TTTNE (v.468) AB I - a title of one's own

HexMachina

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It is the other job, not the office one ... the one that is almost exclusively done from home at weird hours because nobody actually employs proofreaders.

Shameful confession: I like that hairstyle. :blushing:

I swear I am otherwise I sane person.

You forgot  "How many, how many, how many?" *stab stab stab*

May he rest in peace.

Oh I see. But you do get money for this, right? 

Man bun is a weird thing. It looks good on some hippi hipster guys and it also looks hot as a costume design in fantasy/medieval series (again, on the right head) but it's also not something a sophisticated man would ever do to their hair. I knew someone who hand long hair for a good couple years and wore it in a pony tail *shudders* and then shaved it all off and  went for skinhead. Best decision of his life, I hope he hasn't grown his hair back out since then. 

I'm hungry and this new yoga instructor wasn't great. 

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

cats are knowm sociopaths.

But they appreciate the value of a really good human slave. Even if they don't often show it.

5 hours ago, Quoth said:

Morning, all. :)

Good morning! (Now there's an oxymoron for you...)

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh I see. But you do get money for this, right? 

Man bun is a weird thing. It looks good on some hippi hipster guys and it also looks hot as a costume design in fantasy/medieval series (again, on the right head) but it's also not something a sophisticated man would ever do to their hair. I knew someone who hand long hair for a good couple years and wore it in a pony tail *shudders* and then shaved it all off and  went for skinhead. Best decision of his life, I hope he hasn't grown his hair back out since then. 

I'm hungry and this new yoga instructor wasn't great. 

Yes, I do. I can describe my work and all-the-other-projects situation in PM some time when I am not that tired.

I do not like shaved heads, and I especially do not care for the half-shaved half-long style that I see people of both genders wear. I do not think it looks good on anybody. But I like long hair on guys (if it is cared for, obviously) maybe just because it is something different, most guys have short hair.

What is a sophisticated man, anyway?

And, yay, spring!

Tomorrow is going to be good, I am looking forward to it. :)

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, I do. I can describe my work and all-the-other-projects situation in PM some time when I am not that tired.

I do not like shaved heads, and I especially do not care for the half-shaved half-long style that I see people of both genders wear. I do not think it looks good on anybody. But I like long hair on guys (if it is cared for, obviously) maybe just because it is something different, most guys have short hair.

What is a sophisticated man, anyway?

And, yay, spring!

Tomorrow is going to be good, I am looking forward to it. :)

I didn't mean to be nosy, I just don't think anybody should do unpaid/overtime/etc work. 

Oh I do... again, it requires the right bone structure, not every man looks good with a shaved head, but those who do... I like shaved heads. (Yes, I know that sounds dirty.) 

a sophisticated person is well groomed, well dressed, well read, interested in culture, can express themselves correctly and elegantly in speech and writing, has emotional intelligence and social sensitivity, doesn't use cuss words as modifiers, behaves appropriately and isn't a trend snob. Or at least that's my definition of sophisticated. 

11 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I didn't mean to be nosy, I just don't think anybody should do unpaid/overtime/etc work. 

Oh I do... again, it requires the right bone structure, not every man looks good with a shaved head, but those who do... I like shaved heads. (Yes, I know that sounds dirty.) 

a sophisticated person is well groomed, well dressed, well read, interested in culture, can express themselves correctly and elegantly in speech and writing, has emotional intelligence and social sensitivity, doesn't use cuss words as modifiers, behaves appropriately and isn't a trend snob. Or at least that's my definition of sophisticated. 

Did you just paraphrase Mr. Darcy on what is an accomplished woman?

37 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Well I'm definitely not sophisticated :lol: 

54 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Okay we're all disqualified then, if only for the swear words :P 

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I was doing so well until this bit!.

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Did you just paraphrase Mr. Darcy on what is an accomplished woman?

I never watched or read pride and prejudice. 

8 hours ago, First of My Name said:

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well I'm definitely not sophisticated :lol: 

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I was doing so well until this bit!.

This wasn't trying to state something offensive like "you are all unsophisticated bastards". She asked something and I answered. I'm not sophisticated either and while that kinda hurts my ego sometimes, it's okay, because if we were all sophisticated being sophisticated wouldn't be something special. 

Whst do you think a sophisticated person's like? 

11 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I don't use many swear words, but that is about the only criterium for Rhae I fulfil. Very much not accomplished. :lol:

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I never watched or read pride and prejudice.

Actually I was wrong, it was not Mr. Darcy, it was Miss Bingley.

And you should read it, it is very entertaining.

6 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I don't use many swear words, but that is about the only criterium for Rhae I fulfil. Very much not accomplished. :lol:

On first glance I read this as "I don't use many swords." Now I'm disappointed. 

30 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Actually I was wrong, it was not Mr. Darcy, it was Miss Bingley.

And you should read it, it is very entertaining.

I Will.  It would be the first step towards being well read which I'm not. 

But really, what you guys consider sophisticated? 

And YAY I can not only type, I can type in English. I'm sure I'm okay. (Fell off a horse half an hour ago) 

5 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

And YAY I can not only type, I can type in English. I'm sure I'm okay. (Fell off a horse half an hour ago) 

Yikes! I hope you are fine.

I would consider horseback riding to be a sophisticated hobby to start with. ;)

I am going swimming to a spa with the supernatural entity today! :commie:

57 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Well, basically this part of what you said: interested in culture, can express themselves correctly and elegantly in speech and writing, has emotional intelligence and social sensitivity,  behaves appropriately. I'm partial to the rest.

Sophistication is a profoundly conservative social construction to reinforce societal prejudices. Nothing makes "sophisticated" things sophisticated except for preconceived notions that there is some truth in these subjective notions. Elegance, culture, expression, intelligence, social sensitivity, appropriateness - they're all just subjective ideas, meaningless outside of their original context. 

Archived