Tyrion will go to Braavos

Lost Melnibonean

• 3 weeks later...

The sight of him made the old woman smile. “A dwarf,” she purred, in a voice as sinister as it was soft. She spoke the Common Tongue with only a trace of accent. “Volantis has been overrun with dwarfs of late, it seems. Does this one do tricks?”

Yes, Tyrion wanted to say. Give me a crossbow, and I’ll show you my favorite.

“No,” Ser Jorah answered.

“A pity. I once had a monkey who could perform all sorts of clever tricks. Your dwarf reminds me of him.”

Tyrion VII, Dance 27

As for could Tyrion end up in Braavos, I could see it. Dany needs an enormous fleet to cross the Narrow Sea in the numbers she could bring, Braavos has the largest fleet around and they have some common ground on hating slavery. I don't think they would actually help though. 

But I really doubt the girl is Tyrion's daughter. Even if the timing lines up, which is always super tough to judge, she kind of got pimped out to the whole guard....who's to say it was his?

5 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

When I read your post, I heard the voice of Darth Sidious. 

Haha that's what I was going for. I actually kept rewording the last part trying to make it sound more authentic, in the end I settled for  just Tyrion.

I don't have the quotes in front of me but heven gets compared to monkeys multiple times and he can do simple acrobatics like monkeys. For the life of me I can't remember the symbolism behind it. 

I think Tyrion will go to Braavos with Daenerys to finish some red door business there. And I think Tyrion will vista the brothels and may run in to Arya maybe as a whore in a face herself. They are both kind of faceless right now anyway. 

And maybe then we'll find out what grand gift the Sealord of Braavos gave to Penny and Oppo. 

"It was Father's idea to do the tilts. He even trained the first pig, but by then he was too sick to ride her, so Oppo took his place. I always rode the dog. We performed for the Sealord of Braavos once, and he laughed so hard that afterward he gave each of us a … a grand gift."

Tyrion VIII, Dance 33

There's a reason that thread was not sewn up...

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe what Tyrion is looking for won't be at the Happy Port, but somewhere else in Braavos close by? Tyrion loves his ships;) (sorry if this was already mentioned. My tired eyes did not find it on a scan.)

A Dance with Dragons - Tyrion I

Tyrion began his explorations with the kitchen, where two fat women and a potboy watched him warily as he helped himself to cheese, bread, and figs. "Good morrow to you, fair ladies," he said with a bow. "Do you know where whores go?" When they did not respond, he repeated the question in High Valyrian, though he had to say courtesan in place of whore. The younger, fatter cook gave him a shrug that time.

We seem to be forgetting the basic backstory of the Sailor's wife. Tyrion was not a Sailor. Unless you count be shipped across the Narrow Sea in a box, and even that was well after the fact. Her backstory might fit Gerion Lannister, who was a sailor of sorts. If Tyrion does end up in Braavos for whatever reason, it's even odds he sleeps with Lanna, which will have supporters of either theory flipping out.

• 1 year later...

I got a dragon says the Sailor's Wife has dark hair and blue eyes...

"She has sixteen years, my lord."

A good age for Joffrey, he thought, remembering what Bronn had said. His first had been even younger. Tyrion remembered how shy she'd seemed as he drew her dress up over her head the first time. Long dark hair and blue eyes you could drown in, and he had. So long ago . . . What a wretched fool you are, dwarf.

Tyrion III, Clash 15

Archived