Young Adult Books: Discuss!

LugaJetboyGirl

So Y'AllFest was virtual this fall (as has everything else of course) and one of the perks was the opening up of contests to anyone who registered for the event. I managed to snag an electronic ARC through Fierce Reads/Macmillan of We Free the Stars by Hafsah Faizal, which is the sequel to We Hunt the Flame. I also won a physical ARC through Penguin Teen of The Electric Kingdom by David Arnold.

Kinda neat.

• 2 months later...

We Free the Stars was good. Overall an enjoyable duology. Electric Kingdom is getting rave reviews but I just haven't had the motivation to hold/read a physical book.

@lady narcissa it's Cassian and Nesta (A Court of Silver Flames) day! I I didn't pre-order so I'm waiting on my library hold in the next few weeks. I'm actually somewhat interested in this story so I hope it's worth my time.

2 hours ago, kairparavel said:

it's Cassian and Nesta (A Court of Silver Flames) day! I I didn't pre-order so I'm waiting on my library hold in the next few weeks. I'm actually somewhat interested in this story so I hope it's worth my time.

I am planning on reading it but have not gotten it yet. As of now, based on previous books, I am not so interested Nesta and Cassian, but I suspect once I get inside their heads I might become interested? If it is anything like I have heard however, we will be more likely to be discussing it in the Romance thread. I think she has left YA officially behind with this one.

• 1 month later...

I ended up downloading Leigh Bardugo's Rule of Wolves last night.  I don't really think this extension of the Grishaverse series qualifies as YA anymore but it's still marketed and shelved that way so I guess here we are.  I was on the fence about it as I had such mixed thoughts on King of Scars.  But the Darkling lure won out.  I am of course skipping over the bulk of the book and reading his scenes first.  Ha.

• 8 months later...

Archived