MMA & Boxing 19: Cody Garbrandt's Dance Party

Davrum

I just had the most delightful conversation with a Direct TV customer service lady who helped me settle what was a horrific foray into PPV.

My Ex used to handle all of the complicated TV stuff, and I shit you not I ended up accidentally ordering an adult film on the Automated Call ordering system.

Fucking hilarious. :rofl:

Ace work from Dan "The Hangman" Hooker, just too much class. Diakese was practically tapping before he hit the deck.

And the main event was great, impressive, beautiful work from both women.

15 hours ago, Davrum said:

Ace work from Dan "The Hangman" Hooker, just too much class. Diakese was practically tapping before he hit the deck.

And the main event was great, impressive, beautiful work from both women.

Yeah. I was rooting for Holm, but that was just art.

18 hours ago, Davrum said:

I guess that's why Diakese' corner told him to stop going for takedowns. I also liked Rogan ripping the "meatheads" for booing after the 1st round.

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I guess that's why Diakese' corner told him to stop going for takedowns. I also liked Rogan ripping the "meatheads" for booing after the 1st round.

I think they wanted Diakese to quit with the TD game because if I remember rightly he went for TDs in both rounds and Hooker reversed him both times, but yeah, Dan The Hangman made him pay real nice when he went for it again. Hopefully Diakese learns to listen to his coaches because he clearly has a ton of potential.

43 minutes ago, Davrum said:

Hopefully Diakese learns to listen to his coaches because he clearly has a ton of potential.

Yeah. I actually think he did a lot of things right in this fight, improved greatly on his previous performance and had just started to work Hooker with volume strikes that he'd clearly been saving himself for and working out the timing for, but just got caught up in the moment and made a stupid mistake. He's still at that point in his head where he assumes his quite absurd athleticism will get him out of any scrapes, which is obviously not true anymore.

Khabib's incredible performance yet again means that I must stay with my earlier conviction: He would, or will, tear Conor apart.

Conor knows this and will avoid him as long as he can, that is what he's been doing.

He wants no part of this guy, which of course he'll never say. But he taunts everybody but Khabib.

It would be so glorious if he did ever get in the ring for fans of the sport, and I hope McGregor has it in him, but I fear he will avoid him as long as he can.

Apparently Khabib despises Tony Ferguson and wants to smash him regardless of Conor. But I say, while we're waiting for Ferguson to recover, let's have Conor vs Khabib. Everyone wants it, and McGregor finally needs to defend his belt.

I'm more interested in Khabib fighting someone with solid wrestling and grappling like El Cucuy has than going against Conor, who's essentially a pure striker. The only time I remember Khabib really struggling was against another strong wrestler in Tibau (a fight many thought Tibau actually won), but then that was over five years ago.

Not that I'm not curious to see how Conor would drop someone with wrestling as accomplished as Khabib's. We should probably assume his TDD has improved since 2-Week Camp Mendes made Conor his pet almost at will until his gas tank was empty but Khabib is much bigger than Chad and an even more relentless pressure fighter.

Archived