MMA & Boxing 19: Cody Garbrandt's Dance Party

Davrum

These guys are banging out there. Rungvisai looks good.

ETA: Wow!

ETA2: That was brutal. Srisaket just rolled right over Chocolatito. Power shot after power shot. 

Buffer messed the names up in the first undercard fight, or something, and named the wrong dude the winner. Whoops!

40 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Buffer messed the names up in the first undercard fight, or something, and named the wrong dude the winner. Whoops!

He got the first names confused, and named Carlos Estrada the winner. Obviously Cuadras' corner started celebrating and no-one really hurd the surname.

That was a good fight though.

Very sad about the main event.

Superfly delivered. Hopefully those highlights got shown around the mainstream sports shows to let folks know there is some sweet action from the lighter classes. GGG/Canelo has a lot to live up to.

7 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

I didn't buy the card cause I was worried we'd lose power during it, caught the highlight clips this morning. Seemed like a good one apart from the main event. Cejudo looked awesome. 

Cejudo was amazing. RDA was also utterly splendid. I mean, Neil Magny has recent wins over Hector Lombard, Johny Hendricks and Kelvin Gastelum - the dude is no joke - but RDA waxed him with ease. So much for USADA putting an end to RDA's awesomeness.

I enjoyed the main event plenty, but I get why plenty didn't. There was personal drama and it was technically fascinating, but the Just Bleed crowd who expected the Nunes of the Tate and Rousey fights would have found it hard to love her more patient, strategic performance.

On 9/12/2017 at 10:18 PM, Davrum said:

Bones B sample also positive for Turanibol.

To the surprise of maybe 2.5 people.

You say that, but I'm kind of surprised  by the various conspiracy theories and doubts and flak people are throwing up about this. 

How many times is this guy gonna prove who he is?

I know this is going to rightly be Canelo-GGG town for a while but the (much smaller) Rockhold fight was interesting. I think Branch had a good shot at ending the fight if he hadn't grappled with Rockhold which...why do that?

Rockhold doesn't wrestle offensively a lot but his grappling is fucking excellent. The kicks are the flashy trademark but he really is a great MMA grappler.  AKA has fucking great wrestlers/grapplers and he seems to have learned enough to survive and neutralize wrestlers like Weidman on the defense and just be a horror from top position.  Don't give him a chance to recover.

Rockhold also looked really timid striking. Bisping might have ate into his confidence on the feet and his attempts to fix his boxing defense have left him in a rough patch, cause he didn't look good. He didn't seem happy with himself either, in the interviews. 

Archived