Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2017

Week

11 hours ago, grozeng said:

Already made 6 moves.  Beating last year's pace

Who are you and what have you done with Groz?

14 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Our league ends after the games on 4/3, right?  1 and done :)

On the power of the Twinkies and A's - surprising! 

Huge swing in the lead today -- all thanks to my hitters today and my pitchers yesterday. All is rightful, as it's the logs of Driftwood in the lead.

So was away last week in London and really did not pay attention to my team.  Thought I moved in Cabrera for Reyes, but for some reason it only happened for one day.  Oh well.  Dropped from first to 3rd while I was away.

I had 5 players I really targeted to get on my team Machado, Pineda, Thames, Sanchez and Chapman.  I got 3 of them in Machado, Pineda and Thames.  Hard to believe Machado has been the one that sucks the most so far.  I actually had Thames valued at over $20 and was content to just sit as long as I could before he went on the block.  And Pineda has his 23 K/BB.  He has huge value in our league if he can keep his ERA and WHIP respectable.

Sanchez and Chapman went for too high.  I also had Judge on my radar.  I totally forgot about him and don't even think he was drafted. 

15 hours ago, grozeng said:

So was away last week in London and really did not pay attention to my team.  Thought I moved in Cabrera for Reyes, but for some reason it only happened for one day.  Oh well.  Dropped from first to 3rd while I was away.

I had 5 players I really targeted to get on my team Machado, Pineda, Thames, Sanchez and Chapman.  I got 3 of them in Machado, Pineda and Thames.  Hard to believe Machado has been the one that sucks the most so far.  I actually had Thames valued at over $20 and was content to just sit as long as I could before he went on the block.  And Pineda has his 23 K/BB.  He has huge value in our league if he can keep his ERA and WHIP respectable.

Sanchez and Chapman went for too high.  I also had Judge on my radar.  I totally forgot about him and don't even think he was drafted. 

Glad to know that I was not going to get Thames. I wanted to get him, but didn't save enough at the time (as I recall) - he's been a beast. Sano/Davis/Thames have all been stalwarts for you. Pitching, you may have the best top 4 (with Pineda pitching like he's in Seattle and not Pinata of last year) and then a big gap before the next 4. Let me know if you want to upgrade from Chen, Wheeler, Gio, or Skaggs.

...and in looking at my team, I noticed that Starling Marte is suspended for 80 games. Awesome.

20 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Got me by 11 on O'Day.  Touche!

Trade? :cheers:

Related, did take need a 7th closer? Quite a treasure trove.

I actually really like Chen and Gio.  Skaggs sucked his first start but has potential.  Wheeler was a flyer.  He was supposed to be good before he got hurt, so I am hoping he is back to where everyone thought he would be.

I just checked my values and I had Thames and Pineda both over $20.  Got Pineda for $7 and Thames for $2

On 4/22/2017 at 1:23 PM, JJ Lannister said:

I tried to start Arrieta and Kennedy today and the app won't let me put them in. Can commish override please? And yes I know Arrieta is getting rocked now. Haha

Just saw this.  Sorry man - as far as I can tell, won't let me go back and edit rosters for a previous day.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Something went wrong with my editing my bid for Kluber on my tablet.  My bid was only $85, so it would have lost.  Just want Week to know he was right to go all in.

I was debating, but ultimately seemed like one of the few times I'd really want to dive in on waivers. My pitching has been slowly bleeding ... (well, started that way considering I drafted Price).

Archived