TTTNE (v.468) AB I - a title of one's own

HexMachina

4 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

@First of My Name can we have a tally? 7-6 to the anarchists who can't decide what they stand for? 

You need to break free of the narrow minded concepts of your past! 

Why must we bow to the tyranny of absolution?! Why can we not embrace possibility!? Why can we not embrace freedom from rules?! Freedom from rulers!?

There may come a day when the oppression of normality is imposed upon us, where the very geekery of our souls is stricken from our hearts, when we have to bow to your phony rules, but it is not this day! This day we fight!

This is what I fought for last year, and that is what I fight for now. I fight for what is right!

5 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

You need to break free of the narrow minded concepts of your past! 

Why must we bow to the tyranny of absolution?! Why can we not embrace possibility!? Why can we not embrace freedom from rules?! Freedom from rulers!?

There may come a day when the oppression of normality is imposed upon us, where the very geekery of our souls is stricken from our hearts, when we have to bow to your phony rules, but it is not this day! This day we fight!

This is what I fought for last year, and that is what I fight for now. I fight for what is right!

You are fighting for a non existent problem with a problem. What a deal. 

Don't let the blind unbased propaganda fool you! 

JQC wants democracy, freedom, light and happiness for this thread. She wants us all to prosper under the light without fear of alleged constaints. She wants to save us all from darkness where the demagogue leaders of anarchy would take us! 

Wake up, voters! Open your eyes! Choose freedom! Choose the light! Choose JQC! 

3 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Don't walk into a future of darkness and chaos. Choose democracy and light! Choose the promise of prosperity under a just queen, JqC, who will give you fun and freedom instead of gloomy warning of an alleged problem. 

That's a pretty confusing message you're peddling right now. And you still insist people need to be ruled over. That people can't rule themselves. That is the way of the past, those are the shackles of our history. And we need to cast them off, and trust in ourselves and our hearts, for a greater, brighter, lewder future. 

1 minute ago, ab aeterno said:

That's a pretty confusing message you're peddling right now. And you still insist people need to be ruled over. That people can't rule themselves. That is the way of the past, those are the shackles of our history. And we need to cast them off, and trust in ourselves and our hearts, for a greater, brighter, lewder future. 

Democracy IS people ruling themselves. 

3 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Democracy IS people ruling themselves. 

1 minute ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

You are right of course.

Democracy is not people ruling themselves. Democracy is the majority of the mob ruling the others. Imposing their will on the others. 

Democracy is just people choosing what rules get imposed on everyone.

Just now, ab aeterno said:

Democracy is not people ruling themselves. Democracy is the majority of the mob ruling the others. Imposing their will on the others. 

I had said this before but I will repeat myself: anarchy the way you're selling it is an illusion. 

7 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Democracy is just people choosing what rules get imposed on everyone.

Not true. By definition; 

democracy
noun UK /dɪˈmɒk.rə.si/ US /-ˈmɑː.krə-/

B2 [ U ] the belief in freedom and equality between people, or a system of government based on this belief, in which power is either held by elected representatives or directly by the people themselves:
The government has promised to uphold the principles of democracy.
The early 1990s saw the spread of democracy in Eastern Europe.

B2 [ C ] a country in which power is held by elected representatives:
Few of the Western democracies still have a royal family.http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/democracy

On the other hand anarchy is a people taking other people's freedom becaus they feel like it.

3 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Everything is an illusion until we bring it into existence. 

Definition of illusion

1. 1a obsolete  :  the action of deceivingb (1) :  the state or fact of being intellectually deceived or misled :  misapprehension (2) :  an instance of such deception

2. 2a (1) :  a misleading image presented to the vision (2) :  something that deceives or misleads intellectuallyb (1) :  perception of something objectively existing in such a way as to cause misinterpretation of its actual nature (2) :  hallucination 1 (3) :  a pattern capable of reversible perspective

43 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You would betray a fellow ginger? Et tu, Brute?

Especially the prequels *shudder* 

And memes,gifs, videos and other funnies are an absolutely essential part of spamming. Anyone who stands against this must be opposed.

@Buckwheat just think, without videos you would never have learned what Time Warp was from us. You wouldnt get the funny Yoda Seagulls video, or awesome soundtracks.

And also,Rhae spoiled you on Vikings, so you vote should go to us as a matter of principle! 

Hey!, I was awesome in the prequels, granted I was the only awesome thing in them but still, a little appreciation!.

6 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Not true. By definition; 

Uh, no. As I'm sure I don't have to point out to you, the word "democracy" comes from the Greek Dēmokratía, meaning "rule of the commoners/people," from demos (people/mob) and kratos (power or strength).

It refers to any system where power or rule is rooted in some form of the body populace, though not necessarily equally. 

In practice, any democracy that doesn't require unanimity, is a system whereby a majority impose their power on a minority. It is in this way no different from any other form of dictatorship, other than the size of the power base. 

5 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Not true. By definition; 

On the other hand anarchy is a people taking other people's freedom becaus they feel like it.

Anarchy also comes from the Greek  anarchia, meaning no rulers/leaders/authority.

5 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Definition of illusion

1. 1a obsolete  :  the action of deceivingb (1) :  the state or fact of being intellectually deceived or misled :  misapprehension (2) :  an instance of such deception

2. 2a (1) :  a misleading image presented to the vision (2) :  something that deceives or misleads intellectuallyb (1) :  perception of something objectively existing in such a way as to cause misinterpretation of its actual nature (2) :  hallucination 1 (3) :  a pattern capable of reversible perspective

I was speaking rather more metaphorically. I am not bound by the mundane rules of normality and boringness. 

5 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Anarchy also comes from the Greek  anarchia, meaning no rulers/leaders/authority.

6 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Uh, no. As I'm sure I don't have to point out to you, the word "democracy" comes from the Greek Dēmokratía, meaning "rule of the commoners/people," from demos (people) and kratos (power or strength).

Oh really I had no idea...

In democracy people have the right to choose which is the civilized thing to do. In anarchy the mightiest is the one who makes the rules, which means that someone doesn't need IQ just meat which is primitive. What is next? Taking someone's home because he isn't strong enough to fight back? 

Archived