Attack on Titan (Anime series)

AncalagonTheBlack

Haha, yeah.

I just want to make sure everyone is aware. At one point in the first season, the same animation of titans (even the same faces) clawing upwards was used during a wall scene, and the giant tree scene. How lazy can you get?

A lot of times it isn't laziness but the insanity of the production schedule which dictates this. Then again titan isn't a weekly anime. However the relatively quick turnaround and higher episode number does make me cautious.

Maybe this show is by the Japanese equivalent of walking dead budget setters and they are squeezing every penny out at minimum cost? Let's hope not.

• 2 months later...

Only on funimation in UK. I might wait until season is done and binge it on a trial as I don't watch enough anime  to warrant the price tag. It's a shame crunchy roll doesn't have it as I was willing to wait a week to watch it for free.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is OK to say without spoiler tags since its a meta commentary rather than any plot detail - the pacing is way faster than the manga and that's really improving this arc. The first half of ep2 was one of the best things I've watched in animation.

Can't wait for the heavy emotional beats to come this season!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 7:59 AM, red snow said:

A lot of times it isn't laziness but the insanity of the production schedule which dictates this. Then again titan isn't a weekly anime. However the relatively quick turnaround and higher episode number does make me cautious.

Maybe this show is by the Japanese equivalent of walking dead budget setters and they are squeezing every penny out at minimum cost? Let's hope not.

A lot of anime is like that, then it gets fixed up for the home release.

• 8 months later...
12 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Oh, part two of season 3 started.

The battle for Shiganshina has begun.

Good to know. Was about to start watching season 3 but i may as well wait a few weeks so i can blitz through the whole thing. I think my enjoyment of season 1 was partly bring able to watch "just one episode" when i watched on Netflix

Archived