Tywin not remarrying makes no sense

theblackdragonI

5 minutes ago, LionoftheWest said:

He didn't sleep with Shae because Tyrion as a perceptive person would have noted that Shae wasn't coming with him? Surely you can come up with better slander of Tywin than this?

Tyrion was fighting in the battle. He had plenty of time away from shae, and while tyrion is normally a perceptive person, that and the better part of his judgement went out the window when there was a woman he was fucking nearby. Tywin knew of shae after the battle. He probably checked her out, and he has way more cash than tyrion so why wouldn't he be able to bed her right there? It fits perfectly with Tywin and his outer image of strength, honor and justice and inside his utterly hypocritical core of who he was   

4 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Tyrion was fighting in the battle. He had plenty of time away from shae, and while tyrion is normally a perceptive person, that and the better part of his judgement went out the window when there was a woman he was fucking nearby. Tywin knew of shae after the battle. He probably checked her out, and he has way more cash than tyrion so why wouldn't he be able to bed her right there? It fits perfectly with Tywin and his outer image of strength, honor and justice and inside his utterly hypocritical core of who he was   

Tywin was leading the army during the battle, and Tyrion saw him deploy and then saw Tywin lead the reserve to break the Northmen. No chance to check out Shae there. And while Tyrion is a fool when it comes to women and emotions, he's still perceptive enough to notice that Shae was away.

Also it don't at all fit with Tywin as a hyprocrit, no matter how dearly you would like to be such. Where you've gained that Tywin is all about "honor and justice" is beyond me. Tywin isn't a very good person and don't care for love or honor, in the way that Eddard Stark does. Tywin is all about House Lannister, House Lannister and House Lannister. And its success.

12 minutes ago, LionoftheWest said:

Tywin was leading the army during the battle, and Tyrion saw him deploy and then saw Tywin lead the reserve to break the Northmen. No chance to check out Shae there. And while Tyrion is a fool when it comes to women and emotions, he's still perceptive enough to notice that Shae was away.

Also it don't at all fit with Tywin as a hyprocrit, no matter how dearly you would like to be such. Where you've gained that Tywin is all about "honor and justice" is beyond me. Tywin isn't a very good person and don't care for love or honor, in the way that Eddard Stark does. Tywin is all about House Lannister, House Lannister and House Lannister. And its success.

Of course Tywin was all about honor and justice, for his house. Tyrion ignores all of his judgement about shae. He knows she is just a whore after his money, but he lets himself love her anyway. It fits perfectly.  Tywin knows his son is whoring. And that was his chance to have a proper erection. 

8 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Of course Tywin was all about honor and justice, for his house. Tyrion ignores all of his judgement about shae. He knows she is just a whore after his money, but he lets himself love her anyway. It fits perfectly.  Tywin knows his son is whoring. And that was his chance to have a proper erection. 

You still haven't explained how Tywin would have checked out Shae during the battle. Was it a baseless lie?

And to that you are again wrong for Tywin don't care for honor and cares little for justice.

It fits about as well as a round egg through a square hole..

19 minutes ago, LionoftheWest said:

You still haven't explained how Tywin would have checked out Shae during the battle. Was it a baseless lie?

And to that you are again wrong for Tywin don't care for honor and cares little for justice.

It fits about as well as a round egg through a square hole..

He knew of shae and let Tyrion know after the battle, Since Bronn and Tyrion were fighting, and tyrion only saw his father at a distance, the fog of war and the unreliable narrator leave open the possibility that Tywin could have gotten some Shae action in before Tyrion returned. I am sure this thing really bothers you as a major Tywin fan, but these books are about characters who are complex and suffer from their failings. Tywin's total inability to have sex with anyone that hasn't already had sex with his son is what got him killed.
Just accept it. 

2 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

He knew of shae and let Tyrion know after the battle, Since Bronn and Tyrion were fighting, and tyrion only saw his father at a distance, the fog of war and the unreliable narrator leave open the possibility that Tywin could have gotten some Shae action in before Tyrion returned. I am sure this thing really bothers you as a major Tywin fan, but these books are about characters who are complex and suffer from their failings. Tywin's total inability to have sex with anyone that hasn't already had sex with his son is what got him killed.
Just accept it. 

You act as if your opinion is fact. It's not. Tywin had sex with one person Tyrion had sex with. That does not mean he only ever had sex with people Tyrion had sex with, that's an assumption not a fact. He could have used the tunnel to Chataya's brothel regularly, hell for all we know he was the one who built it (likely enough seeing as Jon Arryn and f*cking Ned Stark were the last men to hold the position).

5 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Just accept it. 

Why should I accept your lies? Anyway, there's no reason to think any of this and the problem is that you are not even creative. And there are plenty of interesting flaws with Tywin, who isn't my favorite Lannister anyway but the one who gets the most flak, and so there's no reason to add this slander to him.

2 hours ago, theblackdragonI said:

Longer than you by the looks of it ;) But I admit poor choice of words on my account. 

Looks can be deceiving, but that isn't the point. The point is that Tywin was not the forthright man he claims to be. He knows of his children's incest yet he mostly ignores it. He is embarrassed by his heir's dwarfism to the point where he sends him  to die in battle. He then expects his son to rule in his stead afterward. 

29 minutes ago, LionoftheWest said:

Why should I accept your lies? Anyway, there's no reason to think any of this and the problem is that you are not even creative. And there are plenty of interesting flaws with Tywin, who isn't my favorite Lannister anyway but the one who gets the most flak, and so there's no reason to add this slander to him.

the fact that you are calling my theory a lie means it must have hit really close to home. It isn't slander, it is an answer to a question posited by a fellow forum member. I have explained what I think, why I think it is and how it played out in the story. 

23 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Looks can be deceiving, but that isn't the point. The point is that Tywin was not the forthright man he claims to be. He knows of his children's incest yet he mostly ignores it. He is embarrassed by his heir's dwarfism to the point where he sends him  to die in battle. He then expects his son to rule in his stead afterward. 

the fact that you are calling my theory a lie means it must have hit really close to home. It isn't slander, it is an answer to a question posited by a fellow forum member. I have explained what I think, why I think it is and how it played out in the story. 

Not really hitting home, just feeling that you are going into a circle so I'll try to corner you for something concrete. But thank you for this, even if I entirely disagree.

It may have had to do with trust issues.  Joanna was both a Lannister and Tywin's intellectual equal.  Some lords undoubtedly viewed their wives primarily as baby factories, but ladies of great families could in fact wield a great deal of power especially when their husbands were away at war.  Tywin didn't want either a naive young girl or a mature woman who might question a authority

11 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

He probably developed a weird sexual dysfunction after his wife died giving birth to Tyrion. Now, he can only maintain an erection if he is about to have sex with someone that has already had sex with Tyrion 

This is the greatest post in the history of the forum.  Doubly so, as it's hilarious, and LionoftheWest actually took the bait and ran.

17 minutes ago, LionoftheWest said:

You haven't seen many great posters then, but I have understanding for your recent entry into the forum. I still think its better to give posters the benefit of doubt rather than labbel them as trolls when they are provocative.

I didn't call him a troll, I called the post hilarious.  It is hilarious.  Don't "labbel" my posts as anything they aren't, Casterly.

1 minute ago, LindsayLohan said:

I didn't call him a troll, I called the post hilarious.  It is hilarious.  Don't "labbel" my posts as anything they aren't, Casterly.

No, I just hinted that it was a thought that crossed my mind when I read his post. Or that some people would like to labbel me as a troll. I hope I come across a little clearer now.

5 hours ago, Lady bonehead said:

It may have had to do with trust issues.  Joanna was both a Lannister and Tywin's intellectual equal.  Some lords undoubtedly viewed their wives primarily as baby factories, but ladies of great families could in fact wield a great deal of power especially when their husbands were away at war.  Tywin didn't want either a naive young girl or a mature woman who might question a authority

We know absolutely nothing about Joanna apart from the fact that Tywin loved her and that she was a stunner. Joanna's plan of marrying off Cersei/Jamie to a Martell was shot down by Tywin

31 minutes ago, devilish said:

We know absolutely nothing about Joanna apart from the fact that Tywin loved her and that she was a stunner. Joanna's plan of marrying off Cersei/Jamie to a Martell was shot down by Tywin

Actually we know a few things about her.

She had an affair with Aerys and she became very influential.

She was also able to influence Tywin and was his most trusted councillor.

Her plan to marry the twins to the Martells did not come into fruition because she died.

The fact that she arranged the betrothal with her good friend, the Princess, suggests that she did not need to consult Tywin on that matter. 

6 hours ago, Lady bonehead said:

I think that this is quite possible.

If Tywin married another lady from a noble House from the West, then her family and her children would definitely have some power in CR. If he had children with her, then they would be a threat to his beloved twins. The situation would be more complicated if his second wife was from another region, the Riverlands of Stormlands for example.

Seems like a pretty clear cut to me - Tywin loved Joanna and didn't want to remarry after her death. He does come off as glaring hypocrite considering that he wanted to force politically opportune marriages onto all of his children completely disregarding their feelings while unwilling to do the same thing himself, but that's Tywin for you.

1 minute ago, Danelle said:

Actually we know a few things about her.

She had an affair with Aerys and she became very influential.

How do we know this? All ASOIAF and WOIAF make clear is that Aerys was a womanizer and had a thing for Joanna - I've seen nothing that suggest Joanna reciprocated.

4 hours ago, LindsayLohan said:

This is the greatest post in the history of the forum.  Doubly so, as it's hilarious, and LionoftheWest actually took the bait and ran.

Thank you

3 hours ago, LionoftheWest said:

You haven't seen many great posters then, but I have understanding for your recent entry into the forum. I still think its better to give posters the benefit of doubt rather than labbel them as trolls when they are provocative.

It is only provocative to a Tywin hyper-fanboy. for everyone else it is a reasonable discussion about the psychology of an extremely powerful man  

2 hours ago, LindsayLohan said:

Oh snap!

Archived