What role Victarion will have

Putin

As we know Victarion Greyjoy is on his way  to Daenerys.Now consider this :

- He has ships which Daenerys needs 

- he also wants to marry her (Instead of his brother)

- he has dragonbinder which allows person to control dragons.

Now my question is what you think will happen ?

Will Daenerys marry Victarion cause she needs ships?

What if Daenerys rejects Victarion ?Can Daenerys really control her dragons ? If not would Victarion use his horn to steač dragons and put them to his control.

Its pretty clear Victarion will have some role in events that will come.

He can blow the horn, control the dragons and marry Daenerys agains't her will anyway. The ironborn do these kind of things.

Perharps Moqorro can sacrifice Victarion to give Daenerys full control over the dragons. 

There are many possibilities. I hope he doesn't end dead though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jasonothegreat

Every Book has had that one Storyline Abruptly ended by some sheer unstoppable force. Be it Ned in AGOT, Renly in ACOK, Robb in ASOS, (I had one for AFFC I will update it this when I remember it), Quentyn in ADOD... I believe either Victarion will probably be the abruptly ending storyline in WOW

Hey @Putin

Victarion and Moqorro could always try to sell/gift Dragonbinder to Dany.

Who knows what they would ask for in return, but if Dany were to be convinced of the horns power, why would't she want it? If we asume the horns power is comparable to the mental bonding process experienced by skinchangers and their beasts, then Daenerys could be primed to do as no other Targaryen has before and control more than one dragon at a time.

Let's not forget, Viserion and Rhaegal have been in captivity for a long time, and should they prove to have grown to wild and hostile to Dany when she returns, the hellhorn could be her only option to reconnect with her children.

If she were able to enter the mind of a dragon and exert control, who knows the capabilities? While we currently have no evidence how or if the horn actually works, the "bind dragons to a mans will" remarks do sound similiar to Varamry Sixskins description of skinchanging 

"Once a horse is broken to the saddle, any man can mount him. Once a beast’s been joined to a man, any skinchanger can slip inside and ride him. Orell was withering inside his feathers, so I took the eagle for my own. But the joining works both ways, warg. Orell lives inside me now, whispering how much he hates you. And I can soar above the Wall, and see with eagle eyes."

If Dragonbinder can grant the owner abilities like a "beastling", Dany could in theory command her dragons to tear off and fly away with those giant gold domes that sit atop The Temple of The Graces.  If The Conqueror melted down his enemies swords to make a throne, wouldn't it be something if Dany melted down her enemies roof to help fund her campaign?

Moqorro seems to be exerting large influence over Victarion, and with Daenerys being proclaimed by High Priest Benerro as "Azor Ahai reborn", aswell as the bad blood between the brothers Greyjoy, The Iron Captain could certainly find himself swayed to The Breaker of Chains cause. He may stand to gain more through an alliance with Dany than he would by merely acting as a glorified taxi service for his brothers perversions. 

Vic does say he wants Dany to be his bride so this may not seem like the most plausible of scenarios, but he also been traumatised by Eurons madness over the years, especially when it came to his wife. Many seem to brand Victarion as a dimwitted brute, but is he foolish enough to grant the man who impregnated his wife almost godlike power? 

In short, if Victarion is bold enough to try and marry Daenerys even though the royal decree is to bring her back for the king, then he is probably bold enough to change the plan again and pledge fealty to the Dragon Queen.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope nothing bad happens to Victarion. Apparently everyone thinks of him as some dumbass, but he actually happens to be one of my top five POV characters. I'm assuming he's going to present Dragonbinder to Daenerys, as a way to give the finger to Euron. She's going to see this as an act of peace, or neutrality, and hopefully ally with Victarion. Something about him is just so intriguing.

8 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

The House of the Undying prophecy implies that Victarion will marry Danny and give her a child. Then he has to die, because he's babydaddy two of three and there just isn't that much time left.

what prophercy exactly

7 hours ago, Putin said:

what prophercy exactly

The House of the Undying gives us the single longest and most detailed first-hand exposure to prophecy in the whole series. That doesn't mean it's necessarily reliable: the Undying have motivations we don't necessarily understand, and earlier visions on her way to meet with the Undying were almost certainly deceptions (while others did appear to be prophetic in retrospect, such as the Red Wedding premonition).

The quatrain in question is as follows:

Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars.
A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly.
A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.
... mother of dragons, bride of fire...

Generally this quatrain is interpreted to refer to the fathers of Dany's three children, though not everyone agrees. ("Bride of Fire" implies the quatrain is about marriage, to make it work we need a reason why Hizdahr would be excluded, hence the "fathers of the children" interpretation, since Hizdahr never gave her a child.) The first is a pretty clear reference to her wedding night with Drogo. The third is difficult to connect to anyone but Jon Snow (blue rose is a common Jon Snow symbol throughout the series). The second is less clear, but most agree that "grey lips smiling sadly" is meant to imply "Greyjoy", and currently Victarion Greyjoy is on a ship heading towards Dany with the intention of marrying her, and it helps that he is exactly her type. Why is he called a "corpse"? It's not clear what Moqorro did to Victarion. Did he really cure him of the poison and/or infection? Why does his arm look burnt?

The only other mainstream interpretation of that stanza is that the corpse in question refers to Jon Connington, aka "Griff" who has Greyscale. He's a corpse because he's dying of the disease and the grey lips also fit. However, that doesn't fit into any interpretation of the quatrain as a whole, since there's no reason to believe that Connington and Dany would marry. That interpretation requires one to conclude that the quatrains are meaningless groupings of unrelated images. I reject that, but your mileage may vary.

On 05/03/2017 at 1:41 AM, Damon_Tor said:

The House of the Undying prophecy implies that Victarion will marry Danny and give her a child. Then he has to die, because he's babydaddy two of three and there just isn't that much time left.

I believe it is Victarion in the prophecy but i don't think he will get Dany with child.

I think the vision is of those who play a major role in her story going forward , it doesnt matter that Hizadr isn't a part of it because he is just a distraction keeping her in Mereen.

Drogo ,Victarion and Jon Snow are the characters who will and have played a major role in her life , for example:

Drogo = Dead Viserys & Dragons

Victarion = Transport to Westeros

Jon Snow = Nephew

On 2/1/2017 at 9:43 PM, Putin said:

As we know Victarion Greyjoy is on his way  to Daenerys.Now consider this :

- He has ships which Daenerys needs 

- he also wants to marry her (Instead of his brother)

- he has dragonbinder which allows person to control dragons.

Now my question is what you think will happen ?

Will Daenerys marry Victarion cause she needs ships?

What if Daenerys rejects Victarion ?Can Daenerys really control her dragons ? If not would Victarion use his horn to steač dragons and put them to his control.

Its pretty clear Victarion will have some role in events that will come.

Well, turns out she is not in Meeren. She is out in the Dothraki sea and probably will take a while to return.

The ships that Victarion brought are not enough to take her to Westeros. Behind Victarion, the Volantene fleet is coming and they indeed have enough ships. It is also unclear what dragonbinder does, we'll see. Drogon is anyway fully under Dany's control.

And many people think that Victarion will likely die early in Winds.

On 3/5/2017 at 8:23 PM, Damon_Tor said:

Generally this quatrain is interpreted to refer to the fathers of Dany's three children, though not everyone agrees. ("Bride of Fire" implies the quatrain is about marriage, to make it work we need a reason why Hizdahr would be excluded, hence the "fathers of the children" interpretation, since Hizdahr never gave her a child.) The first is a pretty clear reference to her wedding night with Drogo. The third is difficult to connect to anyone but Jon Snow (blue rose is a common Jon Snow symbol throughout the series). The second is less clear, but most agree that "grey lips smiling sadly" is meant to imply "Greyjoy", and currently Victarion Greyjoy is on a ship heading towards Dany with the intention of marrying her, and it helps that he is exactly her type. Why is he called a "corpse"? It's not clear what Moqorro did to Victarion. Did he really cure him of the poison and/or infection? Why does his arm look burnt?

The only other mainstream interpretation of that stanza is that the corpse in question refers to Jon Connington, aka "Griff" who has Greyscale. He's a corpse because he's dying of the disease and the grey lips also fit. However, that doesn't fit into any interpretation of the quatrain as a whole, since there's no reason to believe that Connington and Dany would marry. That interpretation requires one to conclude that the quatrains are meaningless groupings of unrelated images. I reject that, but your mileage may vary.

Yeah, the first and third are easy. The second is complicated, It is obviously not  Hizdah,   but "grey lips smiling sadly" doesn't strike me as the typical Victarion mood, neither Euron's. Maybe it's Theon?

Now, in the first vision you don't see Drogo, you see Dany's horse. It means that the vision is connected to the "bridegroom" but it's not necessarily he/she. Maybe is JonCon looking for Dany after he learns that Aegon is false?

I don't know.

Archived