[SPOILERS] Black Sails Season 4: All that glitters is not Silver

GallowKnight

I just want to say that I think this new thread is shiny and chrome and it saddens me that it's probably going to be the last Black Sails thread on this forum :crying: I hope this series is going to be able to end in grace.

Excellent start to the season.

This episode was long on action with the great cinematography I've come to expect with this show.

Jack trying to prove himself, Blackbeard stepping things up a level, and Anne as the voice of reason?

Was expecting a joke from Madi about "Long John Silver".

Billy finally acting and asserting himself.

Woodes Rogers is a fine antagonist. Interesting development for him this episode.

Max's juggling act has become just a bit repetitive.

Flint is still fantastic, but I'm sensing he feels his power inevitably slipping away for good this season. The waxing and waning of Silver and Flint has been a central theme of the show for a while and it's so interesting to watch. Hopefully Flint has a spectacular ending if that is the route the showrunners are taking this final season.

And sadly, the goat has left the building.

RIP The Walrus (again) RIP the Goat.

That was a strong season opener and a good set-up for what's to come. An quite the reversal from where we left off in season 3. The whole pirate rebellion almost crashing down immediately. I like how Flint's stance within the rebellion and leadership is getting challenged and the idea of his importance diminishing and look forward to seeing how that will play out. Blackbeard is steadily getting better and I look forward to more of him too.

Woodes Roger's remains a very strong antagonist and I really like the new British captain we've gotten (at least I think he's new). I do enjoy Elanor Guthrie too in her new role, but Max feels like she's kind off played out her role in the show.

Billy's arms remains very impressive.

The sinking sequence was great and continues Black Sail's tradition of chaotic and frantic ship sequences. The ship battle with Jack & the gang was a little bit disappointing in comparison. 

Oh yeah, that opening credits sequence is probably my favourite of all time.

Fun start to the season! Loved Ray Stevenson as Teach. He didn't do much, but what he did do had masses of charisma. 

I don't agree that Max has run out of steam - to me, it looks as if she's being set up to double cross Mr Rogers, which I will enjoy. 

Cap'n Flint increasingly just gives the impression that he's waiting to die. His expression when he visited what I assume had been Mrs Barlow's house said it all. Fetch aft the rum, Darby McGraw!

Interested to see what happens with Madi. I imagine that her support will tip the balance of the scales between Flint and Bones - and I can't imagine she'd be averse to the idea of freeing a slave plantation, even if some of the ex-slaves immediately end up as canon fodder. With Nassau held by Rogers, the majority would just be captured and re-enslaved or killed - so in her view, no doubt the ends would justify the means. 

Billy Bones's arms look increasingly repulsive especially when he crosses them. I rather hope they're prosthetic. Body building: :stillsick:

Archived