TTTNE v.467 - Lets do the Spamsmoot again! [Spamsmoot 2017]

HexMachina

Pros of a laptop/desktop:

• Typing on a real keyboard is way more convenient than on a touchscreen.
  • Bigger screen to read on, duh.
  • Multiple tabs open.

Pros of mobile phone:

• Mobile

That's it, I would say. I generally try to use the phone also when I have access to WiFi, so generally at home/in the office - I think it would be silly of me to keep browsing while on the train and just spending the data volume that way when it is not urgently necessary, so I try to avoid it.

My old phone has a touchscreen, but not with a qwertz keyboard, but with the one where you have to click multiple times to get a letter (2 = a, b, c) - so I am still used to typing like that. The new one has tiny buttons and a qwerty, which confuses me, as I am used to qwertz on the laptopl. As if I were not yet enough confused by the difference between my laptop's keyboard and the Austrian one at work ... :P ?

8 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

That's not what I mean by multi tasking, I mean browsing anything while on public transport / in a waiting room / in a taxi / doing housework.

I have a book for those situations. Well, not housework - wouldn't holding a book or a phone be impractical?

Also, while browsing on a laptop, facebook does not force you to install Messenger if you want to see messages sent on facebook. Grrrr, does not that kind of ruin the purpose of, well, the messaging function on facebook? :bang:

Guys! Seriously? Mobile > laptop 

Quicker, portable, acccess anywhere, you can perfectly have as many pages opened as you want, smart phone screens are really not that small, the keyboard is perfect once you get used to it, I can type pretty fast on phone keyboard and I always miss autocorrect on a laptop keyboard. Messenger is the best thing in the word, it actually lets you use the only(/most) useful  function of Facebook without having to get through all the crap on facebook. At least I use for messaging 95% of the time and it's just so much easier and practical to have it separately. :dunno: it's so much better. 

#book my regular commute is 3 minutes on one tram and another 4 on another tram. Or 3 on the subway. I'm not sure I could read even two pages in that time. Also, when I don't have a seat (which is most of the time) a book is not very practical, a mobile fits in one hand perfectly. A book is also heavy and I don't always carry a bag big enough to comfortably hold one. I also prefer to read in a tranquil environment when I have time to read more than 2-5 pages. As for housework, a three minute break is just perfect for answering a text, I won't stop to read two pages to catch breath and get on with cleaning a window. :dunno: 

maybe it's just me. 

Autocorrect sucks. I switched it off as soon as I found that option (which was not that difficult). Maybe it gets useful if you only ever use the same words and it lets you choose words quicker so you do not need to type the whole, but I switch between three languages depending on who I am talking to. And the words the autocorrect finishes are just never ever correct, I just have to go back and correct it like two more times before it accepts my spelling. So no, I cannot give you autocorrect. :P

I give you messenger though, it might be more useful than going into the Internet app and loading facebook, but I was pissed because this is the only option to use it - it pretty much forced me to install it because it would not allow me to see the messages otherwise. And I do not like being forced to download any apps I do not decide I want to have. I am still not used to it and I constantly swipe down accidentally/push the middle round button which opens the camera because the dumb phone/app apparently thinks I want to send photos all the time. I was looking for an option to disable that function, but I am not sure it can be done. I am pretty sure I am never going to use that.

Cannot find the option to have more than one tab open on mobile.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, while browsing on a laptop, facebook does not force you to install Messenger if you want to see messages sent on facebook. Grrrr, does not that kind of ruin the purpose of, well, the messaging function on facebook? :bang:

Facebook is cancerous FWIW. I'd avoid it if I were you.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Guys! Seriously? Mobile > laptop 

Quicker, portable, acccess anywhere, you can perfectly have as many pages opened as you want, smart phone screens are really not that small, the keyboard is perfect once you get used to it, I can type pretty fast on phone keyboard and I always miss autocorrect on a laptop keyboard. Messenger is the best thing in the word, it actually lets you use the only(/most) useful  function of Facebook without having to get through all the crap on facebook. At least I use for messaging 95% of the time and it's just so much easier and practical to have it separately. :dunno: it's so much better. 

#book my regular commute is 3 minutes on one tram and another 4 on another tram. Or 3 on the subway. I'm not sure I could read even two pages in that time. Also, when I don't have a seat (which is most of the time) a book is not very practical, a mobile fits in one hand perfectly. A book is also heavy and I don't always carry a bag big enough to comfortably hold one. I also prefer to read in a tranquil environment when I have time to read more than 2-5 pages. As for housework, a three minute break is just perfect for answering a text, I won't stop to read two pages to catch breath and get on with cleaning a window. :dunno: 

maybe it's just me. 

Mobile has its convenience and benefits, but it's poorly suited for anything heavy duty. I can type pretty fast on mobile, but it'sa lot more effort than using a keyboard, and slower too, because you can't use all your fingers/thumbs.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Autocorrect sucks. I switched it off as soon as I found that option (which was not that difficult). Maybe it gets useful if you only ever use the same words and it lets you choose words quicker so you do not need to type the whole, but I switch between three languages depending on who I am talking to. And the words the autocorrect finishes are just never ever correct, I just have to go back and correct it like two more times before it accepts my spelling. So no, I cannot give you autocorrect. :P

You can select multiple input languages and easily switch between them while texting, so autocorrect will only be using the language you have currently chosen. That took me way too long to find out, autocorrect gave me a lot of trouble before that too :lol:

1 minute ago, Nazca Barsavi said:

You can select multiple input languages and easily switch between them while texting, so autocorrect will only be using the language you have currently chosen. That took me way too long to find out, autocorrect gave me a lot of trouble before that too :lol:

Nah, not worth it. Autocorrect stays off. :P

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Nah, not worth it. Autocorrect stays off. :P

This is the correct option. Autocorrect often autocorrects already correct words into something totally different for me. Sodding autocorrect.

4 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

This is the correct option. Autocorrect often autocorrects already correct words into something totally different for me. Sodding autocorrect.

That is not the collect optician. Everyone knows that autocorrect never concretes wards onto summer things tonally daffodils. It always sways exacted where you went to sat.

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Nobody is attempting any such thing. You have not been paying attention, I see, robot.

Statement: BlackBear stated you were changing your old inanimate object which imitates reproduction for a newer model.

Additional Query: Why not just use a male meatbag for the task?, it would save you spending all your credits on these objects.

3 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

That is not the collect optician. Everyone knows that autocorrect never concretes wards onto summer things tonally daffodils. It always sways exacted where you went to sat.

*stow cap*

3 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Statement: BlackBear stated you were changing your old inanimate object which imitates reproduction for a newer model.

Additional Query: Why not just use a male meatbag for the task?, it would save you spending all your credits on these objects.

Correction: BlackBear lied about the object.

5 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Correction: BlackBear lied about the object.

:lol:

Mockery: Oh Blackbear, I love you but I hate all you stand for!, But I think we should go press our slimy,mucus covered lips together in the cargo hold!.

Archived