Acrophobia 27: Hypotheticals - Round 5: Vote/Round 6: Submit

Raisin' Bran

I wanted the theme of the acros to coincide with the first sentence spoken by the POV character in their first point of view chapter. But I was foiled when I realized Dany's first sentence in chapter 3 of AGoT was four words long, two of which began with the letter I.

"Is it really mine?"

So I went with the sentence that was in the closest proximity to Jaime's.

And there are too many sentences that begin with I.

@Dolorous Gabe your idea sounds interesting, though I am unsure how it would play out.

Okay, so I have an idea for a new Acrophobia game (I'll forget the crazy crossover idea for now) but I'd like some opinions.

The idea is that you imagine yourself as Lomas Longstrider travelling the world and as you go you are always taking notes. You'll be given a place or a thing in the world and, using the acronym, detail what some of Longstrider's notes might have read on his visit.

What I'd like to ask is whether I should just use the seven known "Wonders Made By Man" in his book, which includes things we as yet know very little or nothing about, or whether I should use things we know more about that are not in Longstrider's book but he would undoubtedly have seen on his travels? The former option might be trickier but also possibly allows for some fun speculative thinking like in the "Little Known Facts About The Reeds" game of Acrophobia.

Any thoughts?

5 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Okay, so I have an idea for a new Acrophobia game (I'll forget the crazy crossover idea for now) but I'd like some opinions.

The idea is that you imagine yourself as Lomas Longstrider travelling the world and as you go you are always taking notes. You'll be given a place or a thing in the world and, using the acronym, detail what some of Longstrider's notes might have read on his visit.

What I'd like to ask is whether I should just use the seven known "Wonders Made By Man" in his book, which includes things we as yet know very little or nothing about, or whether I should use things we know more about that are not in Longstrider's book but he would undoubtedly have seen on his travels? The former option might be trickier but also possibly allows for some fun speculative thinking like in the "Little Known Facts About The Reeds" game of Acrophobia.

Any thoughts?

I'm in. I say we go with the known Wonders Made By Man because, like the game about the Reeds, it gives scope for the imagination.

Archived