Jojen sick

shortguy457

18 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Question. Does Jojen paste imply that Jojen is dead, or just that his blood is being used? 

The theory covers either scenario, but I think it works best if Jojen has been killed, by Snowy Locks wielding a bronze blade. 

7 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

They're out of season :(

This speaks against Jojen paste...

"No. They killed him long ago. Come now. It is warmer down deep, and no one will hurt you there. He is waiting for you."

"The three-eyed crow?" asked Meera.

"The greenseer." And with that she was off, and they had no choice but to follow.

Bran II, Dance 13

@Curled Finger who asked, What's the deal with him taking his ball and just sitting at the mouth of the cave looking out for hours?   

Jojen needed to get his daily dose of vitamin D to keep his bones strong and deal with his SAD when the day was bright.

the resta ya can keep your paste and quacker oats I will have me some porridge

7 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

@Curled Finger who asked, What's the deal with him taking his ball and just sitting at the mouth of the cave looking out for hours?   

Jojen needed to get his daily dose of vitamin D to keep his bones strong and deal with his SAD when the day was bright.

the resta ya can keep your paste and quacker oats I will have me some porridge

Hehehehehehe--that was good, Pup.   

We might have a bit of a clue in the fire arc.

ice arc:

- white-barked trees with red leaves (weirwood)

- give long life (Bloodraven)

- have mazes associated with them (caves of the children of the forest)

- give visions

- need eating an at first foul-tasting paste to unlock visions (paste made from the white-red trees)

fire arc:

- black-barked trees with blue leaves (around the House of the Undying)

- give long life (Undying)

- have maze associated with them (House of the Undying)

- give visions? (visions definitely do happen in the maze i.e. HotU)

- need drinking a foul-tasting wine to unlock visions (shade of the evening, made from leaves of the black-blue trees)

I know we all know that already but I thought it worthwile to recall it because of the Jojen question. Considering all the similarities above it stands to reason that the question of whether a human sacrifice is needed to create the psychoactive food that unlocks the metaphysical visions is likely answered the same way in either arc.

As far as I recall shade of the evening does not need a human sacrifice to make. I recall the blue leaves as an ingredient but nothing else. This makesit a little more believable that no Jojen is required in the ice arc either.

I admit it's not conclusive but it's something IMO. (And it is of course possible shade of the evening also needs a 'Jojen' - component and it's simply kept so secret that we don't know it. But the fact is we have not heard anything like that at the time being at least.)

Archived