Legion (FX's Marvel tv series) [SPOILERS]

AncalagonTheBlack

Just now, Rhom said:

Is any of it real????

Cue the X-Files theme...

It killed 2 of the robots, so not everything could have happened in someone's mind. Granted, between Melony's talk about what is reality and where the finale seemed to be going, I feared we were going to get "it was all a dream".

The line between reality and the "astral plane" always seemed very blurry this season.

Lenny seemed to interact with things just fine, but didn't have a body.  Then she gets David's sister... but still looks like Lenny.  SK walks around and interacts with Oliver, but presumably he's inside Oliver's head.

I also liked the line from SK to David about trying to make someone love you.

The minotaur battle seemed to be completely brushed aside this episode other than the throw-away taste line by Kerri.

7 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

Did they gloss over Kerry and Syd's fight with the minotaur? I feel like the only explanation we got was an offhanded reference from Kerry to Carry about the smell/taste of its blood, and these kind of loose expository moments annoy me about Hawley's style this season. But maybe I just missed it since I wasn't paying quite as close attention as I should have near the beginning (completely glossed over the dialogue in Oliver's and Melanie's scene when I realized the purpose of it, for instance).  

I have to agree here. It can be frustrating at times, especially when the viewer thinks an event or convo is important in one episode, only to be forgotten or glossed over the next.

25 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Great scene.  Here's the lyrics / captions, including what Farouk was saying in Farsi:

Great scene.

One night and it’s already online... and I’m still waiting for the Cave delusion weeks later!  All the other John Hamm narrations are up there already.  Don’t get it.

On 6/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, SpaceChampion said:

Great scene.  Here's the lyrics / captions, including what Farouk was saying in Farsi:

Probably my favorite scene the show has done to date. 

So glad this got renewed for another season. 

On 6/14/2018 at 4:09 AM, Corvinus of Teranga said:

Right, but why was he real?

Because SK made it real (assuming it wasn't always) when SK got his body back. I remember there being a scene when SK gets his body back and buffs the Minotaur from the wheel chair version to the one with legs.

I sort of took it as a show of how powerful SK got when he got his body back. Crippled Minotaur version being (potentially) only existing on the astral plan (same as SK) to it manifesting in real world due to SK's increased power level.

6 hours ago, The Winged Shadow said:

Because SK made it real (assuming it wasn't always) when SK got his body back. I remember there being a scene when SK gets his body back and buffs the Minotaur from the wheel chair version to the one with legs.

I sort of took it as a show of how powerful SK got when he got his body back. Crippled Minotaur version being (potentially) only existing on the astral plan (same as SK) to it manifesting in real world due to SK's increased power level.

Yeah, but it didn't really turn out to be that impressive a display of his power, since apparently an unarmed Kerry and Syd were able to vanquish it so easily that it didn't even warrant a scene. :rolleyes: This is why it annoys me that they gloss over these sorts of things. Why even introduce the minotaur in the first place if they're just going to poop on it by the end?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived