New Thread Idea - AMWYW

zelticgar

22 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Isn't it wiser to direct all inquiries to the nearest donkey?

Oh, I think "wiser" is a real stretch.

I've got a question:

Whilst in the long and difficult process of transcending the earthly and mundane, is it normal to cultivate a deeply-held belief that Kim Kardashian is actually a Sufi master?

5 hours ago, Nas! said:

Why? Have you lost faith in the Wisdom of donkeys? I put myself into a cocoon and meta-morphed myself into a penguin from a chicken on the advice of an all powerful, all knowing donkey. I'd hate to think that I had erred.

At any rate, you sure as hell can't put your trust in a wolf. He never answered my initial question.

10 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

What are your next winter hikes?  

With my kids basketball season in full swing it has been tough to break away. That changes this month though. I am planning to hike Mount Moosilauke this weekend. A winter hike of Owl's Head is planned for March and at some point I plan to hike the Moat Mountain range and get up to Mount Washinton. 

9 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Is anyone else nostalgic now for YoungWolf?  What happened to him and Mya and Mav, or did I just answer my own question?

I'm nostalgic for many of our long lost board members. I'm nostalgic for the good old days where there was cross over between Gen Chat and discussion of the books, I miss the limited moderation and the open flow of ideas that used to happen on this board. It has now been overtaken by too much moderation and diversity of opinion is openly discouraged. Unfortunately with the growth of series the board has mirrored the books and become a bloated cluster, full of too many characters who don't add value. I also think the board went downhill when long time posters started changing their posting names. It became impossible to keep track of who is who and eventually I just gave up. And most of all I miss the good old days where GRRM could actually complete a book inside a decade. 

8 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

What are your 3 favorite Aerosmith songs?

What it Takes - came out my senior year in high school just in time to coincide with my first big break up drama. Listened to it endlessly while wallowing in the sorrow of lost puppy love and heartache. 

Dream On - This is a top 5 GOAT for all songs. Amazing arrangement, amazing vocals, amazing message. Amazingly perfect as the last song for middle school dances in the 80's. Right up there with Stairway to Heaven and Freebird. 

Sweet Emotion should probably be #3 (almost a tie with Walk this Way)

I'm slightly more partial to the early recordings but those late 80's and early 90's albums were packed with great songs. I also think that any comparison between Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones needs to end with the conclusion that Aerosmith is the better band. The Stones are cool but their music does not appeal to me like Aerosmith. 

On 2/4/2017 at 1:31 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

Isn't it wiser to direct all inquiries to the nearest donkey?

Edit: Crap. I was going to do the correct thing and resurrect the old "Dear Donkey..." thread, but apparently it was archived in June 2015.

Better late than ignored. Any person coming to me for wisdom is not a wise person. Given the choice between a donkey and a Zelt, one must always choose the jackass. 

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

That long.

No shit, never seen such a trigger happy group of mods in my life. 

7 hours ago, Nas! said:

I've got a question:

Whilst in the long and difficult process of transcending the earthly and mundane, is it normal to cultivate a deeply-held belief that Kim Kardashian is actually a Sufi master?

I think you are confusing Kim Kardashian the person, with the mystical powers of her posterior. It transcends the person and controls the entire universe. My theory is that it is similar to the mystical ellcrys tree and acts a wall to hold back the destructive creative mastery of Kanye from being unleashed on the world. 

8 hours ago, zelticgar said:

What it Takes - came out my senior year in high school just in time to coincide with my first big break up drama. Listened to it endlessly while wallowing in the sorrow of lost puppy love and heartache. 

Dream On - This is a top 5 GOAT for all songs. Amazing arrangement, amazing vocals, amazing message. Amazingly perfect as the last song for middle school dances in the 80's. Right up there with Stairway to Heaven and Freebird. 

Sweet Emotion should probably be #3 (almost a tie with Walk this Way)

I'm slightly more partial to the early recordings but those late 80's and early 90's albums were packed with great songs. I also think that any comparison between Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones needs to end with the conclusion that Aerosmith is the better band. The Stones are cool but their music does not appeal to me like Aerosmith. 

Nice choices, I knew a New Englander would have an opinion on them. I'm fond of the real early work of Bostons coolest export-

"Lord of the Thighs"

"Last Child"

"Mama Kin"

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Nice choices, I knew a New Englander would have an opinion on them. I'm fond of the real early work of Bostons coolest export-

"Lord of the Thighs"

"Last Child"

"Mama Kin"

I remember playing Big Ten Inch endlessly with my friends when my brother told us about it. We always listened to the red greatest hits album but Toys in the Attic was a great album as well. When I graduated college i had an apartment on Commonwealth Ave and we met some guys that lived next to the old Aerosmith apartment on Comm Ave. It is kind of thing in Boston to walk by the place. They lived there in the early 70's.

Brad Whitford grew up in my home town and I remember seeing concert posters from a few very early gigs that they played just as the group was forming. Everyone in my town would bring up how they used to play there in the very early days. 

A couple of other thoughts on Aerosmith - they deserve significant credit for assisting in the commercialization of Rap music due to their collaboration with Run DMC. They also should get a fair amount of credit for elevating the cinematography of music videos through their Crying, Amazin and Crazy videos. I'll admit the songs were somewhat derivative but those music videos were so far ahead of others in the presentation that it forced the genre to elevate to more cinematic presentation.  

Archived