TTTNE v.467 - Lets do the Spamsmoot again! [Spamsmoot 2017]

HexMachina

I've reconsidered Glastonbury, I'm going to go to Cochella instead, what an amazing line up-except Beyonce and Kendrick Lamar being headliners but they're easily avoided, I can tie it in with visiting family too :D.

20 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I've reconsidered Glastonbury, I'm going to go to Cochella instead, what an amazing line up-except Beyonce and Kendrick Lamar being headliners but they're easily avoided, I can tie it in with visiting family too :D.

Both sound good, though I would probably have chosen Glastonbury myself. But then travelling to Glastonbury would be the much more viable option of the two for me ;) 

Still, I do like the Glastonbury line up. Only Sunday isn't really doing anything for me

Bucky,   your lucky we don't have a pictionary game about to start, or my sentence would be something like

Might not be safe for work, and Rocksniffer would love to draw it.

Disappointing in her Christmas vibrating stimulating panty pressie, the Flower  not wanting to offend her boyfriend resolves to secretly keep her old rabbit  

I just want to add,  I would not actually use that as a sentence as I know how you would feel about any such drawings.   but I would be so so tempted.

So the moral is never provoke people's imagination by trying to keep something private for no reason? Note taken. Now let's change the topic. 

Are you Viking fans all watching the new season? I haven't even started catching up yet :( I want to finish the good wife first. so far I have kept myself relatively spoiler free about the details.

2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

So the moral is never provoke people's imagination by trying to keep something private for no reason? Note taken. Now let's change the topic. 

Are you Viking fans all watching the new season? I haven't even started catching up yet :( I want to finish the good wife first. so far I have kept myself relatively spoiler free about the details.

I abandoned Vikings. Might come back when the season is over but for now I'm done. Though I got spoiled on some details and know I quit just before a fairly major episode

5 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I abandoned Vikings. Might come back when the season is over but for now I'm done. Though I got spoiled on some details and know I quit just before a fairly major episode

Oh... did you quit because it sucked? :/ 

14 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

How do you manage to be almost spoiler free? I don't even follow the series but I have American facebook friends who ask me about different events and want to know how certain things was "for real." the background etc. 

16 minutes ago, Call me Odie said:

How do you manage to be almost spoiler free? I don't even follow the series but I have American facebook friends who ask me about different events and want to know how certain things was "for real." the background etc. 

I quickly scroll down when I see a Vikings update. I don't have Facebook friends who watch it (at least nobody posts about it), so I only have to avoid the episode rundowns the Vikings page posts. And obviously this concerns details, history had "spoiled" the major plot points. 

11 hours ago, Pebbles said:

Bucky,   your lucky we don't have a pictionary game about to start, or my sentence would be something like

Might not be safe for work, and Rocksniffer would love to draw it.

Reveal hidden contents

Disappointing in her Christmas vibrating stimulating panty pressie, the Flower  not wanting to offend her boyfriend resolves to secretly keep her old rabbit  

:stillsick:

11 hours ago, Pebbles said:

I just want to add,  I would not actually use that as a sentence as I know how you would feel about any such drawings.   but I would be so so tempted.

How considerate of you. That is why we made you our queen for the second time. ;)

Okay, the mysterious object is a smartphone and I cannot even switch it on and cannot open the slot to insert the SIM card. Yes, although I have seen him do it already. I am ... technologically underdeveloped.

34 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I am not ... I probably will eventually. I am not following any Viking-related fb pages or whatever, and nobody posts about it, so I am quite unspoiled about this season.

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

:stillsick:

How considerate of you. That is why we made you our queen for the second time. ;)

Okay, the mysterious object is a smartphone and I cannot even switch it on and cannot open the slot to insert the SIM card. Yes, although I have seen him do it already. I am ... technologically underdeveloped.

I am not ... I probably will eventually. I am not following any Viking-related fb pages or whatever, and nobody posts about it, so I am quite unspoiled about this season.

THAT is why you needed a new phone. You are a 25 y/o person in middle-Western Europe in 2017, you can't exist without being able to handle a smart phone. No pressure, just saying. (But do use that phone. (But no pressure really. (Okay, I'll stop.))) 

I follow some Vikings related content, but it's not too obvious about anything because the purpose of the posts is advertising so it's usually just teaser to make you watch it. 

14 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I quickly scroll down when I see a Vikings update. I don't have Facebook friends who watch it (at least nobody posts about it), so I only have to avoid the episode rundowns the Vikings page posts. And obviously this concerns details, history had "spoiled" the major plot points. 

Some of my friends posts so much about Vikings it makes me feel like I'm the only personin the world not watching it. I watched a few episodes of the first season but my head bad began to hurt from all that was wrong. The downside of being an archaeologist/interested in history (it's my history after all, I live 15km away from Björn Ironsides burial mound.)

3 minutes ago, Call me Odie said:

Some of my friends posts so much about Vikings it makes me feel like I'm the only personin the world not watching it. I watched a few episodes of the first season but my head bad began to hurt from all that was wrong. The downside of being an archaeologist/interested in history (it's my history after all, I live 15km away from Björn Ironsides burial mound.)

Yeah, historical series must be kinda frustrating when you have an in depth knowledge of the actual history. I love history, but I'm mostly just an enthusiast and don't have the kind of knowledge that would make these shows unenjoyable. But yeah the portrayal of the figures of my history does make me laugh too. 

58 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh... did you quit because it sucked? :/ 

Yes. Apparently the episode after I quit was better but I'll wait until the end of the season to decide whether to watch them. The first few episodes I watched were season 4a level bad. Remember Yidu? Remember Torvi? Well, so does Hirst 

7 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, historical series must be kinda frustrating when you have an in depth knowledge of the actual history. I love history, but I'm mostly just an enthusiast and don't have the kind of knowledge that would make these shows unenjoyable. But yeah the portrayal of the figures of my history does make me laugh too. 

Yes, some things definitely makes me laugh, like how they portray the Kattegat and (Old) Uppsala :) 

4 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yes. Apparently the episode after I quit was better but I'll wait until the end of the season to decide whether to watch them. The first few episodes I watched were season 4a level bad. Remember Yidu? Remember Torvi? Well, so does Hirst 

Yidu? Didn't she die? I thought we got rid of her! And yeah, I know they gave Torvi a bigger role, Georgia Hirst instagrams a lot.  Hirst is desperately trying to keep this going even though he should be wrapping it up at this point. I'll brace myself for the worst when I start watching. 

1 minute ago, Call me Odie said:

Yes, some things definitely makes me laugh, like how they portray the Kattegat and (Old) Uppsala :) 

Kattegat long hall looks like a barn. I always wondered if that was historically accurate, because it's rather underwhelming on the screen.

30 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

THAT is why you needed a new phone. You are a 25 y/o person in middle-Western Europe in 2017, you can't exist without being able to handle a smart phone. No pressure, just saying. (But do use that phone. (But no pressure really. (Okay, I'll stop.)))

You are right, this is the exact reason I need to keep it.  Thanks for that post, RB. ;)

I should probably read the instruction manual now.

22 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Kattegat long hall looks like a barn. I always wondered if that was historically accurate, because it's rather underwhelming on the screen.

I would say that it is something in between the hall in Rohan, Meduseld, and that. 

On Wednesday, January 04, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Buckwheat said:

You are not everyone, abbie. :rolleyes:

*slow clap*

Are you back in London, H?

Nope, I got to do a couple of weeks in a law firm back home so I'm home for quite a while. I have done three days so far.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Yidu? Didn't she die? I thought we got rid of her! And yeah, I know they gave Torvi a bigger role, Georgia Hirst instagrams a lot.  Hirst is desperately trying to keep this going even though he should be wrapping it up at this point. I'll brace myself for the worst when I start watching. 

I was referring to the quality of the character rather than Yidu herself. Long story short Hirst sucks at creating characters.

Archived