing especially when they combine it with the length of the jeans. I never know how that works. 

I am glad at least I am not the only one to have problems with that.

8 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Too late, should've used spoiler tags. We have a cell with a window available so you can still watch the fireworks.

The supernatural entity will save me out of your dungeon. :smug:

I am packing right now because I am going back to New Buckkeep in the afternoon.

1 hour ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

IT'S SNOWING!

IT'S SNOWING!

IT'S SNOWING!

It's snowing in Greece. I guess I won't even bother pointing out how much farther north I am... thank you, weather.

@Buckwheat if he can access the cyber dungeons of this thread we have a serious security leak which our good boyking (who is already 18 and hence not even a boy anymore, right?) must immediately fix. 

4 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I'm even further north than that, Rhae, and there hasn't been one damn flake. Stupid global warming.

Your faith in your friends is your weakness.

Don't be stealing my sayings! Although to be fair, he does have a point.....

10 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

It's snowing in Greece. I guess I won't even bother pointing out how much farther north I am... thank you, weather.

@Buckwheat if he can access the cyber dungeons of this thread we have a serious security leak which our good boyking (who is already 18 and hence not even a boy anymore, right?) must immediately fix. 

I am probably a bit further north than you right now too. No snow here. I saw it from the train though, there is snow up in the mountains. That part of the journey to Vienna is the most beautiful one, only today I was on the evening train and it was so dark I could not see much. Anyway, there is snow on Semmering.

:ninja: Our boy king will always be boy king.

20 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Don't be stealing my sayings! Although to be fair, he does have a point.....

I'm not stealing anything, I'm quoting your wisdom :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:ninja: Our boy king will always be boy king.

I'm glad we agree that my reign will continue indefinitely.

1 minute ago, First of My Name said:

I'm not stealing anything, I'm quoting your wisdom :rolleyes:

I'm glad we agree that my reign will continue indefinitely.

:rolleyes: Of course, boy king. Because this thread will probably never reach 1000, right?

Why is everything closed? And why isn't there decent champagne in the one grocery shop that's open? And why are they selling Halloween witch hats instead of plastic champagne glasses? 

I guess I will have to turn 25 before I have champagne from an actual champagne glass on New Year's Eve anyway. 

And yes I know a plastic champagne glass  is trashy but still less trashy than drinking champagne from a coffee mug. Oh well. 

Archived