Vikings XI: Aelle's Anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

2 hours ago, red snow said:

I think hirst should team up with kurt sutter. It would be so amazingly silly/awful that it would shatter all concepts of good and bad and we'd bow to its awesomeness. I suspect the world of TV try and keep both creators apart out of some "Don't cross the beams" superstition. I'd watch it.

They could title it "Wives and Daughters".

6 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Isn't Hirst supposed to be developing some tv-show based in  Rome with Martin Scorsese?

First I’ve heard of this. The last time Marty was involved with a series (Vinyl) it did not turn out well at all. Boardwalk Empire was mostly great though. 

10 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Isn't Hirst supposed to be developing some tv-show based in  Rome with Martin Scorsese?

I hope not. As much as I'd like a show about rome/roman empire I fear they will yet again cover caesar. Given it's hirst and his love of families we might get the julio-claudian reign because film/tv seem to think the romans spanned the spartacus slave rebellion to the death of Nero instead of 1000-2000 depending on whether you count eastern romans.

Actually this could be the "i claudius" remake that was mentioned a few years ago being resurrected. 

18 minutes ago, red snow said:

I hope not. As much as I'd like a show about rome/roman empire I fear they will yet again cover caesar. Given it's hirst and his love of families we might get the julio-claudian reign because film/tv seem to think the romans spanned the spartacus slave rebellion to the death of Nero instead of 1000-2000 depending on whether you count eastern romans.

Actually this could be the "i claudius" remake that was mentioned a few years ago being resurrected. 

I would kill, literally kill, to see Irene depicted on screen. Even if it was an awful character assassination.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I would kill, literally kill, to see Irene depicted on screen. Even if it was an awful character assassination.

With Charlemagne crossover appeal (another historical figure ripe for hirst style TV)

22 minutes ago, red snow said:

With Charlemagne crossover appeal (another historical figure ripe for hirst style TV)

Right? Finally the chance to depict Western Christendom as the intruculent separatists bent on personal aggrandizement that they really were.

But if we are being real for a second all the fantastically interesting Religious Lawyering that was done to separate the West from Imperial *jurisdiction while there was a woman on the throne would be neglected in favor of Charlemane doing magic mushrooms.

ETA: *Changed from 'control' to 'jurisdiction' for a more appropriate comment*

The writers really have no idea what they want to do with Hvitserk, do they? Hopefully he'll finally have his own fully realized arc.

Not sure when Ubbe became some great military strategist. Sure, Alfredstan, just give him control of your army, you fucking dope.

Judith is still the worst fucking character on this series (I feel I'm repeating that from week to week). "Yes, I killed your brother, now put your big boy pants on!" Alfredstan coming out of his coma just in time for the funeral was hilarious, though.

Ivar is becoming more and more ridiculous. I hope he doesn't meet up with Leni Riefenstahl.

I honestly don't mind the Iceland storyline, despite it being a big digression from the main storylines. I'm not a fan of Floki basically being a helpless bystander throughout the events, however.

I suppose the Bjorn/Harald/Gunnhild jockeying for position isn't the worst development in the series. At least Bjorn and Harald are two of the better characters on the show.

I'm actually finding Hvisterk to be one of the more engaging characters now. That's how terrible the others are.

Judith is not only the worst character on this show, she's probably the worst thing that has happened to this show. I would gladly take Yidu and the Incest twins back if it meant Judith went away.

I'm too sick of love triangles to care about Bjorn-Brawnhilda-Harald.

So, is Ivar's rule supposed to be Michael Hirt's commentary on the rise of fascism?

1 hour ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Who are the Incest twins? I can't remember them.

It was the those two French nobles that ended up getting strangled by the French king., Roland I think was the name of the guy half. Although I guess they were actually just incest-siblings not incest-twins .

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:10 PM, GallowKnight said:

So, is Ivar's rule supposed to be Michael Hirt's commentary on the rise of fascism?

He even has his own Imperial Guard a la Emperor Palpatine. Those Thanes look ridiculous just standing there in their helmets.

2 hours ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Who are the Incest twins? I can't remember them.

As GallowKnight wrote above, Roland and his sister/lover Therese. Roland was trying to usurp Count Odo's role in Frankia by having his sister seduce Odo, but Odo tortured her in his "sex dungeon".

35 minutes ago, Astromech said:

He even has his own Imperial Guard a la Emperor Palpatine. Those Thanes look ridiculous just standing there in their helmets.

As GallowKnight wrote above, Roland and his sister/lover Therese. Roland was trying to usurp Count Odo's role in Frankia by having his sister seduce Odo, but Odo tortured her in his "sex dungeon".

Didn't they CRISSCROSS! The dude, stringing him up and raping him to death?

Or something fucking stupid like that?

28 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Didn't they CRISSCROSS! The dude, stringing him up and raping him to death?

Or something fucking stupid like that?

Well, not raping. They set him up after Therese's flogging/whipping torture/bdsm. She pretended to want more BDSM and tricked him into some reverse kink where he was flogged only to have her give the whip to Roland who proceeded to whip him to death.  Charles the King of Francia ordered his death after Roland revealed Odo's betrayal or supposed betrayal/disloyalty. Francia was a real clusterfuck of oddities.

9 hours ago, Astromech said:

Didn’t one or both also ‘seduce’ the King at some point?

Archived