Acrophobia 27: Hypotheticals - Round 5: Vote/Round 6: Submit

Raisin' Bran

Welcome to Acrophobia 27!

If you are like myself, you have sometimes wondered what would happen if two characters in the series had met. How would they react to each other? What would they say? Now you can take the characters' destiny in your own hands. They can have profound insight for the other, they can be snarky, humble, whatever you want.

If you are interested, join the game and find out who meets who. Will they come off as jerks, or will they help shape Westeros' future? As a special bonus, have fun and grab your chance to win!

The Rules:  

Spoiler

1.     There will be 6 rounds.

2.     Each round will introduce a pairing of characters who have not met in the books to date and a new acronym. The objective is to compose a line or lines of dialogue between the two, determining which one or both of the ASOIAF characters might say to the other using the letters provided in the acronym as the first letters of the words in the message. For clarity, I ask that the character's name be stated before the dialogue.

Example: Characters: Jon and Dany, in the Dothraki Sea                 Characters: Ned and Drogo                        Characters: Arya Stark and Walder Frey, agreeing to truce

Acronym: W S T H D I G H                                                 Acronym: B N T T A W                               Acronym: G M G F Y V M W A

Dany - Welcome strange traveler.                                      Ned - Best not try to attack Westeros         Arya - Guaranteed?

Jon - How did I get here?                                                                                                                       Walder - Mayhaps

A - Good

W - Farewell

A - Yes, Valar Morghulis Wally

W - AAAAaaahhhhh......

3.     Entries must only contain words that begin with the letters the acronym provided; therefore, you may not stick in a word like a, the, of, and, etc. to make your words make sense. 

4.     Deadlines for each round will be detailed as each round arrives. I will give at least 72 hours to submit, and maybe more (depending on the time of the week). Petitions for extensions may be submitted prior to the deadline, or I may allow an extension if numerous players have not submitted their entries as the deadline draws near. I will also adhere to the principle first proposed by the yomi (reference needed), where the entries will still be accepted after the submission deadlines, but without giving the late entrants their point for submitting.

5.     Entries are to be messaged to me through a PM. Title your message Acrophobia 27 - <your Board Name here> and keep all communication to the same messaging thread. You may edit/change your entry until the deadline, but it must be done by sending a new message.

6.     When all submissions are in, they will be posted on the thread. Entries are to be anonymous, so do not reveal which is your entry. Revealed entries will be disqualified.

7.     Players will then have time to vote for their favorite entries. All votes are public. Submit your votes in a comment on the game thread and make it clear which entry is first, which entry is second, and which entry is third (and fourth), in your opinion.

You may not vote for your own entry. You may change your vote up until the voting window closes by editing your original voting post.

8.     After submissions of one round are over, voting and the submissions for a new round will run simultaneously.

9.     Points will be awarded as follows:

1 point for a submission

1 point for voting

3 points for someone choosing your answer as their top choice

2 points for someone choosing your answer as their second choice

1 point for someone choosing your answer as their third choice and any additional places

4 points for having the answer with the most 1st place votes (ties get 2 points each)

Points will be added across all the rounds and the player with the most points will be the winner.

10.  You may join at any time, both during the submission and voting.

If you have made up your mind to join, send me a PM so we can start as soon as possible.

I have a list of characters to be included in the various rounds, however, if you have a pair of characters in your mind that you would like to see in this game, don’t hesitate to let me know.   

Players

Lil' Ghost

Castellan

Lady Blizzardborn 

Julia H.

Howlin' Howland

Rocksniffer

Pyroclastic Flow

Fragile Bird

Dolorous Gabe

Yes that is correct. Basically so everyone knows who is speaking. You could even go as far as to have one word exchanges between the characters...

Arya and Lord Walder Frey

Acro: G M G F Y V M W A

Arya - Guaranteed?

Walder - Mayhaps

A - Good

W - Farewell

A - Yes, Valar Morghulis, Wally

W - AAAHHHhhh...

On 1/17/2017 at 2:31 PM, Raisin' Bran said:

Yes that is correct. Basically so everyone knows who is speaking. You could even go as far as to have one word exchanges between the characters...

Arya and Lord Walder Frey

Acro: G M G F Y V M W A

Arya - Guaranteed?

Walder - Mayhaps

A - Good

W - Farewell

A - Yes, Valar Morghulis, Wally

W - AAAHHHhhh...

So there could be some really looooooong entries. In which case I will end up just using the numbers and not pasting the entries themselves for my votes.

14 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

So there could be some really looooooong entries. In which case I will end up just using the numbers and not pasting the entries themselves for my votes.

You missed off the five extra Os in loooooooooooong  :lol:

@Raisin' Bran, I may play but I will take a look at the first assignment to see if any inspiration comes before officially joining.

17 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Whatever floats your boat Lady B.

59 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Sign me up please. It has been far too long since I've whetted my acrophobia chops

Send me a PM

2 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I may play but I will take a look at the first assignment to see if any inspiration comes before officially joining.

I hope you can be inspired.

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Yeah, ok.  But if you want conversations, it's not Acrophobia, is it?

i don't think it's wanted, but that it is ok. we all could vote, (if you want)  if that is the reason you are on the edge of participating?

16 hours ago, lil' ghost said:

i don't think it's wanted, but that it is ok. we all could vote, (if you want)  if that is the reason you are on the edge of participating?

A lot of the entries in the tweeting version were fun, but I couldn't get my head around the format. :(

With no further ado, I give you

Round 1    Davos Seaworth encounters Sandor Clegane
While traveling from one lord’s rejection to the next sorry excuse, Davos Seaworth rows to shore from his galley Black Betha and beaches his boat without detection, as only a seasoned smuggler can. He then proceeds to the nearby castle of House Chelsted, hoping that the current Lord Chelsted will see reason and declare for the true King. With approval, the guards at the gate admit Stannis’ envoy to see the lord. Upon entering the castle’s great hall, the stumpy-fingered man finds Lord Chelsted holding audience with Sandor Clegane, newest member of the Kingsguard. Clegane’s purpose is to assure the loyalty of House Chelsted to the Crown at Kingslanding. Under their host’s protection, both Sandor and Davos are assured safety while inside the castle. What would the first words spoken between the Onion Knight and the Hound be? 

Your acronym:

S R W Y A

Deadline for submissions:Tuesday, 31 January 2017, 18:00 UTC

(Remember you can use all the words in one line from one character, or divide the acronym's letters between the two.)

Archived