Legion (FX's Marvel tv series) [SPOILERS]

AncalagonTheBlack

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose every episode now is a sort of one-off in that they barely move the plot forward, but that may have been my favorite episode of the season. It was really dark as hell, but Jemaine Clement's Oliver brings such levity to the series. Every episode was better for having his character in it. Love how Melanie and Oliver taught Syd what she needed to learn. Loved the choice and execution of a fairy tale And a rap battle too!!!

4 hours ago, Astromech said:

I suppose every episode now is a sort of one-off in that they barely move the plot forward, but that may have been my favorite episode of the season. It was really dark as hell, but Jemaine Clement's Oliver brings such levity to the series. Every episode was better for having his character in it. Love how Melanie and Oliver taught Syd what she needed to learn. Loved the choice and execution of a fairy tale And a rap battle too!!!

The rap battle definitely made me think of Flight of the Conchords. 

18 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Noah Hawley is straight up on drugs. :lol:

Good ones, I'd wager.

It was really cool to see Jean Smart again... I thought she was done on this show... glad they could work her in without it seeming contrived. I also dug the Syd backstory...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm up-to-date (but an episode behind US). I'm enjoying this season the weirdness seems to have more direction/point to it than it did in parts of season 2. The most bizarre parts were probably the first two episodes.

I thought the time-eaters were excellent. Really creepy and interesting visuals for them along with the dimension the shadow king was fighting them on.

The Xavier episode was strong as David essentially created his doom by going back and trying to stop it.

And the fairytale mindscape episode worked really well for me, even though it probably shouldn't have. There was probably a lot of symbolism I missed regarding the wolf and cynthia but it was still enjoyable. Oddly reminded me of the "deathless" book which was a dark fairytale set in a similar era.

The plot is moving fairly slowly but then we do get a lot in short bursts like when David killed off half the cast and it was revealed there's a legion of personalities stuck in his head. I'm not sure this means that some of his actions aren't "his" or that of "legion" but I do like how they've made him pretty evil with his nonchalant attitude of his actions no longer matter because he's going to erase this timeline anyhow.

Most recent episode was good. Farouk's reaction to David was priceless. As were his attempts to get into his head with only that damn song playing. Great development at the end. This final battle better be good.

Well that wrapped up rather nicely. Didn’t expect such a happy ending. 

Loved the use Pink Floyd’s Mother. Probably only second to the psychic battle in the S2 finale for my favorite scene of the entire series. The music was consistently great throughout all three seasons. 

Navid Negahban gets the series MVP from me. He was always amazing. Honorable mentions for Dan Stevens and Aubrey Plaza. 

It got a bit too convoluted at times (especially S2), but it was highly original, stylish, and for the most part a pretty great show. Especially for a comic book series. I’m going to miss it. 

I'm conflicted on the finale. While I thought the time and existence aspects to it were great, the battle between David/Charles and Farouk was rather weak and the resolution of it terrible. It ruined the Shadow King for me.

I agree that Navid Negabahn was fantastic. He made the Farouk my fav character.

This show was always a lot of fun to watch but also extremely frustrating at times when the plot slowed to a crawl.

Archived