Vikings XI: Aelle's Anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

That was not actually that bad, it might even have been good by current standards.

Fascist Ivar keeps being boring as fuck and Hvitserks girlfriend getting fridged was both obvious as fuck and kinds disappointing as she managed to be one of the more interesting female characters currently on the show, which casts a sad light on the other female characters.

But I did like Ivar's scene with the child, it was great to see him act like a human for once and a sad echo to his own past.

The combination of Judith and Lagertha is one I do not look forward to. At least it seems there might be a slim chance we are rid of Judith soon. And Winnick was actually a lot better in this episode than she has been in a long time. Maybe it's the lack of Battle Bishop that's having an effect.

Hvitserk's little side adventure was pretty fun, I'm actually liking Hvitserk more and more. And Steven Berkoff was pretty great too. Although I'm still not sure what fucking kingdom Olaf was supposed to be king of.

The Iceland arc seems to be closing out, so that's good. I gotta commend Adam Copeland too, he's been solid for this whole forgettable arc, and has generally done a really good job with what he was given.

And finally, it was great seeing and hearing Ragnar again too.

Torvi still suck though.

Ragnar! Yes! Thx for reminding us what a good show this once was. But Lagertha's dream fugue and recent plotline makes no fucking sense and her convo with Judith was one of the worst I've heard on this series.

Regarding Judith, she really just told a foreign frenemy she killed her son? I suppose. She told her son the king last episode. Hopeful she won't be in the show much longer. I've been waiting for her to disappear from the show. Maybe like Lagertha's disappearance but nobody notices or cares that she's gone.

Mic drop, Floki! Kjetill has no idea who is talking to. The Iceland arc is one of the better ones this season. Slow, but I find it interesting. Doesn't hurt to have one of the best characters in the series and the beautiful natural scenery of Iceland.

Ubbe's scenes were good, except for Torvi also being in them. I was waiting for the Danes to break into "Hooked on a Feeling" after they were chanting his name.

Ivar's scenes weren't terrible and it was actually nice to see some humanity still left in him even after he bbq'd the opposition.

Not sure about Hvitserk's scenes. So did he find enlightenment with Olaf/Buddha?

So now Bjorn marries Gunnhild and Harald is sulking over another girl. Always a bridesmaid never a bride, right Harald? Kudos to Bjorn for fucking with him, though.

34 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Ubbe's scenes were good, except for Torvi also being in them. I was waiting for the Danes to break into "Hooked on a Feeling" after they were chanting his name.

Holy shit this made me laugh.

I find Ivar unbearable. His character is written so 2 dimensional he's like a comic book villain ... and I really wanted to see what was up with the spawn. 

3 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

Holy shit this made me laugh.

I find Ivar unbearable. His character is written so 2 dimensional he's like a comic book villain ... and I really wanted to see what was up with the spawn. 

My guess was he was born with a cleft palate after the midwife said he couldn't suckle.

Good riddance to my least favorite character in the show. But what the hell was Lagertha doing there and why is she giving Alfredstan advice on how to be a king? Lagertha's character has been butchered. I never realized losing her shield would completely alter her.

Ubbe's combat was pretty good. Probably the best part of the episode. Even Torvi couldn't ruin it for me.

Poor Floki goes into the cave in search of the gods and finds a cross. Ouch, that must've hurt. But wtf is there a cross there?

Yes, Bjorn, Magnus is a Christian impostor. As Ricky told Bubbles when he could no longer trust Conky, "Drownt him! Drownt him!"

I am a bit tired of the Bjorn/Gunnhild/Harald love triangle Needless and annoying drama. Just go kill Ivar.

Archived