Pictionary 2017 Scrambled Sentences Round. - Its worth Points

Pebble thats Stubby

Welcome to Pictionay 2017.   If you would like to play please make sure you read the entirety of this Post.  Don't skim it, you may be tested later.

Yes thats right I'm pretending we have has two thousand and sixteen previous editions of Pictionary.  I dare you to correct me on this.

We have not played Pictionary Yet this year, so Its time for a new game.  All are welcome,  Drawing ability or lack of should not hinder your choice to play.  In fact not being able to draw better than a two year can scribble can sometimes be an asset when it comes to pictionary.  If your still unsure do check out the sentences and artwork from the previous games  (insert link here).  Its mandatory viewing if your ever feeling a bit down.  I'd also like to thank all the previous players and hosts of past games, especially TitanCat who Hosted  game.   :cheers:  

As normal you will have 48hrs to send in descriptions  and 72  to send in drawings.  although we do prefer you to be earlier if possible for a fast game.  If you can't complete a round in the allotted time I ask that you notify me ASAP so I can find a replacement.

I will be strictly enforcing sentence standards.  Sentences should be short and concise.  Long rambling sentences will be rejected.   When in doubt the decision as to accept a sentence will be the sole responsibility of your Host (that me Pebbles).  Arguing with your host is strictly against the rules and will not be tolerated.

I will be strictly enforcing drawing standards.   This means NO Letters.  numbers will be allowed.  No nude or indecently clothed drawing of your fellow pictionary players.  Any Harry Potters must be drawn fully clothed.    I ask you try to limit smut in your drawings and try to make them suitable for viewing by all ages,  Implied if far better than overt.

There will be scoring in this game.  Scoring will be explained in a separate post.

This game will not be themed.   Your Starting Sentence can be about anything you like (see below for exclusions)  Please send your first Sentence to me via PM. Entitle your PM  <player name> - Pictionary.    Points will be awarded to all who title their PM correctly without prompting.

The following will be banned from appearing in any Sentence/drawing/bonus chain.  These are non negotiable and not up for discussion.

The President Elect of the United States  (or President if after the 20th Jan)
Brexit.    - or anything relating to Brexit.
Any mention of Rouge One.  Its characters, locations, Plot ect.   all other material from Star Wars films / expanded universe are allowable.  If a character/location/item appears in the Rouge One film and another Star Wars Film / expanded universe, then it may be used provided it is not used in context of Rouge One.
Gerbils.  

If you would like to play, or be added to the reserve  list please respond below.
And yes you can play if you have never played or watched a game before.  If you have any questions please ask.

Round 1.    Initial Sentence.   - Send me a PM with your sentence, no real time limit this round.

Round 2.   Drawing   - deadline  17:20pm Sun 12th Feb  UK time

Round 3.   Describing  - Deadline  15:50 Wed 15th Feb  UK time

Round 4.  Drawing - Deadline    Friday 17th 23:15 UK time

Round 5. Describing - Deadline Sat 20th 1am UK time

Round 6 Round 7 Final Sentences - Deadline Fri 24th Feb  21:00 uk time

Final Drawing - Deadline Wednesday 22nd Feb 22:30 UK time

Scrambled Sentence round  - deadline  Friday 24th  5pm UK time  

Final scores to be added after the grand reveal

56  Helena  

52 Horse of Kent   

42 Bucky

39 Blackbear

29 Rocksniffer

29 TC   (-5 for lateness without notification)

11 Stunts

Scoring

There will be scoring in this game.  Points are just meaningless fun.  but hey.

From the 2nd round onward you will be able to win points depending on when you send me submissions that are deemed of an acceptable standard.
1st = 10 points
2nd = 7 points
3rd = 5 points
4th = 3 points
5th = 2 points
6th = 1 point
7th and below  0 points

You can also get 3 additional points if I receive a suitable submission within 24 hours of the being sent your picture / sentence.

All timings will be adjusted depending on when I send you your sentence Picture.

If you are late sending a suitable submission and failed to give prior warning you will receive 5 penalty points for each additional each 24 hour period you enter.  until your picture/sentence is received or a replacement is requested. 

Those who correctly title their initial PM with their sentence without promoting will receive an extra 10 points.
Those who argue with your host about the game will receive 10 penalty points for each post/pm 

At the end of the game, I will post a jumble of start / finish and bonus sentences.  you will have up to 24 hours to send me a PM with the correct pairings.   You will get 3 points for every correct pair, and 1 point for identifying each start sentence of each pair.  Those who do not send me a PM within 24 hours of the start finish sentence will not receive any points for correctly sorting the sentences.  we will not wait longer.

Bonus chains are available for those that have finished their task for the current round.
You can earn 5 bonus points for a picture returned within 24 hours, 3 if returned within 48 hours and 2 points for every bonus sentence returned within 24 hours.

Game Mechanics / Rules   - In addition to the special rules mentioned in the first post, we will also be following all the usual ones.  - You can skim this post if you have played before

RULES

The game proceeds as follows:

1. Send me a PM entitled *YOUR BOARD NAME* - Pictionary 33 containing a starting sentence

2. I'll send you someone else's sentence. You'll have around 72 hours (3 days) to draw (or otherwise art) the sentence and send me a link to it in the PM chain you started in #1.

3. You'll be sent someone else's picture. You'll have 48 hours (2 days) to send me a description of the picture in the PM chain.

4. I'll keep sending round the pictures and sentences in alternating rounds until everyone has participated in all the different threads (how many this is will depend on how many people we have playing).

5. I'll post all the results for your amusement and delectation.

Sentence rules

Your description should only be one sentence, not a paragraph. Don't go crazy with the subclauses. As a rough guide, 2 lines is long for a sentence.  Try to use no more than one  And or Then.   The spirit of what you think is being shown is more important than the details - your interpretation is what we want!    

Carefully read the info in the first post for what subject matter can be included in your sentences

Picture rules

Any kind of visual art which has been completely created by you is great. Most people will either draw on paper and photograph/scan it, or use digital drawing software such as MS Paint. But feel free to unleash your creativity. For example, in the past there has been plasticine pictionary (from this game)! The only restrictions are:

1. It must be entirely your own work - there shouldn't be any kind of copying/pasting from google images (though using them as reference material is fine)

Please link me to a PNG or JPG hosted elsewhere (e.g. people often use imgur). Make sure the picture link doesn't give any clues to the image or its origins. It should be a size where we can easily see it, and should be rotated to be the correct way round. 

Carefully read the info in the first post as what can / can't be shown in your artwork.

well since i can't draw pebbles as a dominatrix or harry potter strutting naked down the path...what fun is there  :shocked:

and if a sentence doesn't have some smutty overtones what is the purpose...  :mellow:

though i did get some watercolor pencils for christmas...

:smoking:

i have signed up and put my sentence in...but as i scrolled through old games this one made me laugh til i hurt...

give me smut or give me death... :commie:

a general shout out to our beloved Black Bear for a great game....my favorite... :cheers:

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am in, I am just totally without inspiration for a clever starting sentence these days.

"the uninspired flower thought if only the sun would shine and a light rain would fall."

Archived