Denis Villenueve to direct Dune

Mark Antony

• 4 weeks later...

Discussing who to cast as Thufir, I was musing Rami Malek. It would cement the casting as a who's who of actors-of-the-moment, but he can pull off the "unblinking human computer" thing very well.

35 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Discussing who to cast as Thufir, I was musing Rami Malek. It would cement the casting as a who's who of actors-of-the-moment, but he can pull off the "unblinking human computer" thing very well.

The IMDB lists Stephen McKinley Henderson without stating what role he is. My first thought was Thufir, though I came across a site that claims Liet Kynes (which would be a mistake just based on the fact that Liet is a tall, thin Fremen).

36 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m just making it explicit.  His poor failed attempts to recreate the world Frank Herbert made real are just so very sad.

Not to derail too much but people on other sites are sharing their "I met KJA once t a con and he's a shitheel" stories and they are all both sad and amusing and sometimes a little scary.

Tweedledee and Tweedledum have published a dozen pieces of poor fan fiction that use the names of characters and places, while giving every indication that neither of them has actually read a single FH book. Hopefully the people making the movies are, at most, pretending to listen to them while not actually implementing anything they say or suggest.

Archived