The SFF All-Time Sale List (vol 2) (updated Dec 2018)

Werthead

N.K. Jemisin update from Edelweiss:

Jemisin's sales have never been higher and her novels have sold over a two million copies.

Leigh Bardugo update:

Her works have been translated into 50 languages, with over five million copies sold in English alone

Edited by Jussi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

From the Edelweiss catalog:

Ann Leckie update

Nearly 615,000 copies of Ann Leckie's Imperial Radch novels have sold to date in the US across all formats.

Adrian Tchaikovsky update

His blockbuster novel Children of Time and its sequel sold over 250,000 copies.

Andrea Stewart

The Bone Shard Daughter has sold over 80,000 copies

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I would have expected at least double digit millions! :o

I had heard it was more like 10 million, but that would be worldwide, and that seems to track (with US sales making up 40-50% of the total).

But yeah, if someone told me she'd sold 20 or 30 million copies, that would have been easily believable, even if she was pushing it coming along just as the 1980s/early 90s fantasy boom was tailing off.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brandon Sanderson update from Edelweiss:

His books have been published in more than thirty-five languages and have sold over 22 million copies worldwide.

Also

By Sanderson’s estimation, he’s the highest-selling author of epic fantasy in the world.

24 minutes ago, Jussi said:

Brandon Sanderson update from Edelweiss:

His books have been published in more than thirty-five languages and have sold over 22 million copies worldwide.

Also

By Sanderson’s estimation, he’s the highest-selling author of epic fantasy in the world.

Not sure how he figures that with GRRM sitting on the cusp of 100 million sales. Among living epic fantasy authors, Weis & Hickman, Brooks, Salvatore and probably Feist have sold more than him, and Rothfuss is only a breath behind with 2 novels as opposed to ~25.

Sarah J. Maas update from Edelweiss:

In total, Sarah’s books have been translated into 38 languages, have been on the New York Times bestseller list 165+ times, and have sold more than 25 million copies.

Edited by Jussi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Werthead said:

3.5 million for Erikson, over 1 million for Esslemont.

Given those aren't particularly awful numbers, it surprised me to find out that the initial print run for ICE's new book is...300 copies?!

35 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Given those aren't particularly awful numbers, it surprised me to find out that the initial print run for ICE's new book is...300 copies?!

Interesting, because ICE's Path of Ascendancy series has reportedly done extremely well in the UK but very badly in the USA, to the point where it took forever for Book 3 to come out in paperback and I don't think Book 4 even has a local release date.

Edited by Werthead