Football: Reds Rising!!

AncalagonTheBlack

A very un-Arsenal-like rescue of the 3 points. Sanchez must be getting frustrated with the team.

And I read a disturbing stat that Xhaka has been sent off 9 times in the last three seasons. Getting sent off 3 times per season seems a little high...

Doing really well is good, but I get nervous with a hothead who could get sent off at any game. In this day and age, a sending off is a crippling blow that almost always results in a worse result than the one standing at the time of sending off.

Even a guy with a bad reputation like Vieira 'only' get sent off 8 times in 307 games (i.e. once per 38 games = once per season). I know it's a small sample size for Xhaka, but to be tracking at triple that is not a good look.

On 1/21/2017 at 6:06 PM, Consigliere said:

Really disappointing result. Another two points dropped. Our league position is an accurate reflection of where we are atm. Genuine title challengers would have found a way to win that game. We have a good side but just lack that killer instinct of a top team. Good thing Liverpool, Arsenal and City aren't looking too clever either.

Yes I felt United should have won this game. They were the better team for 90% of the game, dominated Stoke, created chances, but it didn't happen. Especially with Liverpool dropping surprising points. I think it could help if Mourinho stuck a little bit to one line-up, now it was Mata and Mkhitarayan together next to Zlatan, with all of Martial, Rasford, Lingaard on the bench. What is wrong with the proven success of previous wins? And Mata instantly had a poor game in which he was subbed.

10 hours ago, Jeor said:

A very un-Arsenal-like rescue of the 3 points. Sanchez must be getting frustrated with the team.

And I read a disturbing stat that Xhaka has been sent off 9 times in the last three seasons. Getting sent off 3 times per season seems a little high...

It's not that un-Arsenal-like. We've been doing it off and on for years. Every time we win a game like that, we get the "they're mentally stronger" now though in reality, we got lucky after blowing the lead.

That stat is pretty harsh though. First sending off in the PL was ridiculous and out of 97 attempted tackles, he's been called for a foul like 10 times. Sometimes he makes a mistake then compounds it with a really rash challenge. It's a troubling trend but he's still only 23, he should learn.

In transfer news, it seems we've shipped Deulofeu on loan to Milan. Now, on his day, he was great. Trouble is, those days were few and far between, and it seemd more and more like Deulofeu is a confidence player who struggles to deal with adversity. 

I hope he can change that, because he's a joy to watch when he's on song. Good luck in Italy!

..also noises about Jags joining Sunderland, and Ivanovic being wanted by us. The first I don't mind - Jags isn't the player he was - but the second, to switch an ageing defender for ... an ageing defender - that just seems counterproductive. Hope we can get someone younger in.

6 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

In transfer news, it seems we've shipped Deulofeu on loan to Milan. Now, on his day, he was great. Trouble is, those days were few and far between, and it seemd more and more like Deulofeu is a confidence player who struggles to deal with adversity. 

I hope he can change that, because he's a joy to watch when he's on song. Good luck in Italy!

..also noises about Jags joining Sunderland, and Ivanovic being wanted by us. The first I don't mind - Jags isn't the player he was - but the second, to switch an ageing defender for ... an ageing defender - that just seems counterproductive. Hope we can get someone younger in.

Thais good.

9 hours ago, Mexal said:

That stat is pretty harsh though. First sending off in the PL was ridiculous and out of 97 attempted tackles, he's been called for a foul like 10 times. Sometimes he makes a mistake then compounds it with a really rash challenge. It's a troubling trend but he's still only 23, he should learn.

Apparently he's got the same number of yellows as Ramsey, and Xhaka has played more games than Ramsey. 

It's not the hardest things to fix, Kos was raw when he first came ( and he was 24 as well ) too and now he's our best defender. I'm not too worried, but missing 7 games for those two tackles seems a but harsh. 

4 hours ago, Raja said:

Apparently he's got the same number of yellows as Ramsey, and Xhaka has played more games than Ramsey. 

It's not the hardest things to fix, Kos was raw when he first came ( and he was 24 as well ) too and now he's our best defender. I'm not too worried, but missing 7 games for those two tackles seems a but harsh. 

Especially when the likes of Marco Rojo have been getting away with worse.

Archived