Where does Danny land?

hallam

The one event that has been certain from episode 1 is that Danny will land in Westeros. Now one possibility is that the Armada lands in Kings Landing, it was where the Targareans landed after all. But that is probably not the best choice strategically. It would probably be better to land somewhere else, fortify and force Cersei to make an attack.

The place I would go to before Kings Landing is Casterly Rock. Tyrion might well be able to persuade the locals to surrender in the face of irresistible force.

On 1/26/2017 at 10:14 AM, hallam said:

The one event that has been certain from episode 1 is that Danny will land in Westeros. Now one possibility is that the Armada lands in Kings Landing, it was where the Targareans landed after all. But that is probably not the best choice strategically. It would probably be better to land somewhere else, fortify and force Cersei to make an attack.

The place I would go to before Kings Landing is Casterly Rock. Tyrion might well be able to persuade the locals to surrender in the face of irresistible force.

I strongly predict it will be Dragonstone.

Not only does it make a LOT of sense, but as I understand it from what we know of Season 7 (such as which actors are filming on which sets) it's almost a guarantee.

Other opinions are always welcome, though, of course.

On 1/26/2017 at 8:44 PM, hallam said:

Why should anyone listen to demon monkey ..his PR is more damaged than dany ..

The targs landed on dragonstone and dany will land there too ..a place where she was born and her house  

The Targs didn't land on Dragonstone, they were already there. As I understand Dragonstone was a frontier settlement for the Valayrians who were gearing up for a conquest of Westeros after enslaving pretty much the entirety of Essos until the doom came. Targs were the lucky Family posted to Dragonstone and after the doom, Targs being Targs, had to rule something so Aegon landed in the Crownlands on the spot that is now Kingslanding.

But yeh Dany likely lands at Dragonstone.

7 hours ago, KINGpanther said:

The Targs didn't land on Dragonstone, they were already there. As I understand Dragonstone was a frontier settlement for the Valayrians who were gearing up for a conquest of Westeros after enslaving pretty much the entirety of Essos until the doom came. Targs were the lucky Family posted to Dragonstone and after the doom, Targs being Targs, had to rule something so Aegon landed in the Crownlands on the spot that is now Kingslanding.

I don't know that luck had anything to do with it, unless you consider prophecy "luck".  The Targs fled to Dragonstone to avoid the upcoming Doom.  If Dragonstone had already been occupied by another Dragonlord family, the Targs might have had to settle somewhere else, but I don't remember anything to indicate they were "posted" there by someone in authority.

13 hours ago, KINGpanther said:

They moved to dragonstone before doom and had been there for nearly 150 years before the conquest..

to the targs being targs, as if other houses in westeros was so peace loving and satisfied people who got hurt by power hungry targs ..right

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2017 at 8:34 PM, Cron said:

I strongly predict it will be Dragonstone.

Not only does it make a LOT of sense, but as I understand it from what we know of Season 7 (such as which actors are filming on which sets) it's almost a guarantee.

Other opinions are always welcome, though, of course.

Dragonstone makes absolutely zero sense. She has a extremely large army with tons of horses that need to be feed on top of the people in her army as well.

They won't be able to make camp there, never mind the food aspect of it, the island will simply be to small for everybody to debark on.

George has stated that we will be seeing Casterly Rock in the remaining books which may indicate that they will be landing there. However the rock does seem like a bit of detour. But if she does eventually link up with Tyrion it does seem possible as he does know it very well and might know some secret passage ways if there are any. Also there is a chance that Cersei may be there too which means that the Valonqar prophecy maybe fulfilled. 

On 2/16/2017 at 4:19 AM, Nocturne said:

Dragonstone makes absolutely zero sense. She has a extremely large army with tons of horses that need to be feed on top of the people in her army as well.

They won't be able to make camp there, never mind the food aspect of it, the island will simply be to small for everybody to debark on.

Interesting.

My belief, though, is that both GRRM and the show don't worry very much about stuff like "Where are all these people and animals getting food???

Consider the wildling horde of about 100,000.  Uhhhhh...where were all those people getting food??  Dunno.  Stannis' army?  Same thing.  Dothraki hordes? Same thing.

I believe the fleet is going to split, with a portion of the Dothraki landing in Dorne to meet with the Dornishmen and head North to ravage the Storm Lands and parts of the Reach. Another force will take Dany to Dragonstone, while a third heads for Casterly Rock and Lannisport. 

With a large army, Dany has the luxury of splitting her forces and still having more than Westeros.

Archived