Legion (FX's Marvel tv series) [SPOILERS]

AncalagonTheBlack

Good Syd centric episode.  My question about the “real” Lenny comes up again.  SK gets captured and appears to be wearing Lenny’s body, but the real Lenny was a dude and he’s dead.  Still confused on how this all works.

There was a real girl in the psych hospital with that appearance though, she's the one that was fused into a wall. She seems to have been fused with David's friend Lenny.

Okay.  Vaguely remember that now.  But I basically thought that the Lenny that is seen has always been a projection that only the host for SK sees.

Like at the end of S1 where they are driving and Oliver is behind the wheel and Lenny is hanging out.

:dunno: 

At the start of this season the SK was still using her form. Apart from that time in the first episode of season 1 (when she was dead) we have only seen her being used by the SK at that point. After David meets with the SK and agrees to help him but he needs to cut the bs and behave, the SK takes his own form leaving the amalgam character loose in his mind.

Oliver should definitely be there too and the fact we haven't seen him for a couple of episodes is not going to be an accident, we just don't know the reason yet (I'm an episode behind i think, so he may show up in the next and I should stop reading this thread)

14 hours ago, karaddin said:

At the start of this season the SK was still using her form. Apart from that time in the first episode of season 1 (when she was dead) we have only seen her being used by the SK at that point. After David meets with the SK and agrees to help him but he needs to cut the bs and behave, the SK takes his own form leaving the amalgam character loose in his mind.

Oliver should definitely be there too and the fact we haven't seen him for a couple of episodes is not going to be an accident, we just don't know the reason yet (I'm an episode behind i think, so he may show up in the next and I should stop reading this thread)

To my knowledge, the current episode was the Syd episode and the next one comes in tomorrow night.  But I've been having to watch later in the week on my DVR, so its hard to keep track of.

On 4/24/2018 at 8:51 PM, Nictarion said:

Wow that stuff with young Syd was fucked up. Easily my favorite episode of S2 so far though. 

I continue to love the music in this show. 

Yea, agreed. Finally, we get some backstory to Syd but in a way that makes you understand and feel for her. First episode I can remember with really strong characterization and I dug it.

9 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Can someone refresh my memory, how did David’s sister know who Oliver was?

I don't recall the details, but David rescued his sister from Division 3 in season 1, and I believe he took her to Summerland. And I think she was there when Oliver woke up. I remember a scene when Oliver was cooking everyone breakfast, David's sister might have been there.

14 hours ago, Astromech said:

Aubrey Plaza was fantastic this last episode.

The previous episodes recap beginning with "apparently" was a nice touch.

I adore her... she is so much damn fun.... and "apparently" was a great touch...lol

Whatever drugs Noah Hawley is on (no one thinks of shit like this without chemical enhancement)... I want some. 

Just saw the S2 premiere. In stark contrast to the S1 premiere, I found this one a bit difficult to get through. Put it another way, it didn't really leave me wanting to immediately jump into the next episode.

I haven't read any S2 comments here yet but it seems that David and the Shadow King will be working together (again), which basically means he'll be at odds with Division 3 (again) and much of the drama will arise from him having to withhold things from Syd who may distrust him as a result

8 hours ago, dooog said:

Just saw the S2 premiere. In stark contrast to the S1 premiere, I found this one a bit difficult to get through. Put it another way, it didn't really leave me wanting to immediately jump into the next episode.

I haven't read any S2 comments here yet but it seems that David and the Shadow King will be working together (again), which basically means he'll be at odds with Division 3 (again) and much of the drama will arise from him having to withhold things from Syd who may distrust him as a result

Lol, keep watching buddy. 

Whoa...

Its almost like someone read our discussion “Where did Lenny get a body?”  “Why haven’t we seen Oliver?”

Then after reading that discussion, that someone said “What’s the most fucked up possible answer we could give to those questions?”

Really enjoyed that episode.  Have I not been paying close enough attention, has the actress playing David’s sister been plying the mustached androids as well?

The preview for next week’s episode looks suitably creepy and even features the fat demon appearance from last season.

Really, really enjoyed this last episode, god me right in the feels. Loved coffee boy to evil billionaire David; made me want an entire spinoff around it hah.

Although, as much as I enjoyed that, I can't wait until things start getting just a tad more concrete. Like, just a little, "I have one hundredth an inkling of what's going on" bit. We'll see though, lol.

I’ve watched through ep3 of S2 but I’m finding it a bit boring.  I like the addition of the new SK persona, and at least the monks add a different storyline.  But it lacks that gripping fascination of S1.  I’m on the fence about watching further.

Noah Hawley may have been just having fun with  what if scenarios this last episode, but I enjoyed it a great deal. It didn't advance the plot much if at all, but damn if those multiple timelines and Davids weren't fun to watch. The ending of the episode was terrific.

When I see someone explaining Quantum Theory, I always think back to the episode of Mad Men with one of my favorite Pete Campbell quotes:

You know what? I have good ideas. In fact, I used to carry around a notebook and a pen, just to keep track. Direct marketing? I thought of that. It turned out it already existed, but I arrived at it independently.

In college I was explaining how I could reconcile an omniscient God with free will and talked to a friend about how every choice I make could take my life down an entirely different path and God knows the result of all, but I get to choose.  See... I came to that idea independently.  The fact that someone else came to it earlier is irrelevant!

:lol: 

Im not sure of the point of the episode, but I did like it.  And the comment on the previous page about whatever Noah Hawley is on... I want some too!  :rofl: 

The singing mouse on the desk?!!?  WTF.  Who thinks of that stuff???

Archived