Legion (FX's Marvel tv series) [SPOILERS]

AncalagonTheBlack

My take on the episode was that in all the other realities, David's sister doesn't die, or at least not before David himself dies. I think the whole episode showed David's grief, and how he thought his and his sister's life might have been.

As we still don't know the full extent of his powers, it's possible he actually reached out with his mind into other realities to see other pathways.

There were really 2 constants from what I could tell in David's lives: his sister and the SK. 

There was definitely no plot movement in this one, but there was some character exposition for David, and yet again I appreciated the style. In another way the entire episode was the presentation of yet another concept, as John Hamm has been doing for the previous episodes.

This show has somehow became weirder and quirkier. I fear Noah Hawley may be going the same way as Bryan Fuller did by the later seasons of Hannibal and American Gods where his style goes a little too far.

Hopefully it's just Hawley exorcising his creative demons with a concept that makes it so esy for him to do whatever the hell he wants.

I'm still enjoying it but more in a twin peaks kind of way. I find the style/weirdness keeps the characters at arm's length making it hard to invest in any of them. eg they could kill off any character and I wouldn't really care.

Liked the not-too-un-expected reveal of David being the cause of the future catastrophe and the Shadow King having to stop him. Or is this just more bs?

I've always loved the style of this show and they again hit a home run with the Shadow King's temporal amplification with the car and the coding design inside the mainframe at D3.

But who was the old lady in the rocker at the end?

On 5/11/2018 at 3:16 AM, red snow said:

This show has somehow became weirder and quirkier. I fear Noah Hawley may be going the same way as Bryan Fuller did by the later seasons of Hannibal and American Gods where his style goes a little too far.

Hopefully it's just Hawley exorcising his creative demons with a concept that makes it so esy for him to do whatever the hell he wants.

I'm still enjoying it but more in a twin peaks kind of way. I find the style/weirdness keeps the characters at arm's length making it hard to invest in any of them. eg they could kill off any character and I wouldn't really care.

Agreed. The Twin Peaks analogy is spot on.... Last season I was this confused, but there came an episode where they began connecting dots.... and i don;t see that happening this season. It's still fun AF, but I'd be lying if I said that I had a grip on what the hell is actually --or even ostensibly-- happening. 

Yeah, so... not sure how good I feel about this last episode. I enjoyed the conversation between Syd and the Shadow King, and I'm glad to see that my theory that David is the catastrophe is correct. But (it appears, at least) I was only partially correct, and that leads me to my biggest gripe: the delusion. What the heck was the point of it, where did it come from, what is it? Why introduce this thing just to immediately kill it off? Does it have any relevance going forward? 

I suppose David could still have been unknowingly responsible for the delusion in some way. But I'm just kinda eh about it right now. I also don't understand how or why Amy was deluded too, since she saw Fukuyama as the weird bird thing under the basket in her "dream." 

When they added that extra episode in the middle of filming I thought it was weird (unprecedented?) but didn't think much more about it. Now I'm reading that the rumor is they added that episode to wrap things up and serve as a series finale. :( 

Just now, RumHam said:

When they added that extra episode in the middle of filming I thought it was weird (unprecedented?) but didn't think much more about it. Now I'm reading that the rumor is they added that episode to wrap things up and serve as a series finale. :( 

Where’d you read that?

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Top comment of this review (coincidentally made by a use of this forum, at least he has the same name and avatar.) has a reply by the author of the review saying so. I know it's flimsy as sources go but it also makes a lot of sense. 

Hope not. I’m not going to have any shows left at  this rate...

18 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Hope not. I’m not going to have any shows left at  this rate...

I know what you mean.  I feel like the fox situation has to be a case of "let's make as much money as possible before we hand it over to Disney." Why invest in new episodes of shows when you can air repeats for a year or so and then get bought out. 

On 5/17/2018 at 2:00 PM, Martini Sigil said:

Agreed. The Twin Peaks analogy is spot on.... Last season I was this confused, but there came an episode where they began connecting dots.... and i don;t see that happening this season. It's still fun AF, but I'd be lying if I said that I had a grip on what the hell is actually --or even ostensibly-- happening. 

It's a fun ride as long as there's some plot pay off. I'm still a few episodes behind having being on holiday but the episode where legion was stuck in his girlfriend's brain all episode was exactly what I needed in this season - a reason to care about some of the characters.

What a surprise that Oliver/SK is in Melanie's head. Never saw that one coming.

Overall a decent episode. Perhaps more straightforward than previous episodes. Ptonomy being wired into the mainframe was my favorite part of the episode.

So David seems to be playing Three-card Monte with the team.

Just now, Astromech said:

Overall a decent episode. Perhaps more straightforward than previous episodes. Ptonomy being wired into the mainframe was my favorite part of the episode.

So David seems to be playing Three-card Monte with the team.

3 hours ago, Astromech said:

I might have considered it if I remembered she was on the show. I feel like she's been in three episodes tops this season? 

11 hours ago, RumHam said:

I might have considered it if I remembered she was on the show. I feel like she's been in three episodes tops this season? 

I think that was done intentionally... when she showed up at the end of the episode, it had dawned on me that I'd totally forgotten about her. Granted, they could have sprinkled her into a few more scenes throughout the season... but I think that they believed the reveal would have impact this way...

I just caught up on the last two episodes.  My word.  Negan Negahban is an amazing actor.  That scene with Syd in the episode last week was amazing.  I had to go over his IMDB page to see why I hadn’t seen him.  I never watched Homeland and I don’t remember much about the final couple of seasons of 24; so I just don’t know him.  He is absolutely perfect in this roll.

The show is still trippy and bizarre.  Am enjoying it even though I have no clue what is going on.

The preview for the next episode looks good with more Lenny on deck.

While I will be disappointed if the show is cancelled here, I don’t know that I will feel that I am missing out on much if they completely wrap up the Shadow King.  I could look at this as a good “mini series” with a two season arc.

I know the John Hamm interludes have been a bit of a mixed bag for some here (personally, I've liked them... but that could just be my nostalgia wanting a Don Draper fix any way I can get it).

Today at lunch I took my staff out to eat and we were talking about a school shooting in Indiana this morning (no one dead thank goodness) and while talking about it, I actually used last week's interlude of the cave and seeing the real world as shadows with no substance as a way of seeing how and why people are more likely to commit crimes like this now when they didn't before.  Just thought it was an interesting parallel.

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I know the John Hamm interludes have been a bit of a mixed bag for some here (personally, I've liked them... but that could just be my nostalgia wanting a Don Draper fix any way I can get it).

Today at lunch I took my staff out to eat and we were talking about a school shooting in Indiana this morning (no one dead thank goodness) and while talking about it, I actually used last week's interlude of the cave and seeing the real world as shadows with no substance as a way of seeing how and why people are more likely to commit crimes like this now when they didn't before.  Just thought it was an interesting parallel.

I agree, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I thought about bringing it up in Jace's thread in general chatter about sex bots.

Archived