NFL Superbowl: Dont Waste My Overtime

Jace, Extat

Congrats to Dante, Rock, lancerman, and all other Pats fans on this board. What an awesome victory for you guys. That was one absolutely incredible comeback, although by the middle of the 4th quarter a Pats victory did kinda feel inevitable to me. Its just what Brady and Belichick do. 

Still surreal the Patriots came all the way back. Their comeback started so slow with a missed XP, a failed onside kick, and then another drive leading just to a FG. But considering it was 28-3 in the 3rd quarter, and the stakes involved, this has to eclipse even Bills-Oilers as the greatest comeback ever. Matt Ryan is not going to sleep for a year thinking of that strip sack. 

Brady nearly tripled Ryan in pass attempts 62 to 23 and Patriots ran 88 offensive plays compared to 41 for the Falcons. Patriots really took the fangs out of the Falcons offense...by granting them a massive freaking lead. 

@Michael Seswatha Jordan

I just wouldn't count out Brady and the Hoodie.

I wanted to point out that you were right and I was wrong. I'm kind of hoping that Darth Hoodie will come out at some point and say something like "Don’t be too proud of these statistical models you’ve constructed. The ability to predict football game outcomes is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

2 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

Tyree. I think the Edelman *ahem* catch was like second down or something, and there was time left. If Eli hadn't gotten that pass off, it would have been fourth and very long.

Are you insinuating that wasn't a catch and the refs got it wrong, or just that it was a pinball bullshit event that Edelman is getting too much credit for?

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Grats to White Walker Texas Ranger and JonSnow4President and Lancerman as well. I knew I was forgetting a couple of you Pats fans.

I'm a Cowboys fan.  Just respect Brady and Belichick for the overwhelming dedication to executional excellence. Same reason I respect Alabama despite my alma mater being in their conference.

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Oops, my bad. Apologies.

No worries.  It's not like I haven't sounded like a Pats fan the last few weeks. I think they're the gold standard for a football team, in a world where everything is structured to try and break up dynasties.  Yet they continue anyway.  I have to respect that.  

I'm too young to remember when the Cowboys were doing it.  I'm just a Texan rooting for the same team my dad does as far as that fandom.

17 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Are you insinuating that wasn't a catch and the refs got it wrong, or just that it was a pinball bullshit event that Edelman is getting too much credit for?

I was just correcting the quote which said was the *Amendola* catch.

Archived