Best acted scene in the series

Nocturne

Two of my favorite scenes that come to mind both involve Tyrion.

The first is when Cersei takes who she thinks is shae prisoner. Tyrion says that sooner or later he will get her back.

The next one is his interaction with Joffrey at his and Sansa's wedding feast.

Sorry, don't know how to embed video.

Season 3 episode 2 i think it was, the scene between Tywin and Tyrion. Tyrion demands Casterly Rock and Tywin just goes off on Tyrion. As cruel as he was, Charles Dance was FANTASTIC in that scene! Tyrion was like a little child during those 2 minutes, absolutely dominated! Not something you get to see too often.. Also the last scene between Jon and Ned. Sean Bean's acting was amazing! When he says "The next time we see each other, we'll talk about your mother" and the sad look in his eyes when he said it... such an underrated scene in my opinion. 

I really liked the scene in 6x10 where Davos confronts Melisandre about Shireen's death. 

"I loved that girl like she was my own. She was good, she was kind, and you killed her!"

Liam Cunningham (I think that's the actor's name?) did a really great job here. Davos is furious at her, yet at the same time, he's fighting back tears. Especially sad when you remember that Davos has already lost his son (at least one of them, in the show) in Blackwater, and now he's pretty much lost his daughter too. 

Some of my personal favorites include:

Tyrion's trial scene - Peter Dinklage was amazing in that scene. This might be my favorite scene from the show. This would be first on my list of best acted scenes in GoT.

Others -

The trial by combat, the Mountain vs the Viper. This really did justice to the book, in my opinion.

Jaime's confession about the time he became the Kingslayer. This was so crucial to Jaime's character development. I thought Nikolaj Coster-Waldau did very well delivering those lines.

Tywin and Cersei's confrontation in 4x10. This was not in the books, but I thought it was an interesting addition that Charles Dance and Lena Headey performed very well.

Cersei's reaction to the burning of the sept

Daenerys in 5x08 - "I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel."

I also thought Kit Harington was great all throughout 6x09.

Any scene with Stannis. It's got to be hard to make such an unlikable role ALMOST likable. Up until he burned his daughter alive, I didn't even hate him.

I really liked the small scene Meera had with Bran about Jojen. GOT is set in such a harsh world in which only the strong survive and sometimes I feel like that still applies today. Anyway, she says, quite matter of fact, "Some people will always need help. That doesn't mean their not worth helping." (Or something like that.) And it got me thinking about mental illness in today's society. Not sure where I'm going with this, but I really liked that scene.

Tyion's scenes seem to require the most skill, IMO. Specifically the one with the dragons. He's trying to be funny with CGI dragons and is probably talking to a potato in their place so to pull that off is a win by me.

On 8/2/2017 at 7:54 PM, Tyrek Lannister said:

Oh, I really like one. One of the moments that Cersei is reminded she is not as important as she thinks she is

20 hours ago, Lady Noble said:

Any scene with Stannis. It's got to be hard to make such an unlikable role ALMOST likable. Up until he burned his daughter alive, I didn't even hate him.

I really liked the small scene Meera had with Bran about Jojen. GOT is set in such a harsh world in which only the strong survive and sometimes I feel like that still applies today. Anyway, she says, quite matter of fact, "Some people will always need help. That doesn't mean their not worth helping." (Or something like that.) And it got me thinking about mental illness in today's society. Not sure where I'm going with this, but I really liked that scene.

Tyion's scenes seem to require the most skill, IMO. Specifically the one with the dragons. He's trying to be funny with CGI dragons and is probably talking to a potato in their place so to pull that off is a win by me.

That scene from Meera when she says that is also one of my favourites. I think it's a little foreshadowing of her taking care of Bran in a future and their relationship that will come closer , but the most important thing is that  it illustrates Meera's character in a meaningful way:

-it shows she doesn't care about what others think of what should be appropiate or not=she is independent

-it shows that Bran (those who will need help) are important people by themselves. There is no shame in that. He is who he is, no matter what happened to him. He is not just "a cripple". He is a person. He is Bran.

Wow, I don't think I can narrow down to just one best acted scene.

Jamie's confession to Brienne was the first scene where I first felt there was more to the character and the actor.

Ned and Jon, especially now in light of the fact it is a conversation we know will never happen, and how much could have avoided/changed if it had happened.

Cat and the motherless bastard story.

Tyrion and Oberyn 

Tywin and so many people

No matter what the flaws some people may see in this show, the actors across the board have been amazing. With a few exception, I cannot think of a one who I would replace.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, BennC93 said:

any Scenes by Stephen Dillane

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:52 PM, Lady Noble said:

Stannis was my favorite character and that was even when I was show-only and before I read the books.  It says a lot to the performance of Stephen Dillane.  The end of season 3 I was convinced that Shireen was going to end up on the Iron Throne at the end.  The scene where Stannis tells her of how she got greyscale and then he returns her hug... goodness gracious the tears were flowing.

There's so many excellent performances in this series, it's really hard to pin down just one. Tyrion's speech at his trial easily comes to mind, as does Jaime's confession to Brienne in the bath. Alfie Allen easily captures the conflicted nature of Theon in every aspect, but to me the best performance would have to be Liam Cunningham. When Davos confronts Melisandre about Shireen that was the perfect blend of rage and sadness.

• 1 month later...

There's been sooo many superbly acted scenes in Game of Thrones, but for me, the single best acted scene is by Liam Cunningham and Carise Van Houten in Winds of Winter where Ser Davos confront Melissandre about Shireen.

Liam and Carise were both so brilliant in this scene.

10 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

There's been sooo many superbly acted scenes in Game of Thrones, but for me, the single best acted scene is by Liam Cunningham and Carise Van Houten in Winds of Winter where Ser Davos confront Melissandre about Shireen.

Liam and Carise were both so brilliant in this scene.

Yes I looooove this scene!! Liam and Carice are just electric together. That whole confrontation was just stunning. 

Archived