Legion (FX's Marvel tv series) [SPOILERS]

AncalagonTheBlack

1 minute ago, Corvinus said:

I agree, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I thought about bringing it up in Jace's thread in general chatter about sex bots.

Probably too soon for single clips like that to be cropping up on YouTube or other places, huh?

13 minutes ago, Astromech said:

First episode of the series which bored me. Some cool scenes, but it was an episode where the plot basically idled.

Yep. Other than continuing to crush on Aubrey Plaza, this one did very little for me. 

6 hours ago, Astromech said:

First episode of the series which bored me. Some cool scenes, but it was an episode where the plot basically idled.

Yeah, I didn’t feel like it did much for me either.

The episode sucked, for the first time this season I could barely pay attention. There is absolutely no way this season will be wrapped up in a satisfying way in two episodes. Feel like they really went style over substance in the latter half. :/

I've gotta catch up, but FX announced today that this was renewed for a third season. So I guess the extra episode was just added cause they needed more time to wrap this season up. 

The season is definitely growing on me again. Don't know if it's less weird or just that I'm getting used to the weirdness more. Still a couple of episodes behind in the UK but it's been a solid run from chapter 12-15 and a great sese of horror with what happened to his sister.

It took me a couple of episodes to get used to the new actor playing Shadow King but have to say I think he's excellent now. Has that weird mix of sleazy class and otherness about him. I'd like to get some more on Oliver Bird as I keep getting the impression that he's willingly going along with all this which makes him pretty despicable. Especially as it seems he's playing his own game - although I guess he could be enslaved and this is his escape process.

I also love the little things in the show like how they avoid things like "previously on legion" with "apparently on Legion". I also only just discovered that Jon Hamm does the narration! Probably explains why the narration is so enjoyable.

5 hours ago, red snow said:

I'd like to get some more on Oliver Bird as I keep getting the impression that he's willingly going along with all this which makes him pretty despicable. Especially as it seems he's playing his own game - although I guess he could be enslaved and this is his escape process.

The impression I get is Oliver can be compared to the philosophy behind many eastern martial arts.  Use your enemy's energy against them.  He punches? You pull.  Oliver is waiting for his moment to hoist the SK by his own petard.  (Relevant -- petard means small bomb, and the phrase mean to be destroyed by your own device.)

7 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

The impression I get is Oliver can be compared to the philosophy behind many eastern martial arts.  Use your enemy's energy against them.  He punches? You pull.  Oliver is waiting for his moment to hoist the SK by his own petard.  (Relevant -- petard means small bomb, and the phrase mean to be destroyed by your own device.)

I'm hoping this is the case as we've seen very little resistance from him on screen so far. Other than the scene where he suggested he knew the Shadow King's weakness.

Actually catching Legion at air time tonight.

Last half hour of Deadpool was on... I’m continually amazed at what is allowed to be shown on broadcast TV these days! :stunned: 

I'm pleased the SK finally got his body back. Just when I was fearing he was going to jump to Melanie as his vessel after Oliver for the potential third season.

This show has some of the best visuals: Kerri jumping down the hole/drain, the running around the maze, the screens in the underground looking like petri dishes.

Enough happened this episode to keep the plot moving, while at times seeming oddly stagnant due to the Melanie/SYD and David/Oliver convos.

I hope Oliver isn't a goner. Possibly my fav character(tied with Aubrey Plaza's Lenny) due to Jemaine Clement. I loved him in Gentleman Broncos.

Okay... that I didn’t see coming. :stunned: 

That was a great show.  I really thought we were headed for an ending that left David drugged and essentially lobotimized for the next season.  Now we presumably see what he does to destroy the world next season.

Do find it hard to believe they would let SK loose even with the new focus on David.

Good finale.

I dug the mind battle between David and SK and the not-entirely-unexpected twist of role-reversals and David being, or at least being perceived as, the villain. 

Him dropping "the blonde" was great. Loved how they made Syd the delusion of the season for David.

Hopefully we get to see "evil" David next season in all his glory.

However, as much as I love Oliver, his scene with Melanie felt completely unnecessary. Basically an artistic filler.

I have to agree with Rhom concerning the disbelief of D3 allowing SK free. Unless he orchestrated it all. Wasn't paying close enough attention to the mouse scenes.

16 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Good finale.

I dug the mind battle between David and SK and the not-entirely-unexpected twist of role-reversals and David being, or at least being perceived as, the villain. 

Him dropping "the blonde" was great. Loved how they made Syd the delusion of the season for David.

Hopefully we get to see "evil" David next season in all his glory.

However, as much as I love Oliver, his scene with Melanie felt completely unnecessary. Basically an artistic filler.

I have to agree with Rhom concerning the disbelief of D3 allowing SK free. Unless he orchestrated it all. Wasn't paying close enough attention to the mouse scenes.

I liked the mind battle as well.  I have liked how they have done that in both seasons with Professor X vs Shadow King in season one and this one last night.  Behind Blue Eyes was a creepy song for David to come into.  Considering the limited budget for TV, I think it really works and in many ways outshines big screen mental offerings like Xavier vs Apocalypse.

Concerning SK orchestrating it all, I keep wondering how much of it has he orchestrated all along.  Melanie under his control was the one showing Syd the "evil David" and he talks directly to Syd as well.  Then Oliver and Melanie noted in their "3 years later" piece that David's turn began with the betrayal of Sydney.  So what we have is Shadow King convincing Syd that she is the hero and then David having his reality shattered by the decision she made with SK's influence.

I'm still wondering about that the delusion from a few episodes back that took control of some of the characters. I think it's clear now that it came from David, even though he didn't realize it. Why did it manifest physically? Was it his powers to warp reality that caused that?

On the finale, did anybody think that the mouse that SK used to alert Syd was the same mouse David saw singing and dancing in that alternate realities episode? :lol:

I greatly enjoyed the mind battle between David and SK, and the choice of song in the opening. It was a pretty good finale, and it kinda saved the season, as I was feeling less interested than I was in season 1.

Did they gloss over Kerry and Syd's fight with the minotaur? I feel like the only explanation we got was an offhanded reference from Kerry to Carry about the smell/taste of its blood, and these kind of loose expository moments annoy me about Hawley's style this season. But maybe I just missed it since I wasn't paying quite as close attention as I should have near the beginning (completely glossed over the dialogue in Oliver's and Melanie's scene when I realized the purpose of it, for instance).  

24 minutes ago, Corvinus of Teranga said:

No, they totally glossed over how those two managed to decapitate the Minotaur. I also have no idea why the Minotaur even exists. 

The Minotaur was the guardian of Melanie’s maze wasn’t it?  When David had to snap them all out of the contagion?

Archived