Vikings XI: Aelle's Anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

I am not sure why I am even watching anymore. 

Ivar doesn't have sex and yet believes his wife the next morning when she says she is pregnant.... ah who cares.

I am the same as most, it's on in the background as I do other things.

I've officially joined Team Finehair. I hope he blood eagles the bunch. Except for Floki. I still love Floki even though the Iceland arc is pointless.

Yes, Ivar is ridiculous, but no longer in an amusing, good way. Not sure when he crossed the comic book villain threshold, but he's clearly crossed it. Not even Wardruna could have saved that final scene.

Wait, is Judith on Alfred's or Aethelred's side? Her trying to be cunning and manipulative is probably the most humorous aspect of the show.

And Magnus is fucking back? I was hoping Hirst gave up on the that whole storyline. Way to disappoint me again Hirst.

Probably the worst episode of the series.

Kattegat - so people are just supposed to believe that was Lagertha, who just left there a few months ago...like they all forgot what their Queen, who spent most of her life there, married to the most famous Viking ever, looks like after a just few months? Yeah, great plan there god Ivar the suddenly brainless.

Wessex - Magnus crap is such a waste of screen time, then the whole revolution party that amounted to nothing. Another whole episode where nothing happened except Halfhair got farther up stream with his army.

Iceland - Probably the most interesting part of the episode and yet utterly forgettable.

I am invested enough that I will keep watching for a while longer but I feel myself hoping for a midseason break!

Agree that Iceland was possibly the best part of this last episode. At least the Iceland arc is consistent. I also kind of dig these seeming origins of the Althing. It also doesn't hurt that Floki is my fav character. I see Floki semi-inheriting the role of the Seer, at least on the series. But, man, that identifying the burial site of the murdered girl was comical. You mean the rest of the group couldn't tell that spot of earth was recently upturned?

Magnus is and always has been pointless. Waste of screen time on a series loaded with wastes of screen time. At least he reminded us of Kwenthrith pissing on Rangnar?

The sacrifice in Kattegatt is was terribly anticlimactic on a series that is exceptional at anticlimactic. RIP Lagertha stunt double. We barely knew you. Will Hvitserk finally be able to do something and have his own arc on this series, or is Hirst setting up a Vikings spin-off?

The only reason Iceland was only possibly the best part of the episode was because of its competitor for that spot: Alfred's new do. Odin's Beard! He now looks like McLovin. I can't unsee it. And where do they get all the hair gel in Wessex?

I petition that we rename this thread Saxons, because I feel like that's what I'm watching now, not Vikings.And Saxons is a terrible fucking show. Saxons makes me wish Alfred the Great had drowned as a child.

On a related note, Judith is fucking horrible.

And isn't it really fucking stupid to take Ubbe, the one "son of Ragnar Lothbrok" that we know for certain died fighting against the English, and have him join the fucking Saxons.

At least Battle Bishop is dead.

Good riddance Bishop. More importantly good riddance terrible Lagertha/Bishop romance.

I suppose the battle was ok, except for Harald's foolishness walking into that trap. Was that Gladiator footage they used with the catapults?

Now Bjorn is on a mission to find his mother after her mysterious disappearance during the battle? Hmm, we lost his world travels arc for this?

Wait are Ubbe and Torvi an item now? Or has their being one been so forgettable I can't remember?

Ivar's godhood arc is possibly worse than the Wessex arcs.  Hvitserk is the only one smart enough to realize the Seer was murdered? WTF!

And why is Magnus still around? Terrible fucking character.

Archived