A Series of Unfortunate Events

Martini Sigil

Watched the first episode and a bit of the second. This series covers the first 4 books, with each book being two episodes.

So far i feel its doing a great job vapturing the mood of tbe books. Great casting too, especially Olaf and Justice Strauss. 

Seems they are differing from the books in some respects, notably that they are focusing earlier on the VFD and so on.

I loved the books as a kid but unfortunately I outgrew them so I've only read up the eighth book. (The Hostile Hospital I think.) I'm two episodes in and it's great but I'm guessing some of the other stuff -- like the parents being alive and the VFD stuff -- is from later on in the series. (I don't think I ever got far enough to learn what VFD actually stands for.) I was worried about Neil Patrick Harris as Count Olaf but he's terrific -- as are all of his lackeys! The choice of casting for Lemony Snickett is interesting. He's doing a fine job but it's just not what I had in mind for the persona in my head. I actually thought he was Jon Hamm for the entirety of the first two episodes! 

• 1 year later...

Just finished binge-watching Season 2.

Now I have to wait a year or more for Season 3.  

*twiddles fingers*

Has it arrived yet? ASoUI is about 50% of the reason for my netflix subscription. 49% is Fargo. The remaining 1% is optimism.

I'm glad they gave Neil Patrick Harris more of a chance to showcase his musical abilities this year aside from singing the theme. Big props to all the returning and new members of the cast. 

Archived