Denis Villenueve to direct Dune

Mark Antony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Seems this movie is going to get well into the Muad'dib book, if not all of it, as they've cast Jamis and even Harrah. Now they could be jumping around the time line but I can't see why they'd bother to bringing secondary characters up earlier in the story. 

My guess is they end on the worm ride? That's a good epic ending and pretty pivotal but it would mean (I think?) they're doing all of the first two books within the novel. 

Jon Spaihts to step down as showrunner for the announced TV series Dune: Sisterhood, but he will focus on a potential sequel for the movie.

Picked up to series in June, Spaihts turned in one draft of a script and a revised outline for the female-focused take on Frank Herbert's beloved novel. Sources say Legendary TV was not happy with the early work Spaihts turned in and opted to remove him as showrunner on the production so he can instead focus on the yet-to-be formally announced film sequel to the forthcoming Dune feature.

Not sure if this is good or bad, as he also co-wrote the movie with Villeneuve.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Vaughn said:

GTFOH with your reasonable expectations. 

Yes, Dec. 18 in the US. Which I hate, because I've come to detest going to my local, cold-as-hell theater. I'm gonna have to drive to another town to see it. Not sitting in the the cold for (probably) 3 hrs.

Now, here's some stuff to wet the appetite. The first footage was screened, and even with unfinished effects, it's still drawing praise. https://movieweb.com/dune-movie-2020-first-footage-description/

And then there was a leaked on set image of some ornithopters.

On 11/5/2019 at 4:09 PM, Corvinus said:

Jon Spaihts to step down as showrunner for the announced TV series Dune: Sisterhood, but he will focus on a potential sequel for the movie.

Not sure if this is good or bad, as he also co-wrote the movie with Villeneuve.

This and the Executive Production credits of both Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson really make me nervous about this production.

18 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

This and the Executive Production credits of both Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson really make me nervous about this production.

Lot of EP credits don't mean anything in practical terms. It might just been something the studio had to throw-in to the deal to get the rights to make the movie.

Stephen King has an EP credit on almost every TV adaptation of his works (on movies he usually takes a writing credit instead); it doesn't mean he has anything to do with all those projects.

Archived