MMA & Boxing 19: Cody Garbrandt's Dance Party

Davrum

Another frustrating fight for Condit. He gets himself in trouble with a dumb, wild kick to start the 2nd round, then has a chance to stand it back up but passes on it... and gets tapped out a minute later. I know he was trying to tire Oliveria out but just not a smart decision IMO. I really hope he hangs it up soon. 

Poirier-Gathje now!

Yeah, you can't be trying to play an attrition game when you keep getting hit as much as Gaethje. Especially at this high level, I can see the odds being much better lower down the division/organization rankings. Poirier was landing all night and so was Eddie for that matter. 

Maybe don't trade 3-4 head strikes for a good leg kick. Cause then you get the ending that happened. And can you imagine doing this shit to someone like say...Conor? They'd be hosing your brains off the cage.

• 3 weeks later...

Great fight. Linares showed a lot more than I expected him to, and Loma fought through adversity to a cracking KO.

4 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Capoeira kick knockout on the UFC prelims was pretty fucking cool to see. 

Vitor officially retires after being on the receiving end of a front kick KO from Lyoto. 

I didn't see any of it coz of the Loma fight then bed but I notice that Oleinik got another Ezekial submission.

Also that Pennington's corner didn't pull her out before the final round even though she straight up asked them to, which is disgraceful cornering.

8 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Great fight. Linares showed a lot more than I expected him to, and Loma fought through adversity to a cracking KO.

I didn't see any of it coz of the Loma fight then bed but I notice that Oleinik got another Ezekial submission.

Also that Pennington's corner didn't pull her out before the final round even though she straight up asked them to, which is disgraceful cornering.

Yeah, he just grabbed it from a standing position, pulled Albini down and got it lol. 

Pennington's corner telling her to go back in after she told them she was done was disgusting. All she was going to do was take more punishment, that fight was over. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived