Star Wars Rebels: How Does the Force Really Work? (spoilers for everything Star Wars)

Corvinus85

38 minutes ago, karaddin said:

The Sith interest in extending their physical life vs Jedi acceptance of death and ultimately finding post physical life as part of the force is canon, not just theorised. It's at least outright mentioned in season 6 of TCW when Yoda starts having extreme doubts about the war and manages to connect to Qui-Gon and starts working towards his own death.

7 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Karaddin, Corvinus,

So does this mean I'm right about Sith being pure Materialists while Jedi are Dualists?

I'd say it's made pretty clear in RotS - Anakin goes to both Yoda and Palpatine about his visions that Padme will die -

Yoda replies “The fear of loss is a path to the Dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”

Palpatine on the other hand tells Anakin a story about a guy who learned to prevent people from dying: 

"It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith who lived many years ago. He was so powerful and so wise that he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.... He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, and then one night, his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic that he could save others from death, but not himself."

16 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So does this mean I'm right about Sith being pure Materialists while Jedi are Dualists?

I thought the Sith argued that balrogs do have wings and that Han fired first, whilst Jedi believed the counter?

I found it hard to keep paying attention once it was clear the entire episode was going to be around them capturing a spy droid. The last minute was useful but a skippable episode.

Zeb should not be left as head of security again!

6 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Did Hera take the entire base minus Zeb, the two druids, and the one guy in communications with her?

The entire base consists of Phoenix squadron, i.e. the Ghost and a bunch of A-wings. And it was a training session for the entire squadron. There were a few techs left at the base. What I don't understand was why didn't Zeb have Chopper contact the command center to put the base on alert.

42 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

The entire base consists of Phoenix squadron, i.e. the Ghost and a bunch of A-wings. And it was a training session for the entire squadron. There were a few techs left at the base. What I don't understand was why didn't Zeb have Chopper contact the command center to put the base on alert.

I feel like there have been more than just Phoenix Squadron and some other odds and ends there though...probably just me then.

I need some sort of exposition all explanation of how the Rebellion works at the moment...Rogue One added some layers and now I just want to know... :P

2 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I feel like there have been more than just Phoenix Squadron and some other odds and ends there though...probably just me then.

I need some sort of exposition all explanation of how the Rebellion works at the moment...Rogue One added some layers and now I just want to know... :P

Currently the Rebellion is split into multiple cells, with some, like Phoenix squadron, perhaps being more successful that others. Only a few are in touch with all the cells, like Bail Organa and Mon Mothma. But we are seeing these cells slowly coming together. The Ghost crew working with Saw Guerrera, some of the indications in the trailer showing that more cells will come together. But Rogue One indicated that the Alliance managed to pool their forces together only just before the events in the movie. 

See, now that along with the inevitable episode where they actually go to Mandalor for the showdown should have been the two part episode, not "The Ghosts of Geonosis". Also, did they sneak in a reference to the Mandalorian Wars? Maybe it is just a reference to the stuff that happened in the Clone Wars, but it's got me hopeful we might get some of the KoTOR stuff canonized eventually.

S3E14 "Trials of the Darksaber" might be one of my favorite episodes this season. Some great character development and real moments with Kannan and Sabine. Plus Herra and Sabine bonding over the family issues. No lie, this one caught me in the feels. 

Also, I didn't really watch the Clone Wars series. Should I go back and watch the Maul episodes where he apparently takes over Mandalor? 

17 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

S3E14 "Trials of the Darksaber" might be one of my favorite episodes this season. Some great character development and real moments with Kannan and Sabine. Plus Herra and Sabine bonding over the family issues. No lie, this one caught me in the feels. 

Also, I didn't really watch the Clone Wars series. Should I go back and watch the Maul episodes where he apparently takes over Mandalor? 

Yes, watch those episodes. There is more Maul-Kenobi interaction, and also there lies the main reason why some people adhere to the Rey is a Kenobi theory.

On 22/01/2017 at 2:11 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

I think it was pretty specific to that War, I think...

A "Mandalorian Wars" where the Mandalorians fought the Jedi is pretty much the definition of the war which appeared in KotOR. Maybe there was another one at another time, but it does seem to be a shout-out. It's not the war in the Clone Wars, where the Jedi fought alongside the Mandalorians against various usurpers, the Separatists and the Death Watch rebels.

At this point I'm pretty certain that Hidalgo, Filoni and the Story Group want to make TOR and KotOR canon. It boosts interest in The Old Republic, it does absolutely nothing to interfere with RebelsClone Wars or the new movies and keeps the fans happy. So why not just do it?

Probably one of my favorite episodes of Rebels. Really had everything you could ask for in an episode, and leads down an interesting road. I will say though that I have never liked what they did with the Mandalorians in TCW. I much preferred the EU backstory of it all, even when Traviss went over the top with all her Mando'a. But oh well, I'll go with what they're doing now that there isn't anymore burning each others continuity to pieces.

On 23/01/2017 at 3:55 AM, Jaxom 1974 said:

And so...did Sabine have an encounter with that large Grey Force user who'd name I forget? He woke up near her before she went back to the camp...

Yeah - they never seemed to follow up on that scene. Given his amusement at Dark and light side users of the force i thinks it's interesting that his curiousity was aroused By Sabine's training.

Agree with others who say that was one of the best episodes of the show. The characterization was excellent throughout. Loved Sabine's development but I also really enjoyed Kanan and Hera's conversations - it just felt like a real couple the way Hera read Kanan and Sabine and drew the realization out of him. I also liked how Kanan respects Hera's advice too.

Just lots of great character moments and one where they were wise to let Ezra take a back seat as it really wasn't about him this time around. Although I had a laugh at him dropping the parent bomb.

It definitely felt like an episode that's going to see big developments down the line. I'm wondering where that darksaber is now - I hoping it turns up in the films as I'd love to see the SFX for that blade in motion in a live-action film.

Archived