Arthur Dayne vs Dragonknight

Quellon

I'd hesitantly say Dayne? Both are amazing obviously, and alongside Cregan Stark, Barristan and Daemon Blackfyre I'd say they are the top swordsmen Westeros has ever seen. But I think Dayne would take it, if both fought with regular blades. If you give Aemon Dark Sister and Dayne Dawn then maybe it changes; Dawn isn't quite Valyrian steel after all.

12 hours ago, Adam Yozza said:

I'd hesitantly say Dayne? Both are amazing obviously, and alongside Cregan Stark, Barristan and Daemon Blackfyre I'd say they are the top swordsmen Westeros has ever seen. But I think Dayne would take it, if both fought with regular blades. If you give Aemon Dark Sister and Dayne Dawn then maybe it changes; Dawn isn't quite Valyrian steel after all.

No, but is still as awesome-meteorite steel. ;)

14 hours ago, Adam Yozza said:

I thought Dawn is supposed to be better than Valyrian steel. 

It is made of iron inside a star. While Valyrian steel, no matter how fancy it is, is made of iron of earth. 

GRRM is saluting to Tolkien here. Eol's sword made of shooting star can cut all swords made of iron from earth. 

1 hour ago, purple-eyes said:

I thought Dawn is supposed to be better than Valyrian steel. 

It is made of iron inside a star. While Valyrian steel, no matter how fancy it is, is made of iron of earth. 

GRRM is saluting to Tolkien here. Eol's sword made of shooting star can cut all swords made of iron from earth. 

and the in-world resources tell us they seem/appear to be identical minus coloring. Asteroid/comet iron is no different than earth iron. If it were, it wouldn't be iron.

On 21.1.2017 at 9:07 PM, Dorian Martell's son said:

Arthur Dayne would win because of the cromulent  misfortunate alabaster thong crown bread loaf midget crass subsaharan mouse turd flaming cat rind of the house stepfather beanstalk sourmash spike trap video dog wind fart winesink. 

Are you ill? :P

On 1/21/2017 at 11:37 AM, Universal Sword Donor said:

and the in-world resources tell us they seem/appear to be identical minus coloring

<snip

In-universe we know they both have the same sharpness. That's it, unless there's more in TWOIAF? Cause I haven't read that yet.

On 1/21/2017 at 10:33 AM, purple-eyes said:

<snip

<snip

On 1/21/2017 at 11:37 AM, Universal Sword Donor said:

and the in-world resources tell us they seem/appear to be identical minus coloring. Asteroid/comet iron is no different than earth iron. If it were, it wouldn't be iron.

It's made from the "heart" of a fallen star. We don't know that it was iron in the star. 

If Dayne is using Dawn, I think he'd win but not by much. Nice as Valyrian Steel is, no one ever said it would make the difference in a duel with Barristan the Bold.

5 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

In-universe we know they both have the same sharpness. That's it, unless there's more in TWOIAF? Cause I haven't read that yet.

It's made from the "heart" of a fallen star. We don't know that it was iron in the star. 

If Dayne is using Dawn, I think he'd win but not by much. Nice as Valyrian Steel is, no one ever said it would make the difference in a duel with Barristan the Bold.

If you don't know, you don't need to contradict me. You don't know, so don't. Pretty simple. Or you could just read TWOIAF or the wiki FFS

7 hours ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

If you don't know, you don't need to contradict me. You don't know, so don't. Pretty simple. Or you could just read TWOIAF or the wiki FFS

It was not about contradicting you. It was about discussing the swords. You were not the only person quoted. 

I've read the wiki, but I don't know how often it's updated. I was allowing for the possibility that there is more info available, and you might have said info and be interested in sharing it with other fans for the sake of the discussion. Apparently I was mistaken.

13 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

It was not about contradicting you. It was about discussing the swords. You were not the only person quoted. 

I've read the wiki, but I don't know how often it's updated. I was allowing for the possibility that there is more info available, and you might have said info and be interested in sharing it with other fans for the sake of the discussion. Apparently I was mistaken.

You could have just asked. You did not. I wasn't the only person you quoted, but that particular response was directed at me. I already gave said info and you decided to just trash it. 

21 hours ago, Quellon said:

Are you ill? :P

My response is as rational and articulate as possible for stupid questions like "who would win in a fight between two fictional characters that would never meet and that the readers have never seen?"
and it seems my comments have been deleted 

8 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

My response is as rational and articulate as possible for stupid questions like "who would win in a fight between two fictional characters that would never meet and that the readers have never seen?"
and it seems my comments have been deleted 

And rightly so. Shouldn't you be on some other forum, like PRETENTIOUSNESS FORUM?:rolleyes:

On 1/23/2017 at 10:49 AM, Universal Sword Donor said:

You could have just asked. You did not. I wasn't the only person you quoted, but that particular response was directed at me. I already gave said info and you decided to just trash it. 

I didn't trash anything. You could maybe try not taking things personally.

21 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

I am on the pretentious forum. If I wanted a rational forum without things like epic completely serious Stannis worship I would be on reddit ;)

I don't think so. I don't worship Stannis at all, in fact in another thread about Brotherhood Without Banners I criticised him. Ha!

Archived